main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Joaquin, CA Autograph show last weekend, and wondercon

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by mrcottonsparrot, Jan 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrcottonsparrot

mrcottonsparrot Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 26, 2004
    Hey all, I'm back --

OK, I have seen it all -- y'know the autograph shows (and like autograph lanes at Comic Con etc.) and how 99% of the people who are in them are like B-list TV actors or people who haven't worked in awhile, or authors, or ?? All I can say is: RICHARD CHAMBERLAIN??!! No kidding. Geez, how the mighty have fallen. I mean, isn't it kinda creepy when people who are allegedly still WORKING regularly, go to these things? Hand to God, there he was, Burbank Hilton, last weekend. I tagged along with Cherie and her partner Mary (Cherie's interviewing the Star Wars guys for a future SWI issue), and we were like, "no way we're gonna get near him, it'll take an hour," but geez, he didn't even have a LINE when we got to him, and he was just shoved over in a corner between some Playmates and the Alias Smith and Jones guys (for which there was a HUGE line)...man, what a burn. The Batman people were WAY more representin'; we got Lee Meriwether AND Julie Newmar (!!) But RC had GREAT cool photos from Shogun from his personal collection that had NEVER been published before, and of course we got our Thorn Birds stuff and our Shogun DVDs done also. Also he had his book for sale, and Cherie thanked him for coming out, about which he was very gracious and friendly.

So we're all going to Wondercon -- Cherie's show is still taping during that weekend, but we're going to dash up to go. According to Mary, WC in its early days was originally in one tiny ballroom at the Hyatt Regency in Oakland (not unlike ComicCon's roots), and her photos are amazing to compare with what's up now...it was so tiny!

Anyway, we should all hook up.

Caryn The Parrot

2. Cruzer_Fett

Cruzer_Fett Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 31, 2005
    If you see a Jango, Jawa, and kid Anakin walking around acting like crazy people on Saturday...that'll be me, my sis, and son respectively! Come say hi! Are you guys planning on costuming up? If so, tell us what to look for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.