main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Avengers: Endgame (untagged spoilers)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jedi_Master_Conor, Sep 14, 2006.

1. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    Are the Defenders and Agents of SHIELD going to be in this movie? I remember hearing about it a while back but I don't know if it was true or not. It really would be amazing if they did that.

2. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Probably not. Matt's stuck in a nunnery, Luke only cares about Harlem, Jessica's fine as long as no one restricts her access to booze, Danny Rand, the Immortal Iron Fist, Protector of K'un L'un is too busy not protecting K'un L'un, and Phil and the rest are in space, presumably unable to offer aid.

3. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    Okay then...

I'm way behind on the TV series so forgive my ignorance. I left off AOS around the mid point of S4 due to forgetting about it and I've only seen Daredevil S1 and 2 of the Netflix shows. Was just curious if the rumours were true.

Still the film looks great like most of the MCU movies. I'm curious to see how it will top Civil War though as I think the airport scene is going to be hard to beat but I'll be happy to be proven wrong on that.

4. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Space AoS S5 is definitely going to tie into Infinity War cuz they're in freakin' space. I'm also saying that Inhumans mention of something ultimately evil "out there", if it's referenced again, will probably tie into it.

I mean, not in the movie, heavens no, but the shows will definitely contort around it. I think Jeph Loeb once described it kind of like the movies are the top tier books and the TV shows are like the spin offs that have to adapt to what the big ones do. Still, it does hold together as a complete MCU because there hasn't really been any huge contradictions. Like we don't have MCU Movie Punisher and MCU TV Punisher or whatever. I think Marvel basically kicks properties down to TV they aren't going to make movies about and then they have to adapt and tie it in mostly through references and the odd appearance of a movie actor on the TV shows (but so far only Agent Carter and Agents of SHIELD)

5. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    THEY WILL DEFINITELY BE INVOLVED! MAYBE! PROBABLY NOT!

6. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I don’t think we’ll get Defenders or SHIELD Agent cameos until Avengers 4, if we do. Feige gets asks so often that he definitely knows the fans want it but they’re still at the mercy of production schedules and timelines.

AOS will either be finished or in its final season by time A4 starts doing reshoots- easier to coordinate an appearance knowing how the series/characters end.

Defenders are 2 years in the past from IW. Give the second seasons (third for DD) time to be planned/film and they might be close enough to fit in a cameo.

7. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Weren't we discussing a while ago how the MCU movie team just kinda ignores the TV shows the same way that George Lucas did with the old EU? I also just can't see the characters from AOS being put into the films...the darker and grittier tone of the show is just so out of sync with the more lighthearted movies.

8. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    If I'm remembering the release schedule correctly, won't we have Black Panther before IW comes out? So unless it takes place in the past before he's introduced in Civil War, we'll need to see that in order to find out what happens to Rogers and Bucky after he goes back into suspended animation.

Master_Rebado likes this.
  9. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    They won't necessarily touch on Bucky or Cap (outside of maybe an offhand reference) until IW. They don't need to be in the BP film even if they are somewhere in Wakanda (big city, whole country, etc). Actually, we know for a fact that Cap left Wakanda to free the Raft Avengers so he could be anywhere.

Master_Lok likes this.
  10. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Good points. They have a lot to introduce in BP; so if anything is done with Bucky, Steve and the Raft Avengers, perhaps a post credit scene?

11. JediCebara

JediCebara Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 21, 2017
    In Avengers Infinity War Captain America and Iron Man will most likely die

Master_Rebado likes this.
  12. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    They probably will all die when Thanos does this:

[​IMG]

But I figure timey-wimey stuff will be involved to revert that. Though some casualties should remain for drama's sake.

13. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Yeah, if any of the heroes die in this one, my bet is on Iron Man. RDJ has said he's wanted out of the MCU for a while now, and he wasn't even sure he wanted to do Civil War or Homecoming. We'll still have War Machine to get our flying armor fix for future movies.

14. obi_kenobi_24

obi_kenobi_24 Force Ghost star 4

Aug 17, 2003
    Honestly Even though ive already predicted it....the thing that would be most satisfying to me is that they lose and lose bad in IW...it becomes a race to get strange and just a few others out of the movie alive with the slim hope of finding the time stone to undo some of the damage....​

I want like 75% of the avengers to be killed off in this one....use phase 4 to find the time stone/new recruits like Ms Marvel and battle thanos again in A4....with probably Tony and Steve biting it.

15. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Well in the trailer he says something about "balancing the universe". I'm thinking we probably won't actually see him depicted as being in love with Death, but this might be some oblique nod to the comics.

That's way too dark. If anyone gets killed off permanently...maybe Tony, maybe Steve...not 75% of all the characters, lol.

16. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    I kind of wish Ant-Man and the Wasp was coming out before this movie.

17. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    If he gets all the gems that
    ill-begotten donut will go to his head! [​IMG]

18. obi_kenobi_24

obi_kenobi_24 Force Ghost star 4

Aug 17, 2003

Should of made it more clear.... but what I meant was that 75% die in IW....Throughout Phase 4 into A4....they find the stone and bring them all or most of them back....and then fight thanos again in A4....they win this time but still lose Tony and Steve....so ultimately the only ones that die are Tony and Steve and maybe a few others.

19. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    I'm keen to see the kitchen sink

20. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    i don't think we'll see any major (i.e. leads in their own films) characters die on-screen. they may all be implied as dead if they close IW with the thanos snapping his digits scene, but marvel has been very guarded with the fate of their characters - everyone surviving civil war was a good indication of that mindset. we barely knew quicksilver, and the x-men had a much better one anyway. odin, frigga, yondo, and peggy were important, but supporting.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  21. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Besides RDJ and Chris Evans mentioning they were interested in being done soon, I think I read that Gwyneth Paltrow wants out. So how many supporting characters do we lose in IW? A good bet would probably be losing more supporting than main.

22. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    I would like to think when some main characters die, they will get a character-moment appropriate send off not unlike Yondu.

23. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Vision can die, but would anyone really care?

IM and CA could die, but I don't know that they'd allow two of the biggest characters die. One, maybe.

24. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Eh, disagree -- I think we'll see all of them die how they died in Infinity Gauntlet since those panels are pretty iconic, except for Iron Man (who may get a different death than an off-screen head-ripping) and Cap's BAMF stand-up to Thanos and being trucked probably being the end of the film... and then undone via Nebula / Gamora / Quill / Strange in the second film...

25. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000