main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Autograph seekers at Celebration II

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by TheWampas1138, Apr 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Howdy again folks. One of the primary things we plan to do at CII is collect autographs, and as I was reading through the list of people that are going to be there, I noticed an omission when it came to a few of the actors. They were listed as speakers, but it failed to mention them signing autographs. I contacted someone at Wizards, and surprisingly got an answer in minutes. Here's what Rob Bane replied:

Actually, there is a distinction between the types of Guests we are brining to the show. We're working with an organizatoin called C2 Ventures, to recruit all of our autograph guests. Myself and Lucasfilm are recruiting the show guests. Show guests will not be signing autographs at Celebration II, but will be making multiple appearances each day of the show. We'll be announcing additional show guests shortly, but Mr. Morrison and Mr. Christensen are the only two we've announced thus far.

To see a complete list of all Guests signing autographs at the show, check out the C2Ventures website at www.seetwo.com.

Thank you,

Rob J. Bane, Program Manager
    Wizards of the Coast, Inc.

After this email, I went to seetwo.com and emailed one of the people at that site about possibly lining up Episode II stars. I haven't gotten a response yet (which is understandable), but if I get anything, I'll forward the information here. Happy hunting.

2. que4zone

que4zone Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2002
    There's only one autograph I want (Anthony Daniels).. I would like to get more, but I really don't want to pull $15 out of my pocket for every autograph.. You know??.. I think I'll be spending more money on other SWToys.. I'm not quite sure how big my wallet is going to be.. (Hopefully, very large!)..

3. TheWampas1138

Apr 2, 2002
    That's the same hope we have, a big wallet. Anthony Daniels is the one autograph we don't need though, he was at a convention in Madison about two years ago. He's a nice guy, even stood around and talked to a few fans while waiting for a meeting room to open up. Granted, that was a smaller convention, and he wasn't MC of that one, but still good to the fans. We plan on getting a lot of autographs, but maybe for people that aren't, you could pool your money together and buy a ten pack for $120, that way everyone saves a bit of money. Just an idea. Maybe five people get two tickets a piece, or two people get three and one gets four. Even if someone decides they need more later, you've still saved money. Just a thought.

4. LeiaYT1300

LeiaYT1300 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    The only one I really want is Carrie's, and maybe, if I have the cash, Anthony's too (3PO has always been my fave for comic relief in the trilogy, and Daniels is a fabulous actor!). But to have Carrie's, and perhaps even get the chance to speak to her (although she'll probably think I'm a nutcase) would be one of the crowning glories of my existence! Suffice to say, I'll die happy! :)

5. Bujo

Bujo Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2002
    For some out there reason, I'm really looking forward to meeting with Warwick Davis. I've been following him since I first caught his name and am just curious to meet him. I HATE the idea of being jacked $15 per autograph, so I plan to only get 2 or 3. They better be supplying some damn nice glossies for those prices . . .

6. marajoan

marajoan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 3, 2002
    Carrie Fisher, Billy Dee Williams and maybe Anthony Daniels.

7. CaptMereel

CaptMereel Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 11, 2002
    I know this is a little late in posting a message about this topic but I have found that WOTC tends to be very anal and tightlipped about everything. Personally since they took over GenCon (by being the white knight that acquired TSR years ago - but that's a whole other story) that con has, in some ways, gone downhil - although I still enjoy it and have had some very interesting conversations with stars signing autographs there. Hopefully, now that they sold GenCon to the original founder of WOTC, perhaps he will turn things around. But, back to the subject, since I have a Wall of Fett (which includes about 5 things autographed by Jeremy Bullock, including a very personal photo of him and I) I would love to add Morrison (one can only hope) - after all, if you got the bad boy son, you gotta have daddy, too! Peter Mayhew, if he's at MSOE on the 28th, I will try to get there. But, all in all, I collect autographs for various reasons but will just have to wait and see who C2 Ventures will have available for autographs.

8. jedisister

jedisister Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 1, 2001
    So, Haydon Christianson isn't signing autographs? Bummer, not for myself but a friend of mine who lives far away and isn't able to make it. Well, I plan to get Carrie Fischer, 2 at least, and maybe Billy Dee's.

9. TheWampas1138

Apr 2, 2002
    As much as I hate to disappoint anyone who has a wall of Fett (I myself have a shrine to him, and can't wait for my Fett Bobblehead to arrive in the mail), I don't think Morrison is signing autographs, just appearing for questions, or something like that. I have a Jango all set aside, and I'll take it with me, but, I think he's not going to be signing. I have a Boba Fett signed, but I bought it on Ebay a year ago, so I'd like to actually have him sign something in front of me (the 200th figure edition Boba Fett). I'm hoping Peter Mayhew will sign at MSOE, even if it costs something, just so that's one less at C2. Already have Anthony Daniels from an appearance in Madison, and Billy Dee Williams at GenCon, so that would be three big people we don't have to get at C2. As for GenCon, we're not big into the RPGs, though we would like to try them, so for us it was always merchandise, guests and trying things out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.