main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"average audience member"?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by darklordoftech, Dec 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. burrisjedimaster1

burrisjedimaster1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    And your statement matters because you are a trained psychologgist?

2. KilroyMcFadden

KilroyMcFadden Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    Those few who did see it spread the word and saved the majority of the population the bother. (Some of us still saw it and wish we had listened. :/)

3. Alderaan Luke

Alderaan Luke Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 6, 2012
    I don't like how the user "CooleyFett" always judges the opinions of others and thinks he/she is the only intelligent person here. It's annoying.

4. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    It's unfortunately common these days, happens elsewhere on the boards too.

5. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    I think we are looking for the AVENGER movie goer. Let's think about it from Disney's perspective. If they can have an Avengers movie and a Star Wars movie hitting on opposite years, that a good 1,2 punch to every other film company. You know that Avengers and Star Wars will take top box office spots if they stick to their formula. I think their formula is this:
    1. Deliver a cohesive plot, do not include any phrase that is unnecessary. Every sentence drives the plot forward or comes back to have greater significance by the end of the film.
    2. Attractive young cast for the teens, skin tight women's outfits/men with shirt off/tight shirts and bulging muscles
    3. Attract a young audience through toys and tv shows.
    4. Have an ending that build hype for the next film even if it is years away.
    5. A New Jumping Point for New Viewers to figure out what is going on

Plus more...

While I am on it, why do we sit and criticize every thread. The OP has a good heart and has a good direction. While there may be no average. The real question is how do we get Joe Nobody to buy into Star Wars so late in the game. Avengers was the first Avengers movie, despite being 6th in the Marvel Universe. Star Wars is EPISODE 7. wouldn't that scare away EVERYONE. Expect to see Star Wars running on 25 Days of Christmas and 13 days of Halloween on ABC Family. Expect it to be EVERYWHERE prior to EP 7 release. Expect them to hit netflix, expect TV spots for the films, expect an animated tv show (maybe between 7 and 8). You get the picture

6. burrisjedimaster1

burrisjedimaster1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    I just hope the markerters of the movie don't pull the Hobbit Meal at Denny's ploy! Cmon Man a Hobbit Meal!!!

7. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    "I heard they based an entire movie franchise off of this Blue Milk" says my Grandma in 2015 at Denny's...

No but for real, my grandparents have all been forced to watch Star Wars at one point or another when I was younger...

Random Comments likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.