main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion [Avatar: The Last Airbender] Who wants to go penguin sledding?

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Lord Vivec, Aug 12, 2008.

1. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    Do it! Do it NAO! :D To hell with Jane Austen. :p

2. mrjop2

mrjop2 Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 6, 2007
    Glad to see some new Avatar Fan Fiction popping up!

3. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    I must take that last comment back, because your Jane Austen DW fic is all kinds of awesome ( [:D]), but I'd still love to see an A:TLA/LOM crossover... [face_batting]

4. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002

Me too!! I love new Avatar stories :D

5. ms_makes-alot

ms_makes-alot Jedi Youngling

Apr 23, 2009
    Ok, this may be a crazy question...
    My friend went to Comic con this last July and picked up a bunch of posters for me and my kids that were from the Avatar Last Airbender booth and it has a drawing of the back of a water tribe girl and the title is "The Next Incarnation". Does anyone know about this? I do a search for this on the internet and all I get is a bunch of Hindi stuff about reincarnation.
    :oops:

6. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    I believe that refers to Korra, the Avatar that comes after Aang - she's from the Water Tribe, and the new TV series "Avatar: The Legend of Korra" (sequel to A:TLA) will centre around her. :)

7. ms_makes-alot

Apr 23, 2009
    NICE! Sounds awesome... Thanks!:D

8. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    yes, that is a new 12 episode miniseries which takes place about 75 years after the events of season 3 of Avatar: The Last Airbender. It is called the Legend of Korra and is schedule to air in November.

Korra is the new Avatar from the water tribe, and has learned all the elements except for one: air. She is mentored by the son of Aang and Katara. the premise is supposedly that a war between the benders and the non-bebders is threatening the peace.

For more details do a search for the Legend of Korra in Wikipedia.

Rumor has it: If the show becomes as popular as the original series, Nickalodian and the directors are more than willing to make this a full fledge television series with multiple seasons. Let's make it happen everyone!

9. ms_makes-alot

Apr 23, 2009
    My kids and I were (are) addicted to Last Air Bender... still love to watch the re-runs. We would love to see a spin off!

10. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    I think it looks awesome. The images of the show that I have seen make it look awesome. November can't get here fast enough!

The creators of the show say that it's going to be darker and more mature than the original series. If ATLA was Star Wars, this is going to be Empires Strikes Back.

At first, i was concerned about it only being a miniseries, I found out that ATLA was only scheduled to be 13 episodes. When the series took off, they extended it to three full seasons. I think they are preparing to do the same with this series if it does the same thing.

11. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    There's nothing wrong with a miniseries, either. The fewer amount of episodes should allow for tighter writing and less/no filler episodes, which would lend itself well to the show, especially since they're going for a darker slant this time. If the miniseries is a good show, then I would be thrilled to see it extended, provided that they can keep up the quality. :)

[face_laugh]

You're silly. :p

I might be able to do that crossover someday. Who knows? My Muse is totally insane right now and keeps bouncing around between fandoms. 8-}

12. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I love the comparison :D

I'm not totally sold on this show (Aang - and probably etc. - dead? :( I don't do future stuff very well, in any fandom) but I can't help being a bit excited for this, and I've switched from not wanting to see it to deciding to give it a shot :D

13. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    Well, obviously Aang would have to be dead - Korra is his reincarnation. :p But I hoped that at least a couple of the old Gaang could still be around - they're in their teens in A:TLA, and A:TLOK takes place 75 years after that, so it's not unlikely that some of them could live up to their 90. Especially Toph, since there's already a trend of powerful Earthbenders being long-lived (Kyoshi, Bumi). But since Korra already knows Earthbending, who knows - maybe Toph taught her and died not long before A:TLOK. And I would've loved to see a peacefully dying Firelord Zuko passing the throne to his son/daughter. :)

But I'm wondering whether the next coming of Sozin's Comet (which will be when Korra is in her 40's) will cause some mayhem in the Fire Nation... [face_thinking]

14. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Sorry, that was unclear 8-} I meant, Aang's dead, which makes me sad, and some or all of the others probably are too.

15. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    Yeah, unfortunately it has been confirmed by the show's producer that the rest of the Gaang are dead, too... :(

But there might be flashbacks! :)

16. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    They're ALL dead? :( I mean, that makes sense, but still :(

17. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    Yeah, I know... :( I kind of hope a little bit that it's only a ruse not to get the fans excited, and one or two of them might still be alive (Toph seems most likely, for reasons I mentioned above), kept as a surprise.

And of course, there's a very high probability that Aang will appear in spirit form to guide and advise Korra, much like Roku used to appear to Aang.

18. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    So we'll probably see Aang sporting a white stash!

19. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    The new images from the Legend of Korra are great! I am so excited about it!

I have a very strong suspicion that they will make the mini-series a full several season series because of two reasons

1. ATLA was originally planned for a 10 part mini series as well, but the show became such a hit, they extended it to a full 20 episode season, and then eventually they added two more season. It appears they are doing the exact same thing for this series.

2. Both Nickelodeon and the producers have gone on record in saying that they are more than willing to turn this into a full series with multiple series. I think they are just waiting to see if the series will become their number one animated series. I predict that when the show airs, each episode will start with a similar title screen as ATLA that says Book I Episode #. That will be the producers way of telling everyone that Korra will see more than 10 episodes if the ratings are good enough. I think the Producers are expecting to be picked up as a regular series.

20. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Korra's already gotten extended past the initial 12 episodes, so I have no doubt it will continue on for a few seasons. :)

21. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    Not surprised. I bet the the studio were shown the first couple episodes and became more confident in the series.

22. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    [image=http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110306232848/avatar/images/5/55/KorraFirstLook.jpg]

Loving this! :D

23. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Ooo, that looks very nice.

24. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    Nicktoons has just put up the teaser trailer for Avatar: The Legend of Korra, and it is going to be awesome. Though, I am concerned that this looks like it takes place in more modern times with automobiles and stuff.

The clip did show Appa flying around, so we might get flashbacks of Aang.

I can hardly wait!

25. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Do you have a link, by any chance? I'd love to see it!

Tha doesn't sound like as much fun, though :( Maybe it's kinda steampunk-y?