main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive Avengers Assemble! (aka "Put that thing away before you hurt someone, Reynar!)

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by SephyCloneNo15, May 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    IC: Bruce Banner
    Avengers Tower, Conference room

"What exactly did he mean, when he said 'the green guy'? If you don?t mind me asking."

Bruce sighed and scratched the stubble on his face, looking down at his tennis shoes. "Hopefully you won't ever have to find out." His tone was somber. He meant what he said. The Hulk said nothing.

Tag: Nick

2. AlphaRay

AlphaRay Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2008
    IC: Peter Parker
    ~Avengers Tower~

At last, after his conversation with the sleep deprived man concludes, Iron Man slash Tony Stark turns to face Spider-Man slash Peter Parker, the latter whom the former will not expose to anyone anytime soon.

"Ah, if it isn't our friendly neighborhood fly-eater. Glad to see I'm not the only one in a suit." Iron Man extends his armored hand for a shake, and Spider-Man hesitantly obliges, worried that his hand will get shattered by the suit. "Tony Stark, I don't think we've been aquainted yet."

"I'm Pete-" he catches himself. "Uh, Spider-Man." The young wallcrawler is still starstruck by the presence of two of his biggest fans. Turns out they're the same person. The world is weird.

Tag: Darth_Vaders_cousin

3. NickLitYouAFlame

NickLitYouAFlame Jedi Master star 5

Feb 27, 2007
    Of Gilgamesh, Fifth King of Uruk, Son of Lugalbanda
    ~Hercules~
    Avengers Tower, Conference room

"Hopefully you won't ever have to find out."

As Bruce spoke, Gilgamesh felt movement to his left. He glanced to confirm his gender and wondered why there were no women in attendance. He looked back at Bruce and nodded acceptance.

?Of course, Bruce. Of course.?

Taking a step back, Gilgamesh open the conversation to the other man. He tilted his head to him and smiled.

?Nice to meet you, sir. This is Bruce, there, and I?m Samson.?

Gilgamesh let his arm drift toward Bruce as he spoke, and raised it slightly to indicate his topic.

?May we have the pleasure of hearing your own name??

Tag: Reynar and Peng

4. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Thor
    Avengers Tower

Thor listened as the white-clad man spoke. "Nice to meet you sir. This is Bruce, there-" he gestured towards the short one, "- and I'm Samson. May we have the pleasure of hearing your own name?"

Thor smiled warmly, nodding. "Samson and Bruce - mighty names, friends. As for mine, I have myriad names for myriad peoples, but the one most known be that of Thor. This-" He raised Mjolnir in his hand, "is Mjolnir, my hammer. I am the Odinson, and the God of Thunder."

Tag: Nick, Reynar

5. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    IC: Bruce Banner
    Avengers Tower

"Samson and Bruce - mighty names, friends. As for mine, I have myriad names for myriad peoples, but the one most known be that of Thor. This-" Thor raised Mjolnir in his hand, "is Mjolnir, my hammer. I am the Odinson, and the God of Thunder."

I can lift that.

Hopefully you won't get the chance.

Bruce couldn't believe that he was still standing there. He was amongst a billionaire playboy disguised as Iron Man, and a Norse God.

"I need some air," he said, and headed for the exit. Wherever it was.

Tag: Whomever

6. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    OOC: I made a mistake in my last post, one that I'm going to correct now. Ignore the part of Pietro noting "the Doctor Jekyll". I realised after my edit time that while he may know the Hulk from the news, and Banner from the news, he wouldn't know they were one in the same from the news. Much like how he didn't know Stark was Iron Man yet he knew of both.

