main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion in 'Archive: Daytona Beach, FL' started by Q99213, Mar 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    Hey all, I thought I'd get the ball rolling before the massive amounts of AE homework start rolling in. I like Karma's idea for the trooper with the zinc nose, so I added a background and had fun :) [image=http://home.cfl.rr.com/mawshipyards/Pics/stormtrooper_helmet.jpg]

I also have a lego trooper that I am going to be playing with later ;) But if you like this, lemme know and I'll see about getting it uploaded. :)

2. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Master_Kenobi got me thinking about our own icon again, so I delved into the nether regions of the boards and found this thread. I know we have a few artists out there, so once we come up with a logo for the T-shirt, why don't we see if we can adapt it to our own personal JC icon? :)

3. Xander_Kenobi

Xander_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 25, 2003
    I've been wondering about making our own icon but didn't know it was up to the managers.

Xander_Kenobi

4. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Welcome to the Daytona Beachtroopers Boards :)

From what I can gather, anyone can create an icon and submit it. I'm sure it has to be appproved before it's uploaded. If you create enough high quality icons, then you become an official icon creator for the JC.

5. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Here's my latest attempt at an icon. I've found that have both 'Daytona Beach, FL' and 'Beachtroopers' on a craphic this small is stang near impossible if you still want to read it, so I opted just for the Beachtroopers.

[image=http://home.cfl.rr.com/mawshipyards/Pics/JC-icon.gif]

EDIT: Pay no attention to the size. It seems the the JC defaults all images to this size. Click on the pic to see what it would look like at 50x50.

6. Master-Kenobi

Master-Kenobi Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2002
    cool I like that one :)

7. Jayna

Jayna Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    I love that design!!! Wow- good job! :D

Is there any way to sharpen it up a bit more? It still looks pretty fuzzy- even when small.

8. jackdoud

jackdoud Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2002
    I've still got the high-res files of those pics if you want them Q.

-Jack

9. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    Hey all! :)

Once the members of your group decide upon an icon that they all like, upload it to a web page (on a blank page all by itself) and send me the link. Then, I can get it uploaded to the JC icons list.

If anyone has any questions about it, feel free to contact me. :)

10. Jayna

Jayna Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    Great! Thanks! :)

11. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    I think the main problem that it's a GIF, but Jack, if you could send me the high-res files that would be awesome. Either send them to my ERAU account or, if they are over 3MB, we can get together and put them on a disk.

12. jackdoud

jackdoud Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2002
    It's about 6MB for the lot of them, all at 1600X1200. I could post them on my site if you wanna just nab them there.
    Let me know.

-Jack

13. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    That would work. I don't think the ERAU server allows anything over 3.5MB to be sent. Communists.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.