main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Autograph Collecting- Where to start?

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by JediMasterJessica, Jun 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMasterJessica

JediMasterJessica Jedi Master star 3

Jul 26, 2005
    Hello, I recently have been really interested in starting to collect autographs from Star Wars actors, but I'm really lost on where to start. Anyone have any ideas? I know the easiest way is to get them at cons, but I don't think I'll be going to any, anytime soon. So does anyone know who to start with and how. Or even if you have some stories on autograph collecting-I'd love to hear them.

2. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    I started with conventions, and have never purchased an autograph that I did not have signed in person at a convention. I just don't trust the vast majority of eBay auctions.

However, since you are not able to attend any conventions, your best bet would probably be to start with an officially licensed place such as OfficialPix, which is part of the company (C2 Ventures) that has run the autograph hall that the last three Star Wars Celebrations. I also wouldn't trust someone just because they have a "Certificate of Authenticity", because those can easily be forged or created by anyone with a decent home printer.

3. Tych_sel

Tych_sel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    If you don't mind paying a bit, and aren't going to be getting to any cons in the near future, I'd certainly suggest giving Officalpix a shot. I've gotten all of my autographs through them, and have been well satisfied. Though with personalized autographs, one can't always be sure where the celeb will sign it.

4. JediMasterJessica

JediMasterJessica Jedi Master star 3

Jul 26, 2005
    I wouldn't ever trust Ebay, most of the sellers there have like 3 of the same pictures with the signature in the same exact place, and try to say they're real. I think I will buy 1 from Official Pix, I'll have to start saving up. I might be able to go to a convention in July, which will have Billy Dee Williams, Ray Park, and Bonnie Piesse there, so if I do go I'll get theres

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    If the Ebay seller has a COA or a pic of him/herself with the celebrity getting the signing then you might consider buying from them.

6. cronus8

cronus8 Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jun 29, 2002
    There are also the signed trading cards that I know have been in a lot of sets lately... not sure how much they go for though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.