Pietro Maximoff
    Avengers Tower

Perfect, Pietro thought to himself. Not a single one of these so called heroes had noticed his entry, even though he'd claim it was far more spectacular than Iron Man's. He liked people not realizing he was there, however, gave him free reign to really study the people in the room. And oh, how fruitful those studies were. For instance, he'd always suspected that the Spider was a child. This was just an observation he'd gained while facing him in battle. Lanky, short, a voice brimming with false bravado, an overconfidence in his skills, everything about him practically screamed teenager. That was just in a fight, though, when the Spider had helped the X-Men deal with the Brotherhood in Queens. Here, with his guard down, it was even more apparent. The way his whole body seemed awed by the spectacle.

There was that God that he'd seen on the news. An environmentalist. What he hadn't known was that it was a transformation. All this time Pietro and the rest of the world thought him as nothing but a dilusional hippy. But here, in this room, Pietro began to think there might actually be some validity to the claim.

There was someone whom Pietro had never seen before conversing with a man who seemed like he should be more familiar. Oh, that feeling would nag at the base of Pietro's mind and he knew it. If only the man, who obviously seemed agitated to even be here, would just leave so that Pietro could confront him.

A blonde man stood talking with an african american male. Both seemed interested in what the other had to say, and their faces showed some kind of mutual understanding and respect. Yet nothing about them screamed 'special' to Pietro's eye. No, the only two so far who had caught his eye were Thor and that agitated man whom he felt he knew from somewhere.

At some point, Thor must've started conversing with the mystery man and the nobody beside him. However, this obviously agitated the man more than he could stand because he began to make his way to the room's only official exit. Pietro grinned as he ran a hand through his short white hair before casually sprinting through the crowd and stopping in front of this mysterious person.

To the man standing in front of him, it would seem as if Pietro had just materialized in an instant.

"Greetings, Mr...?" he paused, allowing the other person to fill in their name for him.

TAG: Reynar

7. Darth_Vaders_cousin

Darth_Vaders_cousin Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 12, 2004
    IC: Tony Stark / Iron Man
    Avengers Tower

Tony pretended he didn't catch the young man's slip up with the first name.

Pete
    who he wondered...he was certain Furry probably knew. He suddenly wished he had actually read those files rather than just skim over the first page.

"Well it's nice to meet you Spider Man...maybe someday I'll get to meet the man behind the mask too." Tony could tell Spidey had issues with lots of things, most obviously acceptance. He was probably that kid in high school that the football players sat next to in class, and sat on at lunch. Pete never felt like he belonged, so when a radioactive spider bites him, and he becomes the web-slinger, he can hide behind the mask and people look up to him. Even here, where acceptance is almost guaranteed, he was afraid of being rejected when he took the mask off. It was sad, really.

"Now If you'll excuse me Spidey, my helmet's talking to me, and I probably ought to answer it."

He stepped away from the group, and replaced the Helmet.

"Sorry Nick, I was meeting the crew. What's up, out of Toilette paper in the Up Stairs bathroom?" He said jokingly through the intercom. He liked to make the jokes, He liked to seem crazy, because it covered up the fact that he really was.

Tag: Sephy

8. Randy1012

Randy1012 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 26, 2007
    OOC: Sorry for the slow reply, had a busy weekend.

Steve Rogers/Captain America
    Avengers Tower, Conference Room

"My specialty?" Steve repeated. He shrugged and tried to figure out how to word his response. "I'm just a soldier, Mister Rhodes. I may have some advantages others don't, but I'm still just a soldier." A soldier was all that Steve had ever wanted to be. That was his specialty...wasn't it?

"What about you?" he asked Jim, trying not to look as confused as he felt.

Tag: Radiance

9. SWBob

SWBob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 19, 2003
    Approved!

Name: Logan

Alias: Wolverine

Appearance: [​IMG]

Powers: Healing factor stong enough to regrow most of his soft tissue in minutes. Resistance to telepaths due to shield placed by Professor Xavier. Skeleton infused with adamantium. Three adamantium infused claws that extend from the top of each hand(can cut through anything except adamantium and Captian America's shield). Hightened senses including sight, smell, and hearing(sense of smell so great he can detect shapshifters by their smell, can get good readings on if someone is lying, and can track people just like police canines). Increased strength, agility, and stanima.

