main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Avengers: Endgame (untagged spoilers)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jedi_Master_Conor, Sep 14, 2006.

1. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Not getting it at midnight but I will be picking up a copy of it tomorrow after work. :)

2. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999

3. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I'm probably going to hold off on buying it until I get a Blu-Ray player.

4. darthtenbiscuits

darthtenbiscuits Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 7, 2001
  5. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    :(

6. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
    1. The Banner criticism is kind of moot, since staying angry gives some people a way to focus.
    2. Miracle-Ear Micro-bluetooth devices. are a reality.
    3. Thor being teleported to Earth was explained by Loki.....Odin was able to use some kind of dark energy, which supposedly would have drained his health to the point where he would have been forced into another Odinsleep. It was a one-way trip, which is why they needed the Tesseract to get back to Asgard.
    4. "Gay Bane"? No. Loki being chained and gagged was a reference to actual Norse mythology in which to keep him from spreading any more mischief, a band of dwarves sewed his mouth shut.

But still agree with them on the too-easy win at the end. What, is Joss Whedon a fan of The Phantom Menace?
    [​IMG]

7. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Watched the extra features so far, except for the commentary track.

Gag reel is funny, but pretty much what was leaked online a couple weeks ago.

The deleted scenes were a little underwhelming- given how much was cut from the film, i was hoping for them to be a tad more substantial.

The alternate opening/ending is a bit longer than what was posted online- and combined with some of the alternate Fury/Council scenes and Hill's comment/rift with Fury, it blends better than the preview online suggested. Still, it would have changed the tone of the film, and Jackson's ending narration is far superior to what Colbie did (though it had it's moments). The best part is how it suggests Iron Man might die at the start of the film, which makes his bomb run a little more suspenseful, in theory.

The Cap stuff is what we've seen also- nothing with Peggy beyond her dossier, no follow-up on the phone motif (between him looking at it and the street vendor loudly selling prepaid phones) or enhancement to the implied subtext of Fury's "a promise" line.

There's an extended version of the underground lab scene with Loki, Hawkeye and Selvig, which gives Hawk-Eye a bit more development (and helps suggest he's not completely under Loki's control, as Fury also speculates in another scene since he didn't take the headhsot on Fury, though he defends that to Loki as him not being as good with a gun) as well as having Loki explain why he actively went after the Avengers,

There's also a scene that is the second half of the Banner/old man warehouse scene. The notable information from it is we see where Banner's confidence/control came from (somewhat; the old man gives him some words of inspiration), where he got the bike from (old man gave it to him) and where he landed (Jersey- so he didn't have far to drive to get to the battle. But, considering that the Helicarrier was out of range of NYC, I have a hard time believing that the Hulk's fall from the fighter jet took him all the way to Jersey).

The rest are mostly extended scenes- theres some extended HawjkEye/Black Widow battle footage without the finished FX which was interesting to watch.

One-Shot: Item 47 was a bit of a let down- given the added length and concept, I had high expectations for it. That said, it's not bad, and has more action than either of the other two by a long while. I kinda felt the ending was too cheap of a solution. MIB doesn't have any scenes in the field, either, unfortunately. Sitwell has a couple good moments though.

One of the features has an alternate take of RDJ's "huge green rage monster" line that is really hilarious as well.

8. Rebel_Padawan

Rebel_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 11, 2003
    Wait, the region 1 release has commentary track? Region 4 doesn't :( though I guess that is the price we pay for getting it released 4 weeks ago.

9. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    So excited to get this movie (though I still need to watch Captain America ... ).

The2ndQuest, did you get a special extended edition, or does the DVD just come with the extras?

10. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Hey, at least nobody stepped in poop or said "Yippee".

Darth_Invidious and NYCitygurl like this.
  11. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    So I'm about halfway through watching this (never saw it in theaters), and I have to say it's really jarring seeing Robin Scherbatsky in her double life as a government secret agent.

12. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I believe all the versions have the audio commentary- it's listed on the DVD disc extra features, and the Blu-Ray disc specifies "plus all DVD bonus features".

I did get the 4 disc release (3D/BD/DVD/DC+Music), but the way these releases are usually listed/produced, I would assume the other BD releases should have the track on it, as would the DVD itself.

On a side note, when did they start getting cheap/lazy and double-stacking 2 discs in a single hub? They couldn't splurge for the extra "page" insert for the other two discs?

I'm still rather annoyed that trailers and Tv spots seem to have been abandoned by most BD releases- when did they go from "most standard/basic feature of a release" to "not worthy of inclusion"?

13. SoloKnight

SoloKnight Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    Kids, in the summer of 2012, your Aunt Robin joined the Avengers...

14. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    I've seen online complaints that the Soundgarden song "Live to Rise" sounds like a Chris Cornell solo track as opposed to Soundgarden. But I've decided that's not what feels a little off about it.

It's that it sounds like Audioslave.

15. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Eh, doesn't matter if it sounds like a Cornell solo track, Soundgarden or Audioslave- all three options are very good options. :cool:

Healer_Leona likes this.
  16. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    Here's something we could see in the sequel:

[​IMG]

Thanos, like Trump, flies around in a helicopter with his name on the side...

darth-sinister likes this.
  17. Souderwan

Souderwan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 3, 2005
    I really liked these two extended scenes as they resolved problems I had with the movie. I was hoping I'd see something that explained the TPM ending, but these scenes made me happy.

I'm watching the commentary right now--first time I've ever watched any movie with commentary ever. And you know what? I dig it.

18. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    He references the TPM ending in the commentary... something to the effect of "I don't like it either but we had to do it".

19. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    Aaargh triple post

20. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    aargh triple post

21. Souderwan

Souderwan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 3, 2005
    He does. He actually said "I'm not proud of it either, ok?" I lol'd. The commentary is seriously great. I lol'd on more than a few occasions.

Healer_Leona likes this.
  22. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Concept art of Thanos (sans helmet!) from the second screen app of the Blu Ray:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
  24. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    ::merges the two older threads, spiffs up the title::

Well, with filming under way, recent concept art revealed on the MCU special and the SDCC teaser officially uploaded online a few months ago (with an official teaser no doubt hitting cinemas in a few months with GOTG) and speculation in the wake of Cap 2 about to explode, seems like the right time to dust off this thread for Round 2.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And it looks like Hawkeye will be getting a good deal of screentime, according to RDJ:

"This one is a very ambitious sequel. If you read it, it's dense, it's smart. Joss [Whedon] is a really smart guy. My 2-year-old is crazy about Hawkeye, and I think Jeremy [Renner] has a lot to do with the plot. There's always so many plates to spin to get these things half-right, and I'm really excited about this one."

Juliet316 likes this.
  25. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Set photo of what is presumed to be Ultron (or a version of Ultron that is still closer to Iron Man) as well as Hawkeye's more comic-like costume:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And Whedon has posted an advance apology to the people of Seoul:

Juliet316 likes this.