main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Avatar] Avatar: Of Fire and Lightning - Chapter 2 is up!

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Lord Vivec, Aug 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Title: Avatar: Of Fire and Lightning
    Author: Lord_Vivec
    Fandom: Avatar: The Last Airbender
    Genre: Action; Humor; slight Romance
    Note: Avatar was created by Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko, who are the most awesome people in the world.
    Note #2: This story takes place approx. 600 years before the events of Avatar: The Last Airbender. It deals with the unnamed Fire Avatar, mentioned to Aang by Ruko, who came before Avatar Yangchen.

[image=http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q191/Darth_Verrick/Avatar/Fireavatar2.png]

Summary: 600 years before Avatar: The Last Airbender, the Fire Nation is in turmoil. Still recovering after barely winning a gruesome war against the expansionist Ice Kingdom, the Firelord has a new problem: Lightning Benders. Three provinces with a large population of Lightning Benders in the Western part of the Fire Nation want their independence and are willing to fight for it. But will the Fire Council grant them their independence, or will the young Avatar Kaji have to intervene and fight the most powerful Lightning Bender of all time...

PM LIST:
    Miana Kenobi
    blubeast
    NYCityGurl
    Nick
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________

Book 1: Fire
    Prologue

Outside the Fire Nation Palace

The road outside the palace was quiet. That was perfectly fine to the man who was walking slowly towards the palace gate. His bright blue armor shone in the sun. He had two swords crisscrossed on his back. Each hilt had an ornate design of a lightning bolt. His long black hair blew in the wind, showing his white eyes. His gait was of confidence. He knew his mission and he was confident.

Inazuma was only twenty-five years old, but he was already the best Lightning Bender in the Eastern Provinces. He, like many other Fire Benders, learned at an early age that they had a greater affinity for lightning rather than fire. He studied under the great Lightning Teacher Rozak, who's age prevented him from being as agile as he once was.

A few months earlier, Inazuma had been approached by the representatives of the three secessionist provinces. They had asked him to lead their Lightning Benders in case military action was needed. Inazuma enthusiastically agreed, wanting a chance to test his prowess. He had eagerly awaited to see what the Firelord's move would be.

Inazuma continued to walk slowly towards the palace. He had a mission to complete. This "mission" wasn't exactly sanctioned by the council, but he knew he had to do it. Otherwise, the three Lightning Provinces' cause would be lost.

Two guards were standing outside the gates. Inazuma walked calmly towards them.

"Stop!" Yelled the first one. "What is you business."

"I have come to visit Firelord Serazo." Inazuma replied calmly.

The guards looked at each other, not sure what to say.

"Eh...You can't just come in and see the firelord-"

"Oh! Okay then." Inazuma interrupted. Instead, Inazuma grabbed both swords from behind his back, one in each hand.

The guards grabbed their spears. Inazuma smiled. Lightning started to engulf each sword, making cracking noises.

"What the-"

Inazuma struck each guard at the same time. He had moved so fast that they didn't even have time to react. Lightning engulfed their bodies from the wound and they fell, lifeless.

Four other guards, two of them Fire Benders, head the commotion and came out to see what had happened. The Fire Benders immediately attacked, but Inazuma was as fast as lightning, striking each bender and the subsequent guards without much rebuttal.

With all the guards dead, Inazuma jumped over the gates and ran inside the palace, sword in each hand. At least the guards weren't too much of a hassle, he thought. Just then, four Fire Benders jumped in his way. Somehow, word of his...intrusion had reached the inside.

Inazuma grimaced. These guards were wearing different armor. They must have been the elites...

The first guard shot a powerful blaz

2. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Ooooh, I like! Great start, and I can't wait to read more!

3. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    Thanks, Miana Kenobi!

I'll have Chapter one up sometime, maybe this weekend. I'm gonna follow the book/chapter format that the show was done in.

4. blubeast1237

blubeast1237 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 10, 2007
    This is good. A nice quick fight, though Inazuma is a bit reckless.

This should lead to his death. And I shall watch with amusement.:p

PMs please.

-B-

5. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    Thanks blu!

PM List:
    Miana Kenobi
    blubeast

6. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Great start!!

7. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    Chapter 1: Fallout

Shu Jing, 6 Months Later

Kaji sat at the ornate wooden table, waiting for his father to come home. The weather was quite pleasant, he had thought to himself. He turned around to look at his family. His mother was sitting outside in the shade eating fruits. His younger brother had just come home from the Fire Nation School and was working on his homework. His father was still at work. Kaji smiled. Today was quite peaceful. So far. His older sister wasn't here. She was off working on the other side of the continent.

He looked in the mirror that hung on the opposite side of the room. At eighteen, he didn't look too bad. His hair was a little long, but it fell properly. His golden eyes would always shine with the sun. He was on the taller side, something that his mother would always complain about.

Being the Avatar was something that he didn't think about too often. The Fire Sages had come for on when he was sixteen, revealing to him and his family that he was the Avatar. He had spent the next two years learning advanced Fire Bending and learning basic Air Bending, Water Bending and Earth Bending. He had gotten to travel the world. He had been to the Air Temples. He had studied under a Water Bending master in the Northern Water Tribe and had several Earth Bending teachers in the Earth Kingdom. His last Earth Bending teacher was the one he liked the most. She was only a few years older than him, and they had gotten along very well. She had said that if he ever came to live in the Earth Kingdom, he could live with her. One day, he might take her up on that offer.

Kaji had returned from the Earth Kingdom only a week earlier, but hadn't gotten to see his father because he had been whisked away to the Capital to give input on the Secessionist Provinces. One thing he hadn't gotten used to was that he was being asked for advice on difficult matters. Being the Avatar meant that one had to be wise. But Kaji was only eighteen years old.

The front door opened slowly and then slammed shut. That brought him out of his thoughts. His father was home. He heard stomping until his father entered the eating room with Kaji's mother behind him. Kaji looked up to see his father's angry face. Kaji winced. His father had been angry ever since the Fire Sages came. His father was a captain in the Fire Nation Army and a veteran of the Fire and Ice War. He was a very nationalistic person who had wanted his son to grow up and serve in the Fire Nation Army, just like he did. Instead, his son was the Avatar. Now most parents would be ecstatic about it, like his mother was. But his father was of the mind of "Fire Nation First," and being the Avatar meant "Fire Nation Second." This was something that he wouldn't stand.

"I heard you had an appointment with the Fire Nation Council." His father said slowly.

"Correct. It was about the Lightning Provinces." Kaji replied evenly.

"And I heard you had said they should be their own country if they wanted." His father said, barely able to contain his anger.

"Yes. If the Lightning Benders in those provinces identify with themselves better than with Fire Benders, than they should have their own country." Kaji replied.

"I can't believe this," his father said, "My own son, siding with the Lightning Benders over his home country."

"I meditated on this and consulted-"

"You meditated! And what moronic part of you thought that the Lightning Benders were right?"

"They were right." Kaji responded.

"How dare you spout that in my house! You're a Fire Bender!"

"I'm the Avatar."

"There we go with that Avatar nonsense again."

Kaji was getting sick and tired of his father's ignorance and nationalism. He turned to look at his mother's face. She was crying. His younger brother was listening in from outside the room. Kaji stood up and started to walk out of the house.

"I'm leaving." he said. "If my own father isn't smart enough to understand me, then I don't need to stay here."

"You sit back down!" His father yelled.

"No." Kaji said f

8. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Oooh. I like Kaji already.

Interesting take on the different Avatar states! I didn't even think about that. Nicely done!

Can't wait for more!

9. blubeast1237

blubeast1237 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 10, 2007
    Ah. Good update.

Silly Kaji, you will learn the hard way.[face_laugh]

-B-

10. NickLitYouAFlame

NickLitYouAFlame Jedi Master star 5

Feb 27, 2007
    I like Kaji, a lot. Thank you for suggesting this. It was a good read. PM when you update, again, please.

11. SuperSaiyaMan12

SuperSaiyaMan12 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    Could we have the background on the Ice Nation? I thought Four Nations (Earth Water Air Fire) were the only that ever existed in Avatar, other than the Sun Warriors which were the Fire Nation's predecessors.

12. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    Thanks for the comments guys! I'll probably have Chapter 2 up on Sunday or Monday.