Learned Skills: Expert in vertually all Martial Arts, including firearm usage. Wide knowledge of the human body including pressure points. Pilot. Skilled in espionage and covert work. Knows how to speak English, Japanese, Russian, Chinese, Cheyenne, Spanish, Arabic, and Lakota. Has some knowlege of the French, Thai, Vietnamese, German and Portuguese languages.

Weaknesses: Sometimes goes into a berserker rage where he loses almost all sense of self restraint and becomes like a feral animal, though it has saved his life in the past, he hates when it happens. Can be affected by stong magnetic forces due to his adamantium skeleton.

Personality: Somewhat of a loner, but can work on a team. Doesnt care much about authority. Likes to smoke cigars.

Bio: Born in the late 1800's, Logan was born by the name James Howlett. After accidentally killing his father he was taken care of by his caretaker Rose. After accidentally taking the life of Rose he became feral and escaped into the Canadian wilds. He spent most of his years travelling the world, getting into many conflicts. He fought during World War 1 and The Spanish Civil War. During World War 2, he joined the Canadian Armed Forces and became a parachuter. He fought alongside Captian America. After the war, he moved to china where he met a Japanese swordsman who takes him to Japan where he becomes an expert in most forms of Matial Arts. Eventually he joined the CIA. He was then kidnapped by the Weapon X program which infused adamantium into his skeleton, thus making it almost unbreakable aan able to withstand extreme strains. Breaking out of the facility, he became feral, eventually gaining his humanity back with the help of a James and Heather Hudson, two members of the Canadian Alpha Flight. He joined them in the Canadian superhero department, Department H. During his time in Department H he fought the Hulk once. Growing disillusioned with the Canadian Government, he accepts Professor X's invite to the X-Men, becomeing one and fighting along side them many times. He has been fighting with the X-Men for quite a few years when the invite to the Avengers came.

IC: Logan
    Avengers Tower

Logan leaned agaist the back wall of the room and listened as the man who called himself Nick Fury talked about the reason why they were all here. he wasnt really paying attention. He knew how this went. he would talk about how he is in a secrect orginization, and that they all were special little people, and that we are all needed to help defeat all those speacial little baddies. Heh. Nothin' new.

After he finished talking Logan decided to look around the room. He knew a couple of the faces in the group gathered. There was Captian America. Di'nt think you were still fightin' Cap. This team might hav a chance now." He also noticed Quicksilver. He remebered fighting him and the rest of the Brotherhood at least. Grrr. Great.

Then all of a sudden, the window butted in and glass shot everywhere. He saw a couple of the men assembled flinch. Guess some of you ar'nt as cool as you think you are. Remaining unmoving, Logan watched as Iron Man floated through the window, hovering for a second before he dropped to the ground with a

10. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    IC: Nick Fury

"Sorry Nick, I was meeting the crew. What's up, out of Toilette paper in the Up Stairs bathroom?"

"You, know, Tony," Nick said into his earpiece as he opened the door and re-entered the conference room, at this rate, I was beginning to worry Dr. Doom had gotten bored with the FF and decided to blast a Conference Room-sized hole in the newest team of superheroes."

He surveyed the gathered heroes, and was aware of Dum Dum Dugan following closely behind with the Sorceror Supreme in tow. "In all seriousness, we almost certainly have a serious threat on our hands. We're still analyzing all the data, but I can show you that, as the kids say, 'Some weird @#$^ is going down.'"

He depressed a camouflaged button on the surface of the table -sometimes S.H.E.I.L.D.'s fancy technology fills a niche that could only otherwise be filled with a trip to The Sharper Image- and a large flat computer monitor descended from the ceiling, covering the central quarter of the north wall of the room. With a press of a different disguised button, the lights dimmed. Nick inserted the memory card into a slot on the screen, and the saved data replayed.

