main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Avatar: The Last Airbender questions

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by HairyWookiee12, Dec 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HairyWookiee12

HairyWookiee12 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 22, 2009
    Why is it that Katara is a waterbender, even though none of her parents are? And if she is a waterbender why isn't Sokka?

EDIT- Please use the otehr Airbender thread

2. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    Why don't you ask in the existing AvatarTLA thread?

Here

3. HairyWookiee12

Nov 22, 2009
    Not exactly movie-wise...... More show-wise, don't get me started on the movie.

4. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    It covers both.
    And you wouldn't be the first I've heard.

5. HairyWookiee12

Nov 22, 2009
    lol, thanks.

6. kristy

kristy Jedi Youngling

Dec 9, 2010
    Avatar the last airbender is brilliant blockbuster animation show, I've ever enjoyed. It has been lot of time gonna with it's end, but i still like to enjoy it's episodes. I have also enjoyed it's all movies. but now i am excitedly waiting for it's new series, which has been announced by Nickelodeon just after premier the last airbender 3d movie. I wish it will be also amazing and well enjoyable.

7. MasterDillon

MasterDillon Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 28, 2010
    Alright being a huge Avatar fan and having seen evry episode plus the movie I'll explain. Waterbending is sorda like the Force where your born being a Waterbender, Airbender, Firebender and Earthbender. It is known for people who are born into a waterbending families to inherit the ability but some people like Fire Nation master swordsman Piandoa Sokka's master. He was born into a family of Firebenders but he did not inherit the ability instead he became a gifted swordsman. I hope this answers your question.

8. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    lol this thread is still open?

As to the OP's question I think the talent is inherited from their Grand parents/Parents? I dont remember exactly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.