main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by leia_naberrie, Jul 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002
    Actually, the full title is: Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Legend of Korra but seriously? [face_hypnotized] :p

Anywhere, here's the first press release: New Avatar Animated Series Announced: The Legend of Korra.

It's been on the grapevine for months now and has finally been confirmed. What we know: Korra is the Avatar after Aang, a Waterbender from the Southern Water Tribe who has mastered the first three elements and is about to be trained by Aang's and Katara's son, an Airbender. The story takes place 70 years after the first series.

More news including a comment from Mike and Bryan where they carefully don't talk about how much they despise the racebending in the movie.

A link to the trailer released during Comic Con 2011 The video is hosted on io9.com.

EDIT- Redirecting to the existing thread

2. Chipster92

Chipster92 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 22, 2008
    Thank goodness! A new thread! I was getting tired of posting in that M. night Shyamalan thread whenever I wanted to talk about Avatar. So pretty much, I'm totally looking forward to the show and can't wait to see it.

3. Likewater

Likewater Jedi Master star 4

Dec 31, 2009
    Looks like Circa 1910-20's

previlant glass, mechanical clocks, mass air travel.

I am intrested, I always was but it looks more modern.

the setting is like early 1900 New York and early 1900 Tokyo had a bastard love child.

4. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
  5. CoolUsernameHere

CoolUsernameHere Jedi Youngling

Jul 18, 2011
    I think this looks pretty awesome, to be honest.
    It's a good sign that they already seem to have a plan for the number of episodes. Can't wait!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.