It started with the varied reports of Earthquakes, including quakes in areas nowhere near fault lines, areas that almost never suffered quakes. Next came the newly empowered supervillains on rampages, including one the news stations in the Midwest were dubbing 'the Absorbing Man'. Finally came the shadow itself, a freeze-frame of a Latverian newscast. Somewhere between the cameraman and the reporter, but noticed by neither, as though simply toying with them, or perhaps interested in attracting someone else's attention, stood the silhouette of a tall, lanky, but well-muscled man. The silhouette was topped off with long curving horns, attached either to the shadow's forehead or possibly to some headgear.

Despite it being a freeze-frame, the news crawl at the bottom began to move again, scrollng current news in Latveria, then translating itself suddenly to English, then highlighting certain letters, until finally it simply froze again, displaying the sentence, "You should have introduced me to your new friends, Brother. Did you think I wouldn't play nice?"

That last part was new to Nick. "We cannot figure out any technological explanation for this, and the quakes and supervillains, mostly being handled by local disaster relief and superheroes, are...well, put simply, too coincidental to be purely coincidence, if you follow my meaning. We're looking into a magical explanation, which Mister Blake, should be able to help with, along with," he looked to the doorway and saw Dum Dum Dugan and Doctor Strange. He wasn't sure how long they'd been standing there. "Dr. Strange, the Sorceror Supreme. Between the two of them, and anyone else who'd like to volunteer any knowledge of magic, we hope to figure out exactly what's going on and how all this is connected, and of course, how to right it."

Tag: Everyone

11. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Thor
    The Avenger's Tower

The image was unfamiliar to the Thunder God, but as he looked he felt anger rise in his chest. There was no mistaking the shadow, no mistaking the writer of those words. Loki. Thor's brother, a vile and malevolent being filled with rage and jealousy. He'd once been a trickster, but was now far beyond that simple state of mind.

He realized that Fury was addressing him, and turned to face the one-eyed man. "The figure you see there - I know him. And I am the brother he addresses."

Thor ran his hand through his blonde hair. "If we find Loki, I can stop him. He is the cause of this chaos."

Perhaps this time he could end it all, once and for all. Donald Blake...I had hoped to let you live in peace. But I cannot let you do that until my work is done.

Tag: All

12. SWBob

Jun 19, 2003

"Grrr."

Logan clenched his fists. Logan hated magic, it was the only thing that couldnt be met head on and slashed apart. One had to use spells and enchantments. He had had encounters with magic before but nothing at this level.

Exscusing himself from the group, he made his way over to where Nick Fury and the others were standing. Finnally his impatience got the best of him and he asked, "So what are the rest of us s'posed to do while you guys pull rabbits out of y'r hats? What's the point of callin' us in here if we ain't gonna do nothin'."

Tag: Sephy, Any

13. TheManinBlack

TheManinBlack Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2007
    IC: Doctor Strange

As Strange saw the video feed, his eyes narrowed like a bird of prey?s, The illusion was most odd., it was complex?but was intended to be seen someone, obviously. However did this was adept at magic, maybe better than me myself, strange thought bitterly. This wasn?t some punk who read up at the library? this was a pro. It had been awhile since Strange had dealt with any one with caliber. He definitely didn?t waste his time by coming here.

"The figure you see there - I know him. And I am the brother he addresses."

Thor ran his hand through his blonde hair. "If we find Loki, I can stop him. He is the cause of this chaos."

Strange furrowed his brow in thought. It could take weeks, for them to find him with a location spell. Maybe even months if was good as Strange thought he was. Then it hit him, Strange eyes light like Christmas lights. He looked down at the orb of Agamotto slowly, as a smile spread across his face.

He tossed the volleyball sized Orb at Blake/Thor. ?Call out his name, and try talking to him with this. If it?s you?he just might respond. Then we?ll be able to tack him. His thoughts will act like a beacon.? Strange said quietly but surely.

