San Fran, CA Avatar (Not the Last Air Bender movie)

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Tenken, Oct 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harlock415 Jedi Master

star 4
    Even after seeing the extended Imax 3D preview, and being prepared to be floored by it, I was still floored. Camaeron's done something really special here and it's gonna be a game changer for the industry for sure. Definitelyworth seeing in IMax 3D.
  2. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    Yeah with an animated movie it's really hard to discern the 3Dness because characters are designed to look overly 3D on 2D and all and any added 3Dness is hard to tell. With Avatar the whole idea of depth and field is very cool and easy to see. I'm glad we got to see this on IMAX 3D.
  3. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    Vote for the sexiest blue woman:

http://io9.com/5431460/who-is-the-sexiest-blue-woman-in-the-universe

:D

4. Nebelwerfer Jedi Knight

star 3
    I do like star wars more than x-men... but mystique is the most sexiest blue women of all time... OF ALL TIME!
  5. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    Pfft! Smurfette of course! [face_laugh] :p ;)
  6. Nebelwerfer Jedi Knight

star 3
    I finally just saw it in IMAX. It was pretty breathtaking because of the eye candy. The picturesque landscapes were so colorful and unique. Not much to stimulate the higher levels of conscience when considering the story though. The plot seemed too much of a cliche, and borrowed from other movies; kinda like Pocahontas meets Dances with Wolves meets Ferngully: the Last Rainforest meets the Matrix with subtle contemporary political messages added to that.
    I will definetly go see it again while I still can in IMAX. A great movie to see. In my opinion the visual beauty more than make up for it's story's shortcomings. I give it 4/5 stars
  7. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    I personally like "the energy that flow between all living things" line and of course "Rogue One". ;)
  8. Nebelwerfer Jedi Knight

star 3
    Sigourney Weaver looks great at 60 years old.
  9. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    I liked the nods to Aliens too. ]-}
  10. Ms_Skywalker Force Ghost

star 3
    I just saw this movie and I'm totally in love with it! I didn't see it in IMAX though.
    Pandora reminded me of Kashyyk in SW3.
  11. Nebelwerfer Jedi Knight

star 3
    http://www.getthebigpicture.net/blog/2010/1/2/avatar-sex-scene-will-be-included-on-the-dvd.html

**giggles**

12. Ms_Skywalker Force Ghost

star 3
    That's freakin funny!

I would like to see it though!!!!:D
  13. Taeriel Force Ghost

star 5
    For those interested in the language from the movie, there is a website for it.

http://www.santacruzsentinel.com/ci_14352230?source=most_viewed

14. Harlock415 Jedi Master

star 4
    The Blu-ray came out today. There's been some grumblings about it being a bare bones release and lacking the promised extended scenes -- meaning that Fox will eventually later release a loaded version. However, the 50 Gig disc is completely devoted to the movie's picture and audio quality. It is one of the best looking Blu-ray's available now. This is the reason to own a Blu-ray player.
  15. AnasianSkywalker Force Ghost

star 3
    Cameron talks sequel:

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/blogs/popcornbiz/Here-Comes-Avatar-2-UNDERWATERTAR-91700039.html
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.