main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Autographs

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by wookiesrus, Oct 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grumpy_Jedi

Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2006
    Well someone wise once told me not to go to the con if I was unhappy with it. I say the same thing to these over priced actors.... if you don't like you're fans and don't enjoy the inneraction at a convention, then don't go!!

2. pwinklespi

pwinklespi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 30, 2004
    Man, you were right Grump. As we get closer to the con, the weirdos start coming out of the woodwork.

3. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    People are allowed to post here with their opinions, just as you are. Please don't start with the name-calling. That's not needed, is it?

4. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    I know that we are all excited about the actors from Star Wars being there, but has anyone really thought about what other actors may show up because they like Star Wars.

I read once that Kelsey Grammer is a huge Star Wars fan. Would'nt it be cool if someone like that would just show up at the con. I mean we are just miles away from where all the big time stars live, dont ya think they may want to check it out.

Maybe I am just wierd, but I think it would be fun to me all kinds of celebs, but the Star Wars ones are my number one priority, obviuosly!!![/b
    ]

[face_monkey]

5. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    [face_laugh] LOL - yeah what I wouldn't give to see Governor Auhhhnuld show up at CIV in his Hummer wearing a Fett costume.

6. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    I bumped into Alice Cooper and his son at CI! I'm sure being in LA we'll probably see some celebrity fans down there. :)

7. Wilderness_Comedian

Wilderness_Comedian Jedi Youngling star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Last time at C III, my friend and I walked past all the G4 show host people.

8. bonzofett

bonzofett Jedi Master star 1

Mar 10, 2005
    It's now official - Tem Morrison will be there - and he's great in person too!

9. jedigirl0

jedigirl0 Jedi Youngling

Mar 9, 2007
    Thats great news and I would like to see more AOTC guests too.

10. pwinklespi

Mar 30, 2004
    A couple of questions about autographs for everyone.

What do you do with your autographs?

What is the most you've spent?

What is the most you will spend?

What is your most desired autograph?

I was thinking today about how Harrison Ford signed for Master Replicas Millenium Falcon release and he also did a very limited signing of 50 different Star Wars and Indiana Jones Posters. They ranged from $550-$880.

I started thinking about completing my Star Wars auto collection and then reality hit me. I am going to spend a fortune finding a Harrison Ford, George Lucas, Alec Guiness autos. It's ink on paper. I have bills to pay. HAHAHA! Why would I waste so much money just for a piece of paper with ink on it. Because Harrison Ford touched it?

Now don't get me wrong. I have a lot of autos that I paid for. Sammy Jackson was $129.00 with shipping. Christopher Lee was around $110.00. Mark Hammill, 2 Carrie Fishers and a Jeremy Bulloch were like $450.000 combined. I have a ton more. I love them and think they look good, but they get old. I walk downstairs on my way to do the laundry, look at them and go back upstairs. That's it. People come over, look at them, and that's it. As you can see I am getting bored with the whole autograph craze. So what do you like about them?

This should keep us busy until the next round of guests are announced. By then we should find out if the guy who kept getting Hayden Christiansen water during Episode II will be there signing. HAHA!

11. Eledaia

Eledaia Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2004
    I'm actually collecting all my autographs on one t-shirt, and then I'll have it framed. I'm also wanting to get a Carrie fisher autograph on the silk skirt of my metal bikini. It shall be an heirloom to my children. That is pretty much what I plan to do with this stuff. Pass on the fandom, teach your children well...

Of course, the most desired autos for me would be the big three, Ford, Fisher and Hamill. And then I'll just search ebay for years to find a Guiness, oh and I would kill for a Jame Earl Jones!!

I don't know how much I've spent, but I have Baker, Bulloch, Mayhew and Prowse on the t-shirt and then photos of Paul Blake as Greedo, and Femi Taylor as Oola. I got the photos because I love to do the greedo dialog in the cantina and my sister likes Oola..

I'm also looking forward to getting Ray Park and Anthony Daniels this time!

12. pwinklespi

Mar 30, 2004
    I just got Ray Parks at the NY comic con. He gave my wife a free signed headshot. She loves him. She hates Darth Maul. She never liked the costume. It scared her. When I revealed what Mr. Park really looked like, she started to change her tune.

13. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    We like to get autographs as a memento of actually meeting the people. I prefer getting cards signed (like the old Decipher CCG cards) while my wife likes to get carded figures signed. We have them displayed in our SW room. All told, we have probably spent about on $300 on autos but its a pretty good collection so far. We don't have the biggest names like Fisher, Hamill, etc., but we do have Prowse, Mayhew, Park, etc. We're looking forward to Carrie Fisher (and any other big names to be added) and looking to fill out some of the other names we have somehow missed (like Kenny Baker).