His eyes swept the room, recognizing only a few faces, like Spidey?s. He saw a young man with premature white hair, who sulked in the back. He almost felt the same way?he doubted any didn?t think him a charlatan or fraud at least once in his life.

He walked to the young man and stuck out his hand.

?I know I?ve seen you somewhere before?I just can?t place it. I?m Dr. Stephen Strange, Sorcerer Supreme, you are?? Strange said politely. Despite being in his hundreds?he was still uneasily around new people. At least slightly.

TAG: QUICKSLIVER AND THOR

OCC: I won?t be able to post till Monday?just a heads up.

14. Darth_Vaders_cousin

Nov 12, 2004
    IC: Iron Man
    Avengers Tower

Tony sort of listened as the others babbled on about Magic or what ever they were talking about, and waited for the right chance to speak.

"If I may interject. I may not be any sort of magical expert, quite possibly I am the least magically inclined in the room, but there are 'Super Villains' running about all over the place. While those who are more...let's say 'inclined to the occult' try to figure this whole deal out, why don't the rest of us take on something a little less daunting. Like a corporate team building exercise of sorts." He glanced about to see if any were nodding in approval. "Say we hop a private jet to the midwest and take on this Absorbing Man or something, you know, to practice our team work." He turn and took a few steps toward Furry, was was still listening to Thor and Strange bounce ideas off each other. "I'd like to have your approval of course, since technically you are the tactical leader in this situation." He paused momentarily, then added, "Of course, if you would like me to take care of the Tactical Technicalities, I would be happy to oblige. Jesus Christ try saying that ten times fast. Quite a mouth full to be honest. Good turn of phrase though...I ought to write that down...I could have them work it into a movie about my life after I'm dead and everybody gets to know who I really am. Wouldn't that be cool, a super hero movie about an actual super hero...I should be paying somebody for that. I should write that down to. Does anyone have a pen and paper...I seriously need to add a few pocket to this suit...and maybe a cup holder. And a CD player...."

He trailed off as he realized he was loosing his train of thought.

If you act any crazier they may have to institutionalize you just to be safe. A voice said in his head. The liquor was wearing off...Iron Man was coming back from the recesses of his mind. And we can't have that. They'd take my suit away...Give it back to Rhodes again. Then I would never get to be out and about...they would have you all sedated and I'd just be tucked away like you always try to keep me.

You cause me nothing but problems.
    Tony's voice responded in his own head. Maybe it'd be better.

You know you like me...

No....well...maybe...He shook his head just slightly. He couldn't let Iron Man get to him.

Tag: Sephy/All

15. SephyCloneNo15

Apr 9, 2005

Nick listened to the explanation from the magic-users of the team, then Tony's rambling series of suggestions and potential modifications to his suit.

"Well, it's a tough call, Tony. Lots of variables." He looked around the room. "The new supervillains Loki seems to be responsible for are mostly being handled by local superheroes, although the Absorbing Man is rather unaccounted for. But -and perhaps our resident magicians can shed some light on this- defeating Loki may be enough to depower them.

"If our magicians can handle Loki alone, the rest of the team heading out to do damage control on the Absorbing Man. If they don't think so, you might need to go along and, I dunno, cheerlead or something. Thor, Strange, what do you think? Will you be able to take Loki alone, or should the whole team come along and throw everything they have at him?

"And then, of course, there's the statement that Loki wanted to meet Thor's new friends. Mr. Blake, do you think it would be wise to disappoint your half-brother in this matter?"

Nick tried to watch the gears turn in Tony's head. Whatever the magicians said, Tony was publicly responsible for this whole experiment. Whichever route he chose would have profound effects on his leadership of the team, if not the existence of the team itself. If they failed here, the Avengers would go down as a minor footnote in the history of superheroes on Earth. If the circumstances weren't so potentially dire, Nick would almost be amused to watch Tony deal with the pressure.

