main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion [Avatar: The Last Airbender] Who wants to go penguin sledding?

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Lord Vivec, Aug 12, 2008.

1. mrjop2

mrjop2 Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 6, 2007
    Yeah, here's the link to the Legend of Korra Teaser Didn't know if I was allowed to post it or not.

From what I read, it looks like a villian is behind the uprise against benders, someone from the school of Ty Lee's chee blocking. Apparently Ty lee's chi blocking move leads into this hate against benders, that's my guess, because the villians in the movie all learned Chi blocking.

2. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Thanks!! I'll check it out :D As long as it's from an official source (which this is), yuo're good :)

3. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
  4. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    Legend of Korra

Here are 3 short clips for the upcoming The Legend of Korra series!

5. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    Well, the first season of Legend of Korra came and went during the move. It's definetly different from Avatar, but I love it! Even better, not only do we get a season 1 Book 2, but we're getting a full season 2. Can't wait to see where they go from here!

6. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Haha I wrote an inbetween fic about Bumi when we were two episodes in, and when I thought he was Amon. I'm torn between posting it here for the LOLz. :p

7. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    I don't see why not, just make a note to readers. I would jump at reading a Korra fan fic.

8. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Doooo iiitttttt.

I actually read that we're getting three new seasons ... so yay! Korra's good, but it can't beat the original for me.

9. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Yup, 3 more seasons, though I'm super worried about season 2. My biggest complaint is that Season 1 wrapped up too easily, and that's mostly because they didn't know they were getting a season 2. So now, they already have season 2 written and recorded, and THEN they found out they got seasons 3 & 4, so I'm terrified that Season 2 will have a tidy ending as well.

And haha peer pressure on posting the fic. :p

10. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    Actually, there's only going to be two seasons, but each season is going to have 2 books of 14 episodes each. The confusing part is is the different levels of productions are using different terms. Nickalodeon is calling it 2 seasons, while the producers are calling it 4 books of 14 chapters a piece, each telling a stand alone story. The second season is slated to start in 2013. I have no idea which terminology to use. I'll probably just call it 4 books instead of 2 seasons. I wish they'd get on the same book!

11. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    I'm calling it what Mike and Bryan called it when they told us at Comic-Con that "seasons 3 & 4 were announced.". :p

12. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] The only good kind of peer pressure--people encouraging you to share your awesomeness :p

Eh, I'll probably copy what everyone around me is doing to make myself easier to understand :p Though my inclination is to say four seasons, since it's being split into (presumably?) four years.

13. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    Yea, no idea what time fraim between books, all we know that each book is its own story-line. That probably means a new villian for each book. It's quite different from the original series, where they stretched the story out for all three seasons, but then again, Korra already knows all four elements. What can they possibly do now? Make her the first ever avatar to also aquire metal bending?

14. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Well next season/book has a lot to do with the spirit world.

15. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    With some new Avatar fics cropping up, I wanted to bump the thread :D What Avatar projects are people working on?

I'm three chapters into a long fic about Zuko's kids (one I started before Korra). It may or may not ever see the light of day, but I'm having fun with it :p

16. Blue Ice Cream

Blue Ice Cream Chosen One star 6

Aug 9, 2006
    I've been working on a Korra fic, but it needs a TON of polishing. :D Looking forward to the next season.

NYCitygurl: A fic about Zuko's kids... coolness. That's enough info to intrigue me. I hope it sees the light of day. :)

17. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Are you going to start posting it before season two? [face_batting]

I hope it does, too! :p I'd love to work on it this spring and maybe start posting it this summer, but I'm currently writing a big Star Trek story, so we'll see :p

18. Blue Ice Cream

Blue Ice Cream Chosen One star 6

Aug 9, 2006
    I doubt it'll be up before the next season. Like I said, it needs a TON of work. Also, I'm currently touching up some other stories. Working on too many projects at once is a real problem of mine. Anyway, I'm sure the Korra tale will show up eventually.

Hope you get to work on the Zuko story this spring. If it comes to fruition, I'll be reading. :)

19. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I know the feeling 8-} Well, I'm looking forward to it! And thanks :)

20. lazykbys_left

lazykbys_left Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 17, 2005
    I have a couple on the back burner since forever:

A sequel to A:TLA with the incredibly unoriginal title Book 4: Air in which I intend to bring back the Air Nomads.

A vig featuring a fifty- to sixty-year-old Toph vs a pro-bending team whose only purpose is to show how jaw-droppingly awesome she is.

And then there's the vig with Sozin and Roku that I'm writing for the Trope Challenge.

The Elements know when I'll actually get them posted, though. :D

NYCitygurl likes this.
  21. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Well, I hope the trope challenge one is soon :p And I'd like to read the others, too!