main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Avatar] "So I Shall Fall" Tsu'Tey, Neytiri/Sully vignette

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Mira_Jade , Dec 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    ?So I Shall Fall?

Genre: Drama, Romance
    Rating: PG
    Time Frame: Scene expansion
    Characters: Tsu'Tey, Neytiri/Sully

Summary: She watches the dreamwalker take flight for the first time with a smile that is not completely innocent, a tremble to her hands that is not completely platonic. You watch, and try to pass it off as a trick of your oversuspicious mind.

Notes: I just saw Avatar the other day for the first time, and was immediately swept away by the epic plot and the gorgeous graphics. My muse set pen to paper, and this is the first of her offerings . . . The scene with the banshee bonding was probably my favorite, hands down. (Well, one of them, at least.) And so, here it is from a slightly different point of view . . .

Um, there is an obvious SPOILER warning for this. If you don't want to know, don't read. :)

Disclaimer: Nothing is mine but for the words.

[i]?So I Shall Fall?
    by Mira-Jade[/i]

You watch her with a closer eye than most, tracing over her as she spends her days with the foreigner, teaching him your ways and giving him freely of her time and talents. As the days go on, the somewhat fumbling man starts the slow and painful process of growth until the opportunities to rile, and the occasions to taunt and barb becoming fewer and far between. As the man starts to grow, Neytiri's annoyance with him seems to falter, until soon you wouldn't hesitate to call her almost fond of him.

There is something inside of you that seethes as time goes by, something torrid and burning past the peace and tranquility that your whole world personifies. You do not care for it, and at the same time, you find yourself loathe to part from it.

When you gather the group of initiates for the yearly sojourn to Mons Veritatis you were dismayed, but not surprised, when Eytucan allowed Jake Sully to attempt the ritual. While a part of you was hopeful ? the bonding ritual could prove fatal to those who chose wrong, or did not have the strength of spirit to subdue their mount ? another part of you was uneasy. Neytiri was leaning close to Jake before you set out, no doubt giving him last minute instructions. There was a hope in her eyes over the fear that she no doubt held for his safety. It was a hope that you did not care for.

When you led the group of youths (and Jake) a little quicker than you normally would, taking the hardest path you could think of up through the mountains, a part of you (a part systematically ignored) that said that you were being petty. Another part simply said that you were trying to prove a point. This was not his world. And it would never be. It was yours ? a world that echoed under your feet and sang with the time of your blood pulsing in your veins. It was a song that you were fluent in, one which you did not appreciate this other man even attempting to hear . . .

When he made the journey unharmed ? breathing slightly faster than normal, only, and glaring fire and annoyance ? you pushed down a begrudging respect and set a scowl high on your lips.

When Neytiri stepped onto the clifftop, her Ikran flapping off to wait for her signal, you were careful to school the complete dislike from your voice as you said, ?The pleasure of going first shall go to you, Jake Sully.?

There was pique in the other man's gaze, but he did not argue. Neytiri was quick to show you her own displeasure, her eyes flashing in a warning before she followed Jake under the curtain of falling water to where the Ikran hordes were waiting, screaming their taunts to the skies above. Neytiri was muttering last minute instructions in a quick spill of verse. There was a tension to her words, to the set of her shoulders, and yet there was also a comfort to them as well. Her words soothed the edges of Jake's unease, slaying the tremor to his hands if not completely the hesitance to his step.

The sync that they showed with each other never failed to cause a dissatisfaction deep within you.

When Jake

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh Mira_Jade, the queen of many fandoms! I felt I was there with them, flying. :D You could write of dragonriders and I would feel I was reading of the legendary riders of Pern. :* :* :*

I am fascinated by this Avatar-verse and have you to thank for it. you capture the tone and essences of alien beings and make them ring with beauty and they strike an empathic chord always.

:) :)

[face_love]

3. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Ooh, I loved it! Nicely captured and well done!

4. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Oh I agree! Well done! You captured his feelings right on the nose!

Loved the movie myself. Saw it at the IMAX and man....! Totally breathtaking with all the 'black light' vegetation (well if there had been a black light it would even more amplify the beauty of the colors) So totally gonna see it again! :D

So did I hear you'll have more to write?? [face_batting]

5. Jedi-Ant

Jedi-Ant Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2007
    Ooh, I loved this!! :D =D= I only saw it in 2D - we don't have a 3D cinema in town :( - and thought it was fantastic! Sam Worthington is just gorgeous, but I forget all about him when we enter into the glorious and dangerous world of Pandora.

This piece works so well in second-person, particularly through Tsu'Tey, who was one of the more interesting characters. Though, I just love Neytiri, she was my favourite. [face_love]

Anyway, this scene extension is beautiful and fits to well with the movie! Brilliant job! =D=

Ant.

6. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Gorgeous. I love how the proud warrior Tsu-Tey recognizes how he has fallen from his status with Neytiri, and been replaced by the most inconceivable of men.

This was not his world. And it would never be. It was yours ? a world that echoed under your feet and sang with the time of your blood pulsing in your veins. It was a song that you were fluent in, one which you did not appreciate this other man even attempting to hear . . .

Jake must have seemed like an ironic joke to Tsu'Tey, and then to realize that Neytiri loves him must have been devastating. You've captured this poignant moment, when Tsu'Tey has to reconcile how his world has changed - on so many levels.

=D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.