Tag: All, but especially Peng, TheManinBlack, and DVC

16. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Thor
    Avenger's Tower

Thor caught the Orb in one hand, glancing at it as Strange strode off to speak to another. Humankind...too impatient,thought the god.

"And then, of course, there's the statement that Loki wanted to meet Thor's new friends. Mr. Blake, do you think it would be wise to disappoint your half-brother in this matter?" This from Fury, who for some reason still believed that Donald Blake was merely a man with superpowers.

"Brother Fury," said Thor, "you continue to call me by a name that is not my own. I am Thor - Donald is a face I use."

Tag: Sephy

17. Darth_Vaders_cousin

Nov 12, 2004
    IC: Iron Man / Tony Stark
    Avengers Tower

"Brother Fury," said Thor, "you continue to call me by a name that is not my own. I am Thor - Donald is a face I use."

Tony didn't like that statement. From his understanding, not that he understood it that well, Donald Blake was a man who had been saddled with Thor with out his knowledge or consent and he had lived as two being for some time before he even knew Thor was inside of him. Leave it to these so called gods to mess with Mortal's Lives with out their permission. Had Tony been in Blake's shoes, he was have kicked Thor out on his shiny golden ass...assuming that was possible. But he was a far too politically correct person to say something about it. Luckily for him, Iron Man, the being or mindset that was Iron Man, the seperate personality that dwelt with in him, was not Politically Correct, and he rushed to the for front of Tony's conciousness, taking over the body, which had always been much easier for him when Tony was wearing the suit, it seemed to make Tony more willing to relenquish control.

Don't. Tony said in his mind, just the one word, resounding through his thoughts.
    Sorry buddy, it's my turn to take the wheel, let The Iron Man speak his peace...

It came so suddenly, Tony could do nothing to stop it, in an instant he was, once again, experiencing the most terrifying thing in his life. He was there, he saw through his eyes, and he felt no different, but his words weren't coming out of his mouth, and he could only feel his body moving, but he had no control over the motions it took. The spirit of the suit had possessed him, and while he had stopped it before with great concentration, part of him didn't want to, a small spark of anger fed the beast, so to speak, and kept Tony from retrieving the reins.

"Donald has a mind of his own, does he not Thor? I believe he was a man before your father placed you with in him, I believe he still is a man, just dwelling within a shared body. Perhaps you could answer Fury's question, or let us speak with Blake, I find him a far more interesting person anyhow. Though I guess you really wouldn't qualify as a person would you. Tell me Thor, for the sake of future reference considering the task we are about to embark upon," He paused, and leaned towards Thor's ear, lowering the vocal amplification device to a near whisper. "What does it take to kill a god?"

Iron Man didn't necessarily mean it in a menacing manner, but it might have come out that way to Thor. He didn't really care, it was useful information for the coming battle with Loki, and it gave Thor something to think about. Tony waited in horror, he would have held his breath waiting for a mighty hammer swing to hit him, but he had no control over his breathing anyhow.

That wasn't wise.
    Do you think I give a flying frag.

Tony knew he, it, didn't.

Tag: Thor

18. SWBob

Jun 19, 2003

I cant take any more of this!

Walking up to the people who were talking, he interupted them, "Bub, just answer the man. We should stop talking and get to buisness. Either you guys need help taking down the big guy with the pointy things on his head, or you dont."

Logan unsheathed his claws on one hand and held them up to emphisize his point, "Make up your mind, bub."

Tag: Peng, Sephy, others

19. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Thor
    Avenger's Tower

Stark approached Thor calmly, but his words carried an icy sting. "What does it take to kill a god?" The machine-like voice was barely more than a whisper, but Thor heard it as though it were a battle cry of yore.

His hand clenched about Mjolnir, anger rising...but at the same time, Stark's words carried a grain of truth. Donald Blake was a means to an end; there were certain rules Thor was sworn to follow. He could not manifest directly in Midgard, but needed the aid of a gateway. Blake was that gateway, unwittingly.

