main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Avatar] Heartbeat - Neytiri/Jake oneshot - romance/humor

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by JediXManSerenaKenobi, Dec 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediXManSerenaKenobi

JediXManSerenaKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 27, 2007
    Heartbeat

By Serena

A/N: I was excited about Avatar ever since I heard about it, and when I saw the trailer, I was so psyched. I saw it only yesterday in 3D, and it was visually the most incredible movie I've seen, and one of the best all around. I love the relationship between Jake and Neytiri - just beautiful. I wanted to expand on that relationship with this oneshot, show more of Neytiri's conflicted emotions, relate more of the connection between them.

Disc: If I owned Avatar, I'd be watching it now.

Humans were such strange creatures.

Really. They rushed around with their strange, loud machines that destroyed my home. They were loud, harsh, and cold. I didn't like their eyes. So small and sightless. They didn't see anything. They weren't really looking. Only one of the humans, Grace, she was called, seemed interested in our world for what it was. But I soon learned that she wanted to study it, observe it. Even she did not truly understand.

Then, I met Jake Sully.

Our encounter was not the best of meetings, I will admit. But I was angry and defensive, and I would not let impostors take our home - not even the ones who looked like us. I would have shot him if it had not been for the seed of the sacred tree. I had wanted to kill him when I saw him foolishly attracting the predators of the night with fire. He didn't know. He didn't understand anything.

But I could not ignore the signs. He had been chosen. And then I was chosen to train him, to teach him of our ways. At first, I was furious - both with him and my mother. But I respected her, so I had to respect her decision.

It was humorous at first - he tried so hard. He looked ridiculous, but he tried. Quickly, I found my dislike turning into grudging respect for his determination and his strength. He had a strong heart, I had told him. I had been right. An even stronger heart than I'd thought. No matter how many times I growled at him, slapped him, or scoffed, he continued.

And day by day, he grew stronger, faster. But it was more than just a general understanding of our ways, our culture. I saw his eyes beginning to open. He was starting to see. He paid more attention to his surroundings, took more care with life than he had before. He became more gentle, more careful. A strong warrior on the outside and in, combined with a heart that wanted to learn.

Against my initial feelings, I found myself feeling more than respect for Jake. I respected my betrothed. But it was more with Jake. Much more.

We'd spent all day bounding through the trees, hunting and observing. I took Jake to see some of the deeper parts of my clan's forest, parts that included some of my favorite cliffs. These cliffs overlooked a smaller waterfall that plunged into a clear blue pool. I had never taken anyone else here before, but for some reason, I felt like sharing it with Jake. I felt like he needed to see it.

"Why won't you just tell me where we're going?" He shot me a look burning with curiosity. "Is this another test?" His eagerness made me smile.

"Quiet," I shushed him. "You will ruin it."

"Ruin what?"

I sighed shortly and lifted a large leaf out of the way. "We are almost there. Quiet." The one thing he needed to learn was patience. But I had to admire his enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

As we came to the pool, the trees cleared. I stepped out and let out a happy sigh as the thundering of the waterfall seeped into my ears, into my flesh and bones. Everything in this spot was so alive, so here. I glanced at Jake and smiled at his awestruck expression. "You must learn the value of patience, Jake," I said teasingly, hitting him upside his head as I brushed past him towards the waterfall.

"Wow," he exclaimed, hurrying to catch up with me. "This place is amazing."

I couldn't help but feel a burst of pride and pleasure at his words. I didn't reply but easily climbed up to the top of the waterfall. When I came to the edge, I sat down and crossed my legs over each other. When Jake sat beside me, I leaned forward and touched my

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    you know that I would love this! How could I not? Squee! I've read your Saga stuff-- great action and all, but you can write some stellar mush!!!!!!!!! Now I feel easier in ... begging for it LOL If you ever write in this Avatar verse again, please let me know. :D Mira_Jade is another one who did a viggie of Neytiri and Sully but from a different POV. :cool:

Huggles!!!!!!!!

3. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    That was so sweet! Great job! :D

4. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Well done! =D= I so enjoyed this! Excellent work!

I am 100% in agreement with you about the movie. It was spectacular! Breathtaking sceneries (that screamed black light hehehe) Man it was beautiful! And the critters were totally nifty! 6 legs or 4 arms/wings (somewhat)

If you write more, please PM me! @};-

5. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Very nice! I like how Neytiri is trying to rationalize her feelings, but can't help her heart.

I think this is becoming my favorite nonSW 'ship. They are just so darn right together!;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.