main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Avengers: Endgame (untagged spoilers)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jedi_Master_Conor, Sep 14, 2006.

1. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    Why should they invalidate the stinger? A universe is a big place to go nosing around haphazardly searching for clues as to why half of it's population went poof.

Last edited: May 24, 2018
  2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    If the purpose of the stinger was to give a slight moment of hope, if the pager is destroyed in CM, then future viewers (many of whom will potentially be watching CM before iW/chronological order) will have that stinger become not a blip of hope but of more bleakness.

Besides, the pager connected in the stinger- so its signal was received by someone with CM's logo.

As for Xandar- if we don't see it in A4, I think it's a very good chance we'll see the attack in a prologue or flashback in GOTG3. Make for a good transition since IW/A4 happens between Vol 2 & 3.

3. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Well, from a twist of story telling perspective, is one reason as to why to invalidate the stinger. I mean, it would subvert expectations and make things less predictable. Additionally, prior to that stinger, there were numerous theories on how Captain Marvel would be introduce to the Avengers, which still could play out if the pager would have been destroyed.

Now, I wouldn't bet the farm on the pager being destroyed, but I don't think the Captain Marvel movie is painted into a corner with that stinger either.

It wouldn't bother me if future viewers found the Captain Marvel pager/stinger scene to be invalid, as it would be on par with the people currently experiencing that bleakness with the dusting of Black Panther. But, again, I think there's very little chance that stinger would end up being invalid but I'll be rooting for it as it creates more uncertainty going into Avengers 4.

I've heard that rumor of the attack on Xandar might be featured in Guardians of the Galaxy 3. Which won't be bad, but I like the idea of using the attack for a Nova film.

Master_Lok likes this.
  4. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    @Sith_Sensei__Prime, I’ve heard that at one point they actually scripted the battle of Xandar and Thanos trashing the Nova Corp, but it took way too much of the movie and they felt like cutting down would be injustice, so the dropped the idea entirely.

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  5. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    I like how the movie shows he was already in possession of the Power Stone. It establishes immediately that Thanos means business and he’s working on the endgame of his plan.

6. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    That would make sense. The final running time of the film was around three hours. So, the attack on Xandar would probably added at least another 10 minutes or so. However, I do like the way the film started which picks up shortly after the first stinger from Thor: Ragnarok. And that opening was a great way to introduce Ebony Maw and his speech of how the Asgardians should rejoice in their deaths. I really think Ebony Maw is an under appreciated character.

I do hope to see the attack on Xandar in either the Guardians of the Galaxy 3, Nova or an Eternals film.

7. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Yeah, I just happened to pick up this one Thanos comic a while ago that featured a good bit of Ebony Maw, so going into Infinity War he was the one bad guy that I recognized. I was rather surprised they killed him off so quick though.

8. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    An interesting thing is everyone conjectures how all of the dusted heroes and perhaps even those who died prior to the dusting could be brought back but, depending on if/how that goes down, the Black Order could end up being brought back as well.

9. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Props to actor who played Maw as perpetual brown noser, gosh he annoyed me.

10. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Got my 2nd show in about 35 minutes! Geeze, I really should be getting going. Paul Bettany double feature day cuz saw Solo a 2nd time and going for 3rd Avengers viewing. That dude has got range, yo.

Last edited: May 26, 2018
  11. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Then go see Deadpool and get a double dose of Josh Brolin.

12. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    He was also a very entertaining Chaucer, but he'll always be Dr Maturin to me.

13. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    And to me.

I hate we never got, and likely never will, more Master and Commander movies with him and Crowe. They both nailed the roles and had great chemistry together on screen. It's a shame naval period pieces are so expensive to make relative to their small audience.

14. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    hahaha in the last 30 days I've seen Infinity War 3 times and Deadpool 2 two times so Josh Brolin is tied with Paul Bettany (IW 3 times and Solo 2 times). Although, overall, Josh Brolin has had more screentime in both movies. Bettany as Vision is so very good, especially his death scene which for years I was like "Yeah! It's going to be awesome when Thanos rips the Mind Stone outta Vision's head!" but when you see it actually happen, it's kinda horrific.

Speaking of The Brolin, it seems he went and did Sciaro 2 and Deadpool 2 after Infinity War so I'm not expecting a lot of Thanos in Avengers 4. Really solid viewing today mostly, 10 PM theatre probably almost halfway full and I heard a few reactions to lines and gags that indicated probably their first time viewing it but also I got to catch a few lines that I missed due to just uproarious reactions in the opening weekend. (there was a fairly chatty set of folk a few seats down from me which did damper a few bits but not a lot, although I did hear a few "what was that?!" reactions to the post-credit scenes from the audience who didn't know what the Captain Marvel logo was. I just kept to meself on that point, they can google it)

Also on this viewing Strange's "We're in the endgame now" line really stuck out to me. Same way someone said Thanos' line of "All that for a drop of blood" may pay off in Avengers 4, I think Strange's "We're in the endgame now" line may get a reprise in Avengers 4. Maybe everything after that line is wiped from the timeline reset?

Anyway, speaking cold hard cash money, Infinity War has more cash than Black Panther in North America at this point in it's run. Although Infinity War's drops seem to be steeper than Black Panther by now (At this point in it's run, BP had bigger weekends than IW). IW seems pretty leggy, though, comparatively to most summer blockbusters and I can see it having a really long run and, hell, probably in 3 weeks I wouldn't be surprised if IW is making more cash the weekend Jurassic World comes out than Deadpool 2 or Solo.

Last edited: May 27, 2018
  15. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    The first movie I saw him in was "A Knight's Tale" with Heath Ledger.

Sarge likes this.
  16. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    Which is where he played Chaucer.

PCCViking likes this.
  17. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    To be fair, it's been a while since I saw that movie, so I forgot he played Chaucer. :D

18. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
  19. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Crowe has been pushing for a M&C sequel for years, and Bettany has said he'd love to reprise the role of Maturin. All that's needed now is to convince the suits that there's an audience.

20. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    Yeah I've read about that. I'm glad he and Bettany are down for it but it really is a matter of financial realities.

21. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Peter Weir hasn't done anything in ages. I wouldn't hold my breath.

22. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Narrator: There wasn’t.

Last edited: May 27, 2018
    Darth_Invidious likes this.
  23. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
  24. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    The framing of the Gamora falling to her death shot in the movie is just great, really off kilter.

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  25. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    I like the one of Wanda and Vision. It kind of reminds me of the Pieta.

Bilbo Fett likes this.