Thor's grip relaxed.

"Donald Blake will be free of me once my labours are complete, Stark. If it is your will and you have the strength to do so, then strike me down where I stand."

Tag: DVC, SWBob, Sephy

20. TheManinBlack

TheManinBlack Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2007
    IC:STRANGE
    Avengers Tower

"Wait, hold it." Strange almost yelped, as he ran between the two of them. His hands pushed them back lightly, and he held them out as if he where trying to hold back two walls that slowly but surely going to crush as the moved nearer.

"Loki himself couldn't dream things would go this well for him. We all have a responsiabilty here, all of us. Thor, I think I might be one of his peers on a magic level, are you his on stregnth? If so we can handle him, while everyone else handles Absorbing Man. If not, maybe War Machine and someone else can come with us. Or we can all go out and try to take out Absorbing Man, as Tony suggested. I lean on the very later and the very former. Its important that we have to work as a team, as it is to stop this manic. DO you think we can take him Thor...or should we all handle Absorbing man first?"

TAG: DVC and Penugin

21. Randy1012

Randy1012 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 26, 2007
    OOC: I'm still alive, I swear!

Steve Rogers/Captain America
    Avengers Tower

Steve was right behind Strange in moving to separate the two. He put a hand on Wolverine's shoulder. "Easy, Logan. We're supposed to be working together here, right?" He finally got a look at Logan's claws and frowned. Rogers didn't remember them being metal when he'd worked with Logan in Madripoor. Something to worry about later, he noted mentally.

He looked away from his diminutive friend and turned to Doctor Strange. "I don't like the idea of splitting our forces, but not as much as I dislike letting one of those two being left alone to do any more damage than they already have. Doctor Strange, if you and Thor can handle Loki yourselves, then you should do it. I know I wouldn't be much use against him."

Tag: TheManinBlack, SWBob, any

22. SWBob

Jun 19, 2003

Logan saw the way Captian America looked at his claws. Heh. I only had my bone ones back then. Lots has happened since then.

Resheathing his claws, he nodded to Captian America, "Hey, the Cap is right. What can people like the Cap and I do against a god. We aint got any magical powers or anything like that."

I hate feelin' useless.

Tag: Any

23. SephyCloneNo15

Apr 9, 2005
    GM OOC: I planned to save him for later, but I just couldn't wait! Just a little taste...

Stark Towers

The palm of Nick Fury's hand quickly met his forehead as an exasperated sigh escaped his lips. They had barely gotten through the icebreakers and refreshments and already the heroes were at each others' throats. No wonder 47% of Americans felt that heroes either did not make them safer or made their lives less safe.

Tony was the public face of the Avengers. If the experiment was going to work, he was going to have to make it work, or at least one of them. It was Nick's job to point them at the things S.H.I.E.L.D. couldn't handle, not to hand out timeouts to naughty Avengers.

Tag: DVC

IC: Loki[/b]
    [i]Accross several planes of existence[/i]

To one who knew the significance, it must have seemed rather odd to see a god at a computer store in a closed mall in Latveria. Scratch that, even to those who don't know the significance, it probably seemed weird to see a man in a green jumpsuit with a yellow helmet with long, curling horns, in a computer store in a closed mall in Latveria.

Luckily, most people did not have to deal with that strangeness. Sure, there were security guards who should have been dealing with that strangeness, but they all had their own strange things to deal with, like the one who was very thoroughly convinced he was a goldfish, or the one fighting off an alien invasion in the food court that only he could see.

In fact, they were all so preoccupied, they let at least one trespasser in, disregarding Loki, as trespassing would have required the illicit use of any of the mall's doors or windows. Loki essentially appeared in the computer store, no picked locks or broken windows to be had.

