Autographs

Discussion in 'FanForce: Star Wars Celebrations' started by wookiesrus, Oct 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wookiesrus Jedi Knight

star 1
    How has this worked at past celebrations? Will we be able to bring in stuff for them to sign, or will they have pics for us to purchase so they can sign those?

VK edit: Locking this and starting a new one because we've reached ten pages.
  2. Darth_Tofu Force Ghost

star 4
  3. wookiesrus Jedi Knight

star 1
    Nice!! :)
  4. Moff_D Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Well, since the question was answered, why not turning this thread into a place for talking about autographs you may have obtained at other Celebrations or SW events?

Looking back now, it was very nice to meet Michael Sheard (Admiral Ozzel) and get his autograph at C3. As you might recall he passed away a few months after that event. From my all-too-brief interaction with him, he seemed a very nice, considerate and appreciative gentleman, and a bit of a ham. :)
  5. Kyle Katarn Chosen One

star 6
    I was a volunteer for Official Pix and so I got my volunteer shirt signed. Not as many signatures as I would have liked tho, had some other commitments, but I did manage to get Billy Dee to sign it, so it was worth missing out on some others.
  6. ValedaKor Force Ghost

star 5
    I appreciated the chance to meet and talk with him, too (while working for OfficialPix). He was quite the gentleman indeed. Even kissed my hand :).
  7. skywalker_1982 Jedi Master

star 4
    You know I have never seen so much dedication from someone in my life he knew he did not have long to live and odviously no one knew at C3 but yet he still flew over for celebration 3, it odviously shows that star wars was a main part of his life and he wanted to be amongst the people that loved him most.
  8. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
    It's gonna be a stretch, but I'm really hoping Ewan shows up. He's the only person left that I'm dying to meet. :(

While I haven't been to the other celebrations, I have a few people that I've met from Comic Con that you should meet if you haven't:

Ray Park - Ray is seriously my favorite of the SW actors that I've met. He's a funny, sweet, great guy. If you've never gotten a Ray Hug, you need to. :D

Peter Mayhew - Peter is awesome as well. He's quite funny and if you bring him a toy to sign/take a picture with, he plays with it!

Matt Wood - Matt's great because he's a geek just like us. Very sweet and incredibly funny.
  9. JediJustin Jedi Master

star 4
    It's a shame that most of the big-name actors do not share the same passion & appreciation for Star Wars that Michael Sheard had. Most of them wouldn't have even sniffed Hollywood if it wasn't for their role in the Star Wars saga.
  10. Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    As far as C3 goes, meeting Ray Park and Peter Mayhew was my favorite as well. Great guys who appreciate the fans. Unlike Billy Dee.... what a waste of time that was.
  11. ValedaKor Force Ghost

star 5
    Yes, indeed, JJ. It's all part of their resume, but as often happens in Hollywood, some jobs are ignored because the actor is afraid it will affect their "street cred" or some such silly cliche. Me, I would be happy to be immortalized forever for my efforts in a SW movie.

Going back to autographs and autographers from past celebrations - the stories they can tell! I sat with Toby Philpott at C-III, and he kept us all in stitches with the tales he was telling of working on the movie. Besides, his accent is to die for :). Dave Barclay (right side) is the same. I urge anyone going to C-IV, if Toby and David are there, to come over and get their autographs and talk to them. Tremendous fellows. I'm hoping they are there; David lives in the L.A. area now, so it's easier for him. Toby is still across the pond.
  12. JEDI-KNIGHT-JAY Jedi Master

star 2
    I got them all at C3. 23 autographs from the one that I haven't gotten before C3. 38 autographs total now from Star Wars. So unless they bring out some big name actors, I'll be doing something else at C4.

I guess unlike the most of you, Billy Dee dissapointed me the most of all that was there. Ray Parks and Amy Allen rule.
  13. jedifan77 Force Ghost

star 5
    The only time I met Peter Mayhew I didn't get a very good impression. I don't like thinkin' somebody's not nice, so glad to know I was wrong!! Guess I'll bring him a toy at C4.

Met Ray Park once and he was nice as could be.

Never thought I was an autograph collector until I started sorting some of my SW things. Ends up I've got 5 or 6 signatures from the big names from the originals. Thinkin' I might try to expand that at C4.
  14. Captain_Typho Force Ghost

star 5
    My goal is to have all 24 Phantom Menace Pepsi Cans signed. So far from C3 I have:

Kenny Baker
    Ralph Brown
    Jerome Blake
    Ray Park

and I still need a lot more...
  15. JEDI-KNIGHT-JAY Jedi Master

star 2
    What big names did you get jedifan77? I want Carrie, Mark, H Ford, James E Jones, N Portland. My collection is mainly masked or secondary people.
  16. pwinklespi Jedi Knight

star 3
    As I said in another thread, I have basically paid the mortgage over at Official Pix with the purchases I have made. I now have

Mark Hamill
    Carrie Fisher X 2
    Christopher Lee
    Jesse Jensen
    Daniel Logan X 3 he's a punk
    Samuel L. Jackson
    Ken Colley
    Shannon McRandle
    Temerue Morrison
    David Prowse
    and others I can't remember right now.

I want to Get Ray Park on a really good looking poster or 8X10.
  17. jedifan77 Force Ghost

star 5
    I've got Carrie Fisher, Mark Hammill, Harrison Ford, James Earl Jones, Phil Brown plus a few others that aren't as well known. I'd like to get Anthony Daniels, Kenny Baker, Peter Mayhew and David Prowse. Didn't start out to be an autograph collector, but since I've got a few, may as well focus on the original actors.
  18. pwinklespi Jedi Knight

star 3
    How were you able to obtain Harrison? Just curious. He is very difficult to get.
  19. jedifan77 Force Ghost

star 5
    I think I mentioned this is another post:

I'm special!
  20. JediJustin Jedi Master

star 4
    You got Harrison Ford's autograph? I was always under the assumption that he refrained from any in-person Star Wars-related signings...
  21. pwinklespi Jedi Knight

star 3
    No seriously, I'm curious. was it online or in person?
  22. JEDI-KNIGHT-JAY Jedi Master

star 2
    If in person, did you get something Star Wars signed?
  23. pwinklespi Jedi Knight

star 3
  24. Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    I would love to get Harrison Ford's autograph for my son. His name is Harrison too.... my wife wouldn't go for Han so that's as close as I got.

25. pwinklespi Jedi Knight

star 3
    Master Replicas was selling their Millenium Falcon studio scale for $2,300. with Harrison Fords signature it was $2,700. I heard Official Pix is working on getting him to sign, but be ready for a heaty sales price. Probably abotu $500 to $600. No thanks! I can't spend half my mortgage payment on ink.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.