Since none of the exclusives have really caught our eye we will likely be willing to spend more on autographs. Depending on the person we'd go up to $100 or so.

14. Bib_Un-Fortuna

Bib_Un-Fortuna Jedi Youngling

Jan 14, 2004
    Hello all - I am a die hard Star Wars fan and I casual board member. I am looking for an honest person who is attending C4 to help me acquire a few autographs. I would love to go (I attended C2 in Indy) but I am getting married later this year and simply cannot afford it. I was looking at a couple of websites offering this service, but they were way too expensive and unwilling to take personal items to the "guests of honor."

I collect autographed action figures - my Star Wars collection includes 41 actors/actresses and 65 autographs. If someone is willing to help me, I will pre-order the coupons, ship my figures to you, and provide enough extra money to return them to me in Long Island, NY. No personalization is needed, and as of right now I only need about 8 or 9 autos.

And as a small extra thank you, I will get whomever helps me an autographed photo of one of these people whom I am seeing at a local con this weekend (I know they're not SW, but its who they got):

Jamie Bamber - Apollo on Battlestar Galactica
    Denise Crosby - Tasha Yar/Sela - ST:TNG
    Dean Haglund - Langly from The X-Files

Anyone who can help me, please email me asap.

15. Wilderness_Comedian

Feb 5, 2005
    Wattographs.com currently has a promotion where they will take your signed itmes to C IV. You can also order CIV autos from them, and they will pick up the autos for you at the con and ship them back to you. They are a very reliable website.

16. Bib_Un-Fortuna

Bib_Un-Fortuna Jedi Youngling

Jan 14, 2004
    Yeah, but they won't take personal items to Daniels, and he is one of the autos I am searching for.

17. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    I agree - collecting autographs is a great way to remember meeting the actor/actress in person. I'm not one for purchasing signed pics without seeing the person actually sign the pic in front of me. I know OPX is a legitimate authorized seller of SW autographed prints, but there is just something special about having the actor/actress sign the pic in front of you, especially if it is personalized with your name on it. I feel the same way with sports athletes as well.

I store my autographs in the OPX autograph binder that they are currently selling on their website. I'd like to frame them and display them on my walls in my SW room, but they are already covered with various SW posters and art pieces.

The most I would spend on a autograph would probably be in the $50-$75 range. It would seriously depend on the signer (obviously I'd pay more for a Ford, Hamill, McGregor, Christensen, Portman, etc. autograph).

My most desired autograph is defnitely Ford's, but in a more "attainable" sense, I am really looking forward to getting Fisher, Park, and Daniel's autograph (based on who has already been confirmed for CIV).

18. bonzofett

bonzofett Jedi Master star 1

Mar 10, 2005
    As it has been almost a month since the last autograph update from OP, I think we can assume that the guest list for the most part complete. While it is better than what we had a C3, I think that it is a little disappointing compared to past Celebrations.

It is great that Carrie Fisher and Anthony Daniels will be signing as that will be the autograph highlight for me, but it is a little sad to know that there isn't anyone new who will be showing up.

Oh, and Bruce Spence (Tion Medon) and Lighting Bear (Biker Scout Trooper #798) don't count as "new" guests either.

19. Wilderness_Comedian

Feb 5, 2005
    I think C III was cool. Matt Wood and Billy Dee! Cool. It is sweet Anthony Daniels is coming to C IV, though.

20. CambridgeDan

CambridgeDan Jedi Youngling

Sep 16, 2006
    Yes Im actually quite disappointed. I thought I saw something a little while ago on the gencon or OP site that specifically said the guestlist will be the biggest ever with new first-time signers. I emailed Official Pix a couple of months ago asking if the first time signers would be first time ever or just first time in USA (either would be great!) and never got a reply.

Anyone got anything from OP with regards to first timers being invited?

21. CarolynNC

CarolynNC Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2002
    There is still time for them to announce other guests. I predict this is not all.

22. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    I would agree. I think there are still some big names coming but they are just building the suspense. ;)

23. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    Dont worry, names will come. Yes, they are building the suspense, just hang onto your lightsabers!!!

24. CambridgeDan

CambridgeDan Jedi Youngling

Sep 16, 2006
    Ok ok i'll try and relax! :) phew

25. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Oh I definitely think there are more guests left to be announced. With just under 2 months left to go, we could still be in for some real surprises from OPX. Ben Stevens won't let us down. ;)

Better have your fresh supply of Sharpie markers ready...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.