main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Avengers: Endgame (untagged spoilers)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jedi_Master_Conor, Sep 14, 2006.

1. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    At least possessed-form Saren's still getting work.

2. Royale w/ Codeine

Royale w/ Codeine Jedi Master star 4

May 19, 2014
    Yeah... the Sovereign controlled Saren.

3. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    But will he be in need of calibrations?

4. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    Only when he's ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL of one of his endless amounts of drones.

5. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Garrus is my favorite space fascist.

hudzu likes this.
  6. Royale w/ Codeine

May 19, 2014
    "My name is Ultron & this is my favorite spot on the citadel!"

7. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Wha..? How is he a fascist?

8. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Anyone ever read Joss Whedon's Astonishing X-Men run, specifically Vol 2 "Danger"? It's where the Danger room became sentient, make itself a machine humanoid body, and was extremely aggravated and murderous because the X-Men and specifically Xavier had used it as a tool (also it was sentient and Xaiver knew it and suppressed it). I'm assuming several of those themes are probably in this flick too. Which is fine, I loved that arc!

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  9. Beezer

Beezer Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2013
    Heh heh.... that song's background went flying about 20 feet over my head. My girlfriend had to explain it to me.

10. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    They have talking rubber dolls now?

11. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    so your top five is six? ;)

12. Royale w/ Codeine

May 19, 2014
  13. Royale w/ Codeine

May 19, 2014
    I like the Toy Story movies about the same. They count as 1. The Disney Robin Hood is in my fave 5 as well.

14. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
  15. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Sure, it's funny; sure, Pinocchio Ultron is a great design; but no worktable with discarded bottles of vodka? 6/10. [face_not_talking]

16. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    First time I've ever watched one of those IGN rewind trailers. Some interesting things they caught:

Cap flashback. It's him at a USO event. Ties in Peggy Carter's appearance and likely Von Strucker.
    Very early on is a blink and miss it shot of Wanda and Pietro at some type of protest and it looks like this would be pre-capture?
    Some Miracles is what they are calling the 'non mutants'. If the rumor about more heroes appearing is true, I would guess this is how we get them/inhumans.
    When Ultron first appears during the Avengers party, The robots are not Iron Man suits. Look more like drones with the Avengers A logo on the left part of the chest. Guess this is Tony's peace keeping army.

Others are speculating that Thor suffers big time in this one. Many think Jane will die. I could see her injured. Could also see Selvag being the one to bite it if his return is confirmed. Also could see Jane injured badly. Would explain Thor going after Stark later.
    Also things don't look good for Rhodey if he is present at Ultron's coming out party and not seen again since. I'm thinking we could see Cyborg-Rhodey after being injured by Ultron.

17. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    We don't see Rhodey or Hill after the party so one of them could likely be dead if not both. I haven't heard Natalie Portman is in the movie, unless her being in it is a surprise and they kill her off. Selvig is in it, he might die. I guess they could make it a theme to have one of Thor's earth buddies die each Avengers movie.

18. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
  19. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    What a great call by Marvel and Joss to bring in Spader. Serious props.

I am tremendously excited to see how horrifying Ultron is - got a feeling he will set a new standard for villains in these epic comic films.

BigAl6ft6 and Yodaminch like this.
  20. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Although I have trouble seeing Hill killed (is she confirmed for Cap 3?), I could see her injured and that is what drags Fury out of hiding.

21. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    They haven't mentioned anything about her character post Age of Ultron, I mean half of the MCU is rumored for Cap 3 but nothing about her for it. That leads me to think she'd be the one they axe given she's a friend to Cap, Widow, and Stark.

22. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    think rhodey is very likely, possibly nat as well, driving banner into that very dark place he appears to be in for much of the trailer.

23. Volderon

Volderon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 23, 2007
    Looks pretty awesome to me. I just hope that's the tone and they don't pull an Iron Man 3 on us. That trailer made it look so serious and wow, Tony looks like he's in major trouble but it was all a gag fest.

But on another note, should I check out the comic of the same name?

heels1785 likes this.
  24. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    Rhodey could happen. Can't seem them killing off their main female character. Not to mention Widow is supposed to be in Cap 3.

25. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012

I get the feeling this is Whedon going darker than Avengers which is actually a bit more of a romp but he seems to be in his moody zone here. Haven't read Age of Ultron (aside from one tie-in with Superior Spider-Man) but the only thing I believe it shares with the movie is Ultron as the bad guy and the name (Age of Ultron comics is actually an alternate universe thingie and not this specific story).