main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Autographs

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by wookiesrus, Oct 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    LOL - so did I. Just got it at 11:48am EST.

Way to come thru, Ben! =D=

2. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    WOOHOO...

I just got the email for the coupons and I am in the process of ordering them. The excitement is definetly beginning to explode all over!!!

YIPPIE!!!

3. DarkPrince

DarkPrince Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2005
    Got the email, will be ordering these a bit later. :)

4. Ysrossko

Ysrossko Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 17, 2006
    I just ordered my Carrie coupon and seven generics. So that is my autograph budget.

5. Amidala081499

Sep 13, 2003
    YEEHAW....

I just got my Carrie Fisher and Anthony Daniels coupons. I will buy the honor guests as they announce them, I dont think I will have trouble buying the others at C4. I did not have any problems at C3, walked right in and got them all, took about 2 hours total, but I went during off-peak times.

CAN'T WAIT FOR THE BIGGER ANNOUNCEMENTS!!!

6. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    We got our Carrie and some generic coupons as well. I wouldn't walk across the street for Daniels' autograph though. He has a bit of a reputation ;)

If Hamill does indeed not show up, at least it frees up money for other big names :)

7. Amidala081499

Sep 13, 2003
    Really, what is Anthony Daniels like? If he is another Billy Dee I will be so upset.

8. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    The dealings I am aware of that Daniels has had with SW fandom haven't been pleasant, but I won't badmouth him on a public forum. ;)

I'm sure he will be on his best behavior for a big event like C4 (although that OP warning about cutting off tickets for Daniels' autograph at any time likely has more to do with him than with OP).

9. miarama

miarama Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2006
    Amidala, my hubby said that during the first Celebration he was very fan-friendly. He wasn't signing at the time but he shook hands with Fans. My hubby took a picture of him, and when they met again the following year at a Comic-con (this time he had a booth), Anthony signed that same photo taken of him at CI AND they even talked for a few minutes!

If he has changed his demeanor since that time, we really don't know. All we know is what we've heard. (Hopefully just rumors.)

10. Dark_Elling

Dark_Elling Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2002

11. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    Well, the things I have firsthand knowledge of are all post-2002, so I guess there is a definite pattern to his behavior.
    But like I said, I'm sure he will be pleasant for an event like C4.

12. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2006
    WHOA! What a list! IF I end up going I'd definately want Mayhew, Park, Daniels, and Baker. Fisher would be nice, but I'd feel really stupid asking someone for an autograph who has the same first name.

"And this is too...?" :)
    "Carrie.". [face_blush]
    "Yes?" :)
    "No, that's my name." [face_worried]
    "You're kidding..." o_O :eek:

13. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    It could be worse - you could be a Leia.... [face_laugh]

14. Amidala081499

Sep 13, 2003
    DANG...Are there any celebs out there that are thankful for their fan-base. I mean dammit...we pay for their fancy cars, fancy clothes and fancy hairstylists that primp them everyday. I feel signing a few autographs would be a piece of cake for them and a way to show they appreciate their million dollar estates they have. But hey, what do I know, I am just a simple girl from the suburbs that appreciates everyone and everything she has!!!

15. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    Yeah, but for every Anthony Daniels there is a Ray Park, David Prowse, Jay Laga'aia, Daniel Logan, Garrick Hagon, Michael Sheard and on and on and on--people that I have always seen to be kind, appreciative and grateful to the fans (no matter how they may be feeling on any given day). Most of 'em are a good and kind group so don't let one bad apple spoil the bunch. You never know, Daniels might be very nice and considerate to you ;)

16. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    I know he was at C3 and may not be a very hard guest to obtain an autograph from, but I am really looking forward to meeting Ray Park. I did not get to meet him at C3, and Darth Maul is one of my favorite SW characters (hence the Maul avatar :) ). Behind Fisher and Daniels, he is currently the actor that I am most excited about getting a chance to meet face to face.

17. Amidala081499

Sep 13, 2003
    Justin, he is one of the nicest celebs I ever met. He even gets out of his chair to pose for pictures and talks to you like he has known you for years. A CLASS ACT GUY, and he is sexy too, but you being a married man prolly dont care about that...lol.

I found Jeremy Bulloche and Tem Morrison to be great as well. They even posed for my video cam, it was a hilarious take. Tem did his body builder impression, hilarious!!!

18. bonzofett

bonzofett Jedi Master star 1

Mar 10, 2005
    Jeremy Bulloch is one of the nicer ones too. He is always willing to talk to fans, just like Ray. Also, the one thing that I really liked about Kenny Baker is that he really takes his time signing his name too.

Although the guys listed above are the Star Wars celebs that you see at a lot of the cons, it's nice to know that your actually getting more than a signature for your $20 - which is more than you can say for a some of the bigger names who don't really need the money anyway.

19. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    I met Ray again over the weekend at WonderCon and I gave him a SF Fan Force shirt. The next day, I asked him to sign my Sideshow 12" Maul, and he told his manager, "it's on the house". Cool! We then spoke briefly about Bruce Lee, among other things. As for Jeremy and Temuera, yes, there are really nice and really fun. For example, at ComicCon last year, OPix was right next to the Master Replicas booth. It gave me an idea for this pic, for which Tem was all for:

[image=http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e385/JedHead1/DSCN3366.jpg]

20. miarama

miarama Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2006
    Hopefully he'll be considerate at CIV, like he was at CI:

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v172/JoeRhyno/Star%20Wars/3P0.jpg]
    (A photo of Daniels taken outside of the airplane hangar that was CI, and signed at a Comic Con a year later.)

21. pwinklespi

pwinklespi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 30, 2004
    My wife and I met Ray 2 weeks ago at NY Comic Con. h was really nice. He gave me a signed maul pic and gave my wife a free headshot. we were telling him how she always hated the Maul costume, but when I showed her what Ray actually looked like, she changed her tune about being a Darth Maul fan. :)

22. HoraceAustin

HoraceAustin Jedi Youngling

Sep 12, 2006
    What are the odds Harrison Ford shows up at this thing?

When was the last time he made a con appearance?

23. niennumb1

niennumb1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 10, 2001
    I really hope I get to see Mark Hamill there. I grew up watching him on the big screen and my favorite character was always Luke. What an honor it would be to meet the man. Though it probably won't happen I hope Hayden will be there, but not holding my breath. Unlike a lot of people I really loved his portrayal of Anakin in Episode III. Heck the whole event would be fun to just get out there and meet a bunch of them. I got my Anthony Daniels coupon and plan to get Carrie Fisher as well even though I already own her auto, never met her in person.

I'm getting excited!!!! Never been to ANY of the Celebrations!

24. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Umm, zero odds.

And zero past SW convention appearances.

25. niennumb1

niennumb1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 10, 2001
    During the autograph part are most of the celebrities okay with taking a photo with them? Do they really say, "No way"? or are they all generally nice about it. I'd love to get a pic with Ray Park, Carrie Fisher & Anthony Daniels. If we've already paid the bucks to get the autograph I would hope they would... Anyway I've never been to one of these so I dunno how they are with that stuff...

Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.