main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Avatar: TLA] Broken: The Prince's Fall -(Updated 8/29 - Chapter One)

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by blubeast1237, Aug 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blubeast1237

blubeast1237 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 10, 2007
    Title: Broken: The Prince's Fall
    Author: The1237
    Genre: Action, Drama, Sci-Fi
    Characters: Prince Roku, Princess Kya, Avatar Aang, Fire Lord Zuko, Katara, Sokka, Suki, and others.
    Summary: The descent of Prince Roku, son of Fire Lord Zuko, into darkness as he seeks to destroy the rebellion that took the life of his Aunt Azula and Great Uncle Iroh.
    Disclaimer: I do not own Avatar:The Last Airbender

[b][u]Prologue[/u][/b]

[blockquote][i]My life, or the larger part of it, has been peaceful. Ever since Aang defeated the Fire Lord and Zuko was crowned Fire Lord, the world has known a strong peace. Zuko quickly went back to work on rebuilding all that his father had destroyed in his war against the world. Many nations, and a few of them even now, held a grudge against Zuko for what his father did, but over time and through many peace agreements and years, the world forgave Zuko for his father's actions and an era of peace was born. The world finally saw what I had seen in him and loved him, as I do.

Aang, having become a fully realized Avatar, set off to mend the human world and spirit world's wounds that had been torn open by the war. He became a holy figure throughout the world once again as he traveled the four nations, settling conflicts and rebuilding destroyed cities by modeling new ones with his powers. All the while, and this was his ultimate goal, Aang went about resurrecting the Air Nomads and teaching a new generation of Monks under him.

Ultimately, Zuko and Aang, along with other world leaders, decided on building a central city that the world's nations could peacefully coexist in. It was to be called the Republic City. Initially, people loved the city and lived in peace within it, but there were some who held onto the wounds of the past war. It has been nearly 20 years since the fall of Fire Lord Ozai, yet people could not forgive. They attacked the city, but were quickly culled, however, not before they took the life of my son's dearest friend: His Uncle Iroh.

I still remember the look on Roku's face when his Uncle passed. Others only saw tears, but I could see the seeds of anger and vengeance in my son's eyes. He will never forget what the Rebellion took from him.

-----From the Diary of Lady Katara, 1.5 Years before the Defection and the Massacre[/i][/blockquote]

[hr]

[i][u]Fire Lord Castle[/u][/i]

Avatar Aang stared at the floor and Katara could see the boyishness of the man returning. It seemed that no matter how many years went by he continued to display the youthfulness that he had had when they were kids traveling around the world. If it was not for the sharp patch of black hair that rested on his chin, she would swear that he never aged. But she could see, also, that he did not have good news for her. The instant she felt Sokka put his large hand on her shoulder, she turned away from Aang and wept to her brother.

"I'm sorry, Katara..." Aang said, his voice soft and gentle. The Fire Lord's son, Prince Roku, was a murderer. It seemed to Aang only yesterday that he had received news that Katara had given birth to twins, a boy and a girl. Zuko named the boy Roku after his great-grandfather and Aang's past incarnation, while Katara named the girl Kya, after her mother. Immediately, Roku showed proficiency in water bending and was taught by Katara, while Kya developed her fire bending under the tutelage of Aang.

Both of the children were gifted, but Katara could see that after Iroh's death for the defense of Republic City, her son had changed. Roku seemed darker and angrier and it showed in his water-bending. The smooth and flowing movements that made up water-bending came to resemble fire-bending in its aggressiveness. Aang had thought that it would only be a matter of time before he erupted, but he had never foreseen anything like this.

"Aang, can I have a word with you?" Zuko's voice was calm and Aang slowly accompanied the man back to the Fire Lord's chambers, fearing what he was about to hear. Zuko settled on his throne wearily and rubbed his temple

2. mrjop2

mrjop2 Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 6, 2007
    Awesome so far! I can't wait to see how this ends up.

3. Substitute-Sith

Substitute-Sith Jedi Youngling

Aug 29, 2010
    Chapter 1: The Grandmaster

Kyoshi Island

Suki had received the message by hawk from Sokka earlier. Apparently, the Fire Nation Prince Roku was on his way to Kyoshi Island and Fire Lord Zuko had asked for assistance from the Kyoshi Island warriors in capturing his son. The message had said that Zuko wanted his son alive, but Sokka had warned in the letter that the Prince should not be taken lightly and that, in worst case scenario, if they had to bring him down to do so and to not take unnecessary risks.

Suki sat cross-legged in her and Sokka's home, on the floor, her eyes closed. She was meditating on the arrival of the Prince and how they should go about it. Personally, she did not want to kill the Prince, nor even hurt him. She was good friends with Katara and hurting her son was the last thing that Suki wanted to do. However, as leader of Kyoshi Island, she had her responsibilities and priority one was to protect her village against people who would do it harm, and based off the fact that the Prince was being pursued as a murderer, she would not let her personal feelings and prejudice stand in the way of her doing her job.

She stood from the floor and walked over to a mirror. The years had done her well. There had been a peace in the world since Zuko became Fire Lord and Kyoshi Island had prospered as people from all over had come to pay homage to the Avatar Statue that stood at the center of their village. The Warriors of Kyoshi had branched open to men as well, mainly because of Sokka's persistence that adding men would open a dimension that would make them stronger. It was a thriving city now and the village had claimed that Suki was the reason why, but Suki felt differently. It, to her, was because they had never had to face hostiles or any significant trouble.

However, she could feel that it was about to change.

Her warpaint covered her face and she wore the green armor that the Kyoshi Island Warriors were known for. Then the knock that she had been silently embracing herself for came on her door. It was her and Sokka's daughter, Dawn. Dawn pushed herself through the doors quietly and bowed to her mother. She was a young girl, but she was a master in martial arts and was an Earthbender in training under Master Toph.

"Mother, scouts say that the ship is a mile out. We are prepared to engage." Dawn reported, but the warpaint did little to hide the nervousness on her face.

Suki walked over to her daughter and ran a hand through her hair. "Dawn, what is troubling you?"

She hesitated, but eventually said softly, "Do you really think that we will have to use the entire division to bring him down? I mean, Roku wouldn't hurt anyone without provocation. Maybe I can talk to him."

A slight twitch flickered on Suki's face. Her daughter had been a friend to the young Prince, in the days before he had changed, and Suki did not like the fact that her daughter seemed to have developed a charming memory of the Prince, despite the years that had passed since they had last seen each other. She was anxious to see him and did not want to hurt him.

Suki could not blame her, though. The sharp, handsome features of the Fire Lord displayed themselves all over the boy even in his infancy. "Dawn, it has been years since you have even seen him. Roku has changed and the Fire Lord has asked for us to capture him, with force if necessary."

Her daughter bit her lip and opened her mouth to form words, but decided that she should keep the rest of her opinions to herself. There was a job to be done and Dawn knew that she must follow her orders. "Master Toph is down at the beach as well."

Suki smiled and led her daughter out of the house. It was good that Toph had decided to show up, because from what Sokka had told her in the letter, the Prince's waterbending was something that they may not be able to handle without her.

------

Roku grimaced as he saw the shoreline. There were Kyoshi Island warriors strewn along the beach like pieces on a checkerboard. It seemed that his father had already made aware

4. mrjop2

mrjop2 Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 6, 2007
    Great update, but I'm confused. Did you change screen names, or is this another writer who contributed the update?

5. blubeast1237

blubeast1237 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 10, 2007
    :p

It's just a sock that I might start posting fanfiction under. I hope you are enjoying the story.

-b

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.