main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Avengers: Endgame (untagged spoilers)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jedi_Master_Conor, Sep 14, 2006.

1. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Tony is wearing what's known as the Hulkbuster armor. What's that you say? Exactly what the name implies: a special armor designed to combat a rampaging Hulk. What makes the Hulk go nuts? Well, tune in on 5/2015 and you'll find out.

2. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Juliet316 likes this.
  3. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    I'm guessing that the "Hulkbuster" action sequence will take place fairly early in the movie, as a way of bringing Banner back into the fold. Kinda like the Iron Man/Thor papooky in the first one.

EHT and ShaneP like this.
  4. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Wasn't the Mark 38 in IM 3 said to be a Hulkbuster?

5. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    It evoked the Hulkbuster but was called "Igor".

6. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    It did, sort of, look like Hulkbuster tech. I've heard it suggest that maybe that one is an early prototype.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  7. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    I remember lot's of people (including me) flipping out thinking Igor was the Hulkbuster, it's made me stop assuming so much since then.

8. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    It was dubbed the Hulkbuster by fans simply because it was the biggest one. I don't think there was any official release that referred to it as such.

9. Royale w/ Codeine

Royale w/ Codeine Jedi Master star 4

May 19, 2014
    Lucky Ultron.

10. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    "Jane how could you?"
    "Sorry, Thor, the man is a machine!"
    "ULTRON INITIATING LOVE-MODE!"
    "Oh my!"

11. Royale w/ Codeine

Royale w/ Codeine Jedi Master star 4

May 19, 2014
    I bet he gave his left power converter to sleep with her.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  12. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Okay, somebody posted screencaps of the trailer, the woman in the red dress at the Avengers party is definitely Maria. I still have no clue who the woman in the blue dress is unless it's Sif, or
    Mockingbird crosses over from Agents of SHIELD over to Avengers.

Another question: Where is Pepper in the party scene? One would presume she would be there.

13. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    People are speculating the mystery woman is the South Korean actress shoehorned into the film for the Asian market playing an unknown role, but it;s wholly speculation -- not informed.

14. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    From the facial features (I couldn't get a close - up shot without losing a lot of resolution), resembled more of Jamie Alexander's IMO.

15. SithSense

SithSense Force Ghost star 4

Sep 29, 2002

i'm still not totally sold on the fact that he has actual mechanical eyeballs and a human-esque face. ideally i would have preferred the classic serpentine jack-o-lantern look.
    [​IMG]

or maybe it's just lingering resentment from the bayformers movies.

16. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    Yeah I think a moving face takes away from some of the terror. If it's just his voice telling you how he feels then every time Ultron is silent is more terrifying as you don't know if he's angry, happy, etc...

And as we've seen with Darth Vader, it can work very well for a villain.

That said I'm thinking the moving face is his final form he'll have at the very end, and up till then he'll have the classic style face for 80% of the movie.

17. SithSense

Sep 29, 2002
    and to make ultron even less-scary....here is the avengers trailer sync'd to "My Heart Will Go On".

18. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001

Ah yes. Banner is on his own. Going his own way. Stark is attempting to bring him back to the team but Banner resists, goes all Hulk and a fight ensues.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  19. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    I'm more leaning towards someone forcing or manipulating Hulk to fight. Banner seems very worried and shaken throughout the teaser, maybe Ultron or Hydra know how to set him off so he isn't in control anymore.

BigAl6ft6 and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  20. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I could see Banner killing an Avenger or associate. It would even give a reason for Planet Hulk rather than the comic book origin of that storyline, lacking an Illuminati.

21. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    We see him shaken up big time in the quinjet with Cap, Widow, and Thor. No Iron Man or Hawkeye with them...

22. SithSense

Sep 29, 2002

and earlier we see hawkeye running through a snowy forest....then we see banner apparently coming down from a Hulk-high, stumbling around and collapsing in the snow....

well, they have to make room for vision one way or another. can't make an omelet without breaking a few arche...umm...eggs. yeah. eggs.

iron man is safe. rdj is coming back for avengers 3 and supposedly is in talks for a cap 3.

23. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    Renner has been pretty vocal about not dying and saying he wants to be in Cap 3. But as vocal as he's been, it's just enough to sound like misdirection.

But I'm more inclined to think they just think Hulk killed Hawkeye and Hawkeye dies later stopping Ultron for good or something.

24. SithSense

Sep 29, 2002
    hawkeye: now in coulson flavor.

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  25. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    It's possible he might have a combat mode of some kind- where his eyes get covered and they and his mouth start glowing again like the earlier Ultron drones. Think of the eyeball version as Iron Man with his face mask up. Then when stuff gets real, the face plate/eye protection clamps down and the eyes (for both of them) light up.