main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Autographs

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by wookiesrus, Oct 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CambridgeDan

CambridgeDan Jedi Youngling

Sep 16, 2006
    I agree with this post entirely, I have never seen the point of buying an item off any reseller or (gulp) off the bay, it seems a little bit of an empty feeling and a hobby should mean something. Meeting the actor in person is the way to go, a nice souvenir of the day. Thats why I hope this CIV wont be a letdown, now it just needs some rare names and itll be fine im sure.

2. Sean_Walsh

Sean_Walsh Jedi Master star 1

Jan 2, 2002
    You sure you wanna say that about Bruce Spence? He's got the SW, LOTR and Mad Max connections. There was a lot of hullabaloo, especially in some movie circles, about him being in ROTS. And I don't think he's really a convention regular by any means (unlike Prowse, Mayhew and Bulloch).

I'm sure there will be more. Seeing the bit about OP saying there were gonna be a LOT of first-time signers makes me confident there will be more. As a C2 and C3 (and other autograph shows) veteran, the list as it is doesn't impress me much; which stinks since autograph areas are a big part of any convention I go to.

But like others have said, Official Pix won't disappoint. Heck, I got personalized Christopher Lee and Sam Jackson autographs thru them -- who'da thunk it possible?!?! :D

3. JBRO13

JBRO13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 29, 2003
    This has probably already been addressed but do you have to buy a ticket to get something signed? I mean, obviously you need a pass to get into the Convention but from what I've learned at sports trade shows, usually they charge you to get in line to get an autograph.

Has this been the protocol at past Celebrations?

4. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    You have to buy autograph coupons to get an autograph. And unless you bring something to have signed, photographs for signature will be $5.00 each. See this link Official Pix for more details, or visit the OfficialPix thread on this board.

5. Sean_Walsh

Sean_Walsh Jedi Master star 1

Jan 2, 2002
    That's just Bizarro wacky. Normally people charge extra for "your own item" and the 8x10 is free. 8-}

6. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    The 5$ is for the "special" Celebration photo with the logo ect. Regular 8X10's are included in the cost.

7. CarolynNC

CarolynNC Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2002
    I don't think there are any photos included in the price. There weren't any free ones at C3 and I don't see mention of free ones at C4. I believe you bring your own item or purchase a photo.

8. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Carolyn is correct. Here is a quote from the OfficialPix website, in the portion pertaining to buying autograph coupons:

"Autograph coupon does not include a photo which will be sold separately."

9. Danpa_Wamem

Danpa_Wamem Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2005
    Just curious (since I couldn't find any info about it on official pixs site), at CIV, do you think official pixs will sell C4 embossed photos pre-autographed ahead of time? My brother-in-law wants one of the autographs but he doesn't want to stand in line to meet/greet, etc.

10. Wilderness_Comedian

Wilderness_Comedian Jedi Youngling star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Yes! They have presigned photos for sell every day.

11. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Hmmm - from the OP site:

Program Highlights: You must purchase $10.00 coupons to exchange for autographs on your personal items or on one of our photos. Limited edition 8" x 10" photos with the Celebration IV logo will be available for purchase at $5.00 each as part of the autograph program.

I still think the extra 5$ is only for the LE pics....

12. Fistofury

Fistofury Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2002
    This doesn't look good:

Please be aware that due to work and other time constraints, Mark is no longer signing autographs.

At this time, due to work and time constraints, Mark will not be appearing at Celebration IV or at Celebration Europe

I got it off of the Mark Hamill Fan club site:
    http://www.markhamill.com/frames.htm

13. han-shot-first

han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda star 4 VIP

May 6, 2006
    I know this may seem redundant but I have to ask this as i've looked on the officialix site as well as on here and can't find the answer.

my question is this: being that i've already got my autograph coupons for all the stuff I want to get signed and by who, do the coupons also PAY FOR the picture or do I pay cash at the table where i'm getting the autograph from?

example: i've got a carrie fisher coupon. I know this covers the autograph only, but I want a picture that I know I have to pay for at her table as well. do I pay the $5 there cash or do I have to use a coupon even though they're in $10 denominations?

I hope that made sense. :confused:

14. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    There will be a separate area for picture sales, you will not do this at the table. The coupon you purchased is only for the autograph itself. The pictures cost $5 and they will be offered at the convention, unless you birng something to be signed, then you will not need the photo.

