main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY Autograph Collectors Thread

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Doc_Bev, Dec 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    Don't know if there's anyone else on the boards here that collects Star Wars autographs other than myself and KnightShade, but...

Just saw this offer by Official Pix and I am so tempted to get one for myself...

Personalized Mark Hamill autographs!

I missed getting to Empire Fan Fest and then he's never attended a Celebration - so I've never had the chance to get his autograph (other than off eBay). :(

I think I'll have to wait and see how much Christmas money I get first though since KnightShade already got the 2 lightsabers as presents for this year.

~Doc_Bev

2. HothGirl

HothGirl Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    LOL

Well, they're a dollar cheaper than they were at EFF but that's probably not including shipping.

3. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Actually it's only a penny cheaper and that includes domestic shipping, but I don't have to wait in line and worry about whether or not the line will get capped before I get to the head of it. ;)

~Doc_Bev

4. HothGirl

HothGirl Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    Yeah...I was reading them as just $99 bucks. And at least this way, you don't have to sign up in advance to get your photo and then wait in the line to pick it up.

5. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Ugh! I just ordered my Mark Hamill autograph thinking - oh good, there's no one else on the list for the next few months that I don't already have - and now they go and add Christopher Lee!! :oops: I can't justify/afford two $100 autographs in one month. Oh well, you win some and you lose some I guess...

~Doc_Bev

6. ThinWhiteDuke

ThinWhiteDuke Jedi Master star 1

Nov 5, 2005
    Add me to that list ;)

For an overview of my collection go to my website: www.ThinWhiteDuke76.blogspot.com and click on AutographCollection.

Regarding StarWars actors; my most prized ones are George Lucas, Harrison Ford (on an Indiana Jones photo), Natalie Portman (on a Episode II photo) and Anthony Daniels (I was his assistant at a convention)

The first 3 were obtained in-person by one of my best pals, who works as a moviejournalist and got to interview them.

7. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    "Impressive... Most impressive..."

Welcome to our corner of the FanForce boards ThinWhiteDuke! I think you're officially the only one from the Netherlands that has ever posted here.

I really enjoyed looking through your Star Wars and LOTR autographs - awesome collection. I don't get out to enough of the major city's conventions (i.e. the west coast USA) to be able to get too many of the really big name stars. Maybe someday...

~Doc_Bev

8. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    I'm really a noob at autographs. I just have Elijah from last years CNSFX aside from all the sports autographs I have from years of being a semi-jock. I'll prolly add autograph number 2 later this year with Shatner.

9. jedijason8080

jedijason8080 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2002
    Wow very nice ThinWhiteDuke. I just have what i got from C3. But cant wait ton get more. I personaly cant see spending $100 for an autograph.

10. ThinWhiteDuke

Nov 5, 2005
    THanX!
    Well...I didn't go to C3, but I would have loved to...man, I would have spent a fortune!

THanX Bev!
    The dutch have always been pioneers *LOL*, maybe this also means that I'm the first dutchman that has found this section? ;)

I always notice that USA and UK citizens appreciate autographs. In my country collectors are labeled insane ("what? paying for an autograph?") :D

You guys have dozens of conventions. We have only a few....luckily, England has many good ones, and isn't that far away.

If you guys are really into collecting; come and visit my forum! It's all abou autographs...just go to my site and click on the forum button.

Cheers!
    Dennis (AKA ThinWhiteDuke)

11. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Well, I got my Mark Hamill autograph in the mail today...
    I was really disappointed to see that he spelled my name wrong on it. :(
    I'm going to try emailing Official Pix, but I doubt there's anything that can be done about it at this point.

~Doc_Bev

12. ThinWhiteDuke

Nov 5, 2005
    How can anyone misspell Nicky????

That really sucks.....

13. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    I do it all the time...:eek: :rolleyes: :oops:

14. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I don't know...
    And I don't mind too much when it happens normally (even my mother spells my name differently with each card I get from her) but I paid $100 for this misspelling. :(

~Doc_Bev

15. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I sent Official Pix an "I'm very disappointed" email this afternoon and received a response back within 10 minutes saying that they may be able to get me a replacement. *crosses fingers*[face_dancing]

~Doc_Bev

16. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    Yaaaaaaaay [face_praying]

Anyone know where I can get a Chuck Norris Autograph? [face_laugh]

17. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    Here's one for ya
    [face_cowboy]Scott's Valentine Wish [face_cowboy]

18. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    Link didnt work Tom.
    Your attempt at sly humor has been thwarted again.

19. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    It worked for me...
    It was just a link to an eBay auction.

~Doc_Bev

20. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    NEVAAAAH! Try again! Scottie I really think you'll like it

21. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    For those that missed the last Carrie Fisher signing it looks like she'll be doing another one for Official Pix in July.

I was thinking of getting Oliver "Sio Bibble" Davies autograph as he doesn't seem the sort to do conventions.

For a list of all the upcoming Official Pix signings go here: http://www.officialpix.com/personalized.asp

~Doc_Bev

22. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Oliver Davis & Julian Glover personalized autos are now available until May 31st through Official Pix.

Which reminds me I still need to sort out my Mark Hamill...
    I never got around to sending the incorrect one back in so that I could get a new one.

~Doc_Bev

23. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Some great autographs on sale right now through C2 Ventures/Offical Pics.
    I just ordered a Brad Dourif, a John Rhys-Davis and a Sean Astin autographed color 8x10s for $31.95 shipped.

~Doc_Bev

24. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    There's a sale at Official Pix until Oct 8th.

I'd love to get this one, but I'd also love to get the corrected personalized Mark Hamill back that I already paid $100 for. [face_frustrated]

~Doc_Bev

25. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Samuel L. Jackson personalized autos are now available.
    http://www.officialpix.com/estore/products.asp?cat=56

*sigh* Another "would be nice to have", but I still haven't gotten my corrected Mark Hamill back. :(

~Doc_Bev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.