Oh don't worry. The Ice Kingdom plays a big role and you'll find out a lot about the history of the Ice Kingdom and the Frost Monarch (it's leader) in Book 2. Basically the Southern Water Tribe came in control of a new chief 20 years back and broke away from the Northern Water tribe after defeating them in a war. Then the new chief became the Frost Monarch and created the Ice Kingdom, which is probably the most power nation during this time period.

13. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    Chapter 2: Necroz

Sin Tu City

Inazuma was very curious about Kiran. Kiran had shorter hair than most people, but it didn't diminish his look like it did to most people of power. Oh, Kiran was powerful. Inazuma knew this much. But was Kiran a better leader than Councilor Hazo? Hazo had lead the Lightning Provinces' operations since the very beginning. He wondered if Kiran would be as effective a leader as Hazo was.

Inazuma studied Kiran closely. The man had short brown hair and no facial hair, making him look younger than he was. He had brown eyes while most Fire Benders had gold eyes. This man would certainly stand out in a crowd. His robes were simple, a mixture of blue and green, but there was something about that which bothered Inazuma. Kiran would be making himself a target by leading the Lightning Country. Why doesn't he wear armor?

"Are you ready for your first task, Inazuma?" The question snapped Inazuma from his thoughts.

"Yes." Inazuma replied.

"It has to do with Kaji, the Avatar. I would like his involvement in this...ended." Kiran said with that sly smile of his.

"But...why? The Avatar has been sympathetic to our cause. He's even present our case in front of the Council." Councilor Hazo seemed shocked.

"I agree with Councilor Hazo." Inazuma said, "He's been very helpful to us. Why would you want him gone?"

Kiran had a dark look about him. "There are things that we will be doing which the Avatar will not approve of. There are things I am willing to do which others wouldn't. Lines that others won't cross I will. The Avatar will try to stop us in the end, so we must make sure that doesn't happen."

Kiran paused. "Therefore, Inazuma, I want you to kill him."

It took a second for that last sentence to sink in.

"K-kill the Avatar? But won't he just be reborn?" Hazo asked with a quiver in his voice.

"Yes, he'll be reborn," Kiran answered, "But by the time the new Avatar would be old enough to become fully realized, there will be nothing he can do to stop us."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Outside Shu Jing

Kaji kept a quick pace. He wanted to make sure he reached his sister's house before nightfall. He had learned a trick during his Air Bending training which allowed him to walk run faster and lighten his load. Air Bending is quite useful, he thought to himself. He had used another Air Bending trick to sneak back into his parents house after the argument. Apparently, one could use the air to create a humming-like sound, distracting others. That?s how he went back and got his stuff.

Kaji signed. He really couldn?t believe this. Had the spirits teamed up against him and thought it would be hilarious if his father was the one who didn?t like him being the Avatar? Kaji was so much in his thoughts that he didn?t realize he was walking in the mud. After about ten minutes of walking in the mud, he looked down to see his muddy shoes. Great, he thought. He shook all his thoughts from his head. He took a deep breath and ran. Ran as fast as he could, using his Air Bending to improve his speed. He needed to make it to his sister?s house before nightfall, or else he?d have to spend the night on the road.

The next few hours passed uneventfully, with Kaji stopping only once for dinner. By the time Kaji reached Necroz, the city where his sister lived, it was already nightfall. That?s what you get for starting your journey in the afternoon, he thought to himself.

As he entered the city, he noticed one thing: The streets were deserted. Everyone was inside a building. Everyone. Kaji continued walking the streets. If he remembered correctly, his sister lived in the house with a statue of a giant dragon. He walked for a few more minutes until he came across the house. It was huge! He had forgotten how big his sister?s house was. Just looking at it brought back memories. Five years ago, when his parents? relationship was not going well, Sera, his sister,

14. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000

Good job. Glad to see Sera's protective of her little brother, though something's telling me that she's got something else in mind...

15. NickLitYouAFlame

NickLitYouAFlame Jedi Master star 5

Feb 27, 2007
    Inazuma is arrogant. I hope he takes a beating from Kaji.

16. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I hope Kaji wins!

17. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    Thanks for the comments, guys! I'm not sure when I'll have the next chapter up, but it'll probably be by the weekend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.