The trespasser was less subtle. Not only was his entrance rather less than stealthy, but it was narrated, [hl=yellow][b]"I draw my +1 katanna of...well...it's gotta be a +1 of something, right? Ah, $%^$# it, I draw my +1 katanna and use it to smash the window. 1d20...17! 1d4+2 for damage..."[/b][/hl] glass shattered, [hl=yellow][b]"oh yeah, that window's toast! Spot check...I see a darkened mall. Examining the guards, I notice they are all held at bay by powerful illusions. Wait...how did I figure that out? Strength and Int were my dump stats, and I've got no points in Knowledge: Arcane.

"Forget it. Focusing on the computer store over there, I see a glowing monitor silhouetting an NPC, probably my contact. Sweet! Side quest, baby! Easy XP!"[/b][/hl]

The trespasser approached, smashing his way into the computer store, but not before smashing the windows of two trendy clothes stores, the pretzel shop that's always situated half a mall away from the food court, and Bath and Body Works, the latter being the only store from which he stole anything.

[hl=yellow][b]"Spot Check...fail. I don't see what my contact is watching. I use my incredibly high Charisma in the form of manly charm and eloquent speech to ask what he's watching."[/hl][/b] The trespasser belched under his mask, [b][hl=yellow]"Watcha watchin'?"[/hl][/b]

"You know the greatest thing about being a trickster, madman?" Loki asked.

[hl=yellow][b]"Looking up girls' skirts and being able to write it off as your mischievous nature?"[/b][/hl]

"No. It's the fact that no matter how sneaky someone else is trying to be, I am guaranteed to be three steps ahead of them. I am watching my brother in a top secret meeting of 'superheroes', and watching them nearly tear each other apart."

[b][hl=yellow]"Oh...I would've got that if I'd made Intelligence more important than Charisma on this sheet... Wait, are these the guys you were gonna have me off? If they kill each other, do I still get paid?"[/hl]

Tag: None[/b]

24. AlphaRay

AlphaRay Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2008
    IC: Spider-Man
    ~Avengers Tower~

So now everyone is arguing. At each other's throats. Huffing and puffing. Threatening gods. Even Wolverine extends his claws. Oh, that's just swell.

And then people start getting preachy. 'We all have a responsibilty here, all of us.' 'We're supposed to be working together here, right?' Duh.

Anyway, Peter has had experience with these sorts of situations. In gym class, during Clash of the Egos, Peter knew to keep his mouth shut and merely observe actions just in case they decided to come after him in their storming rampage. Now is one such time.

Spider-Man pulls up the lower half of his mask and takes a sip of his mocha. Observing.

Tag: Anyone

25. Darth_Vaders_cousin

Nov 12, 2004
    IC: Iron Man
    Avengers Tower

See what you've done. Tony's voice resounded smugly in his head. You've played right into Loki's hand and got us all turned against each other.
    Not really, just everyone turned against Thor...
    You're blind
    You're sober...go ahead give it a shot.

Tony felt the sudden rush of control again, it felt good...euphoric even. He liked to be in control. He removed the Helmet again, so he could look everyone in the eye.

"Ok, let's look at it this way, my ass is on the line for this one, so I'm calling the shots. Now I assume Loki isn't going to just be waiting for us all alone, he'll have a small army of minions to go through, and that's My and War Machine's expertise, so I think the two of us should go for sure. Cap. and Logan both have expertise in massive hoards so they should go along too. Strange and Thor can handle the magical expertise of the mission, and Banner is always useful to have around in case we need to crash through a mountain or take down a powerful beast, so He's in. I like the Spider's extreme exercise of calm," He said, nodding towards Spidey, "Samson should be of some use, and Speedy Gonzalez in the back there must be good for something. So we're all goin' to take down Loki. That being settled, before we proceed with any other stages of planning, Strange, have you checked for magical spying devices, Loki seems to know too much about us that can't be coincidence. Thor, out of curiousity, why haven't your brethren going to stepped in to take care of Loki, isn't it against the rules for him to interfere with Mortal affairs?"

Tag: All

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.