As for the Mark Hamill comment...I would not be so sure of that site. It is a fan-run site and they are probably overloaded with questions about his possible appearance at C4. Just take a breath and wait...things will surprise you!!!

15. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    NEW NAMES ANNOUNCED BY OFFICIAL PIX:

OPX have updated their site with 12 new celebrities to be available at Celebratrion IV for autographs!

Amy Allen: Aayla Secura
    Jerome Blake: Rune Haako, Mas Amedda, Orn Free Taa, Oppo Rancisis
    Collin Higgins: X-wing pilot
    Alan Ruscoe: Plo Kloon, Daultay Dofine, Bib Fortuna
    Matthew Wood: Bib Fortuna, voice of General Grievous
    Mike Kingma: Tarfful
    Dermot Crowley: General Crix Madine
    Grey Delisle: Voices in the Clone Wars cartoon series, including Asajj Ventress
    Kevin Thompson: Ewok
    Debbie Carrington: Ewok
    Felix Sillia: Ewok
    Margo Schellhorn: Ewok

Finally, we are getting somewhere...but lets see the big names!!!

16. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    For me, Matthew Wood is by far the biggest of the new guests, followed by Amy Allen and Mike Kingma.

The rest I can do without. I'll pass on Colin "That's impossible, even for a computer" Higgins. o_O

17. Grumpy_Jedi

Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2006
    Just saw that final list of celebs.... HAHAHA!!! It's a great event if you want to get your Ewok signatures. Too funny.

18. pwinklespi

pwinklespi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 30, 2004
    Unbelievable. Unbelievable.

You know, I realize that sometimes I might sound negative about announcements. I really try not too, but come on. The Ewoks? The freaking Ewoks? So far, as it stands everyone will have one less person standing in line. I honestly have no intentions of entering Autograph hall. I have most of the bigger named autos already. Anyone else I can buy at the autograph store.

If the figure is something stupid, I'm cancelling my trip and going to Mexico with my wife for 6 days.

19. Grumpy_Jedi

Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2006
    Well like someone said before, (think it was Val) some people are completest. So, if getting the 3rd A-wing pilots sig a big deal, go for it. HAHAHA... I'm still cracking up.

20. CarolynNC

Mar 29, 2002
    FYI - If you're going to cancel the deadline for badge refund is noon PST today! :)

I know the Ewoks aren't for everybody but I've read posts around the SW forums where there are people excited for new signers. There has to be balance in any large con. There isn't any way to plan things that everybody wants. You pick what interests you and skip the rest.

21. pwinklespi

Mar 30, 2004
    I think the store and the main exhibit hall will interest me most. I like seeign everyone dressed up. I like seeing the new Sideshow, Master Replicas and Gentel Giant stuff on display. They also had a huge lego Republic Cruiser at CIII. There are certain things I will want to see. I know some people are excited to get new signers. I guess my point is that they could have reached a little higher.

22. yoda_pimp

yoda_pimp Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 18, 2002
    Oh, hurray! The Ewok who cries when another dies, the hang gliding ewok, and the ewok stuntman, could this get any better? (sarcasm drips like crazy on to the keyboard) I will add General Madine and Matt Wood to the list. Kingma, Allen, and Ruscoe are a maybe (since Allen and Ruscoe sign everywhere). If they have more then one Clone Wars voice actor, then I might consider getting a CW poster and having it signed by a few of them. Other then that, another underwhelming OP announcment.

23. pwinklespi

Mar 30, 2004
    Just glad I'm not alone. :)

24. CarolynNC

Mar 29, 2002
    I too like seeing everybody dressed up. I'm amazed at some of the work that went into the costumes. I also love checking out the latest lego creations. I have a friend that buys lego parts at yard sales & ebay so he can build massive sculptures like the ones we see at Celebrations. I'm not an autograph collector so maybe that's why this doesn't bother me as much. If I had a personal interest I might be more insulted. Just be careful you don't convince yourself you're going to have a miserable time because if that happens, you will.

25. Danpa_Wamem

Danpa_Wamem Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2005
    Wilderness_Comedian,
    Thanks for the info...

I'm assuming the price would be the same as standing in line for an autograph (Carrie Fisher = $40, auto + photo)?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.