main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO [Avalanche Studios] Mad Max

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by The Loyal Imperial, Apr 23, 2015.

1. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007

From the developers of Just Cause. Suddenly, this looks a lot more appealing than it did before.

Vib3s likes this.
  2. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    I'm in. Looks like a hoot, and a more engaging change of pace than most dystopic games.

3. Bennihana

Bennihana Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 22, 2014
    The combat is really giving me a Shadow of Mordor/Arkham Asylum vibe, and that's a good thing.

4. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
  5. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Thanks, that reads as a quite level-headed assessment.

Also got info on Elder Scrolls Online which sounds like a mess.

6. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    Apparently based on what I've heard from hands on previews, the car combat is pretty great and the on-foot stuff is pretty weak. I'm still optimistic though.

7. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    Due in two days and I can't find any reviews online for it.

Anyone taking a punt? or found a review?

It looks good but looks can be deceiving.

8. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    Reviews are making the rounds now. The consensus seems to be that it's okay.

9. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I haven't seen the film but I'm really enjoying it so far. I'm still in the starting area and I'm still unlocking things, but what I have unlocked is fun. I like that resources are scarce, there's not a lot of food or water, I haven't gone above five shotgun shells, and the car has a fuel guage that goes down. Fuel consumption isn't too bad so far, apart from the mission where it's introduced where it's 'you have have a full tank, go here, and now you're empty even though you could've walked there in a few minutes'. I'm waiting for it to update right now but I'll keep playing until it's 100% complete.

10. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    Do not buy this game.

I've only had experience on the Xbox One version, so I'm not sure if what I'm about to talk about applies to other platforms. Most of the time, when you die in Mad Max, the game freezes when it tries to reload (maybe six or seven times out of ten, in my experience). When you exit the game and restart, it gets stuck verifying your save game files at the main menu. In order to get it to work again, you have to unplug your console and plug it back in, restarting it that way. One time I did this and lost about forty-five minutes worth of progress. Daunting, but I figured it was a one-time thing so I made it back up. Just now, it happened again, and I lost about two hours of tedious side-mission progress.

Which is absolutely heartbreaking, because the game is actually pretty fun. But how can I be expected to continue when there's a possibility that everything I'm doing could be erased? The game's been out for two and a half weeks, and still there's been no patch. This is inexcusable, and after having similar issues with Mortal Kombat X and glitched achievements, I can't say I'll ever buy a WB published game again. A shame.