main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Science Fiction AVP: Alien vs Predator

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by cdgodin, Jul 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dubya_Scott

Dubya_Scott Jedi Master star 5

Jun 11, 2002
    IC: Andrew Kesler, Nicolette Riley
    The Marco Polo

Andrew Kesler filed into the hall with everyone else. "Short and sweet," he said aloud, referring to the short briefing he just witnessed. It seemed simple enough. Let the science people do what they do, and just stand guard. He wondered what kind of life they'd find out there, if any. Big, small, intelligent, friendly, deadly, the list goes on and on. Either way, Andrew knew they picked the right man for the job. With his training and his experience in the war, the scientists were in good hands. The 6"1' soldier looked around the room, getting to know the faces of the people he would soon be working with.

In another part of the room, the slender strawberry blonde Nicolette Riley was trying to keep from looking too happy. She was finally through with her training and was anxious to get out in the field. She was hoping to get down to the planet's surface and explore. Elbowing the person to her left, she said, "Oh, I can't wait to get out there." She lifted her arms as if she was aiming an invisible assault rifle. "Wonder what we'll see out there. Maybe we'll run into E.T. or Chewbacca or something," she added, referencing pop culture.

TAG: any humans aboard The Marco Polo...

2. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Doctor Yakamura Misaki, Sergeant Scott Tracy, shared cabin, deck four.
    Ten minutes after Ceremony

Misaki leaned back in her wheeled swivel-chair, the blue cushioned pads under and behind her, compressing silently as she pressed into them.
    Her eyes felt like she had sand under the lids, and she badly needed some shut-eye. Trouble was, the report on those mineral deposits scooped up from X327 were not going to write themselves.

She was about to return to the large rectangular monitor on her desk, when she felt something touch the nape of her neck, and almost stiffened but in the next instant, felt her hair being lifted to one side and draped over her right shoulder.

Only one person besides her father did that. Misaki relaxed into the massage that her partner gently kneaded into her knotted neck muscles.
    ?Hai...? She breathed in appreciation. ?Oh, that feels sooo good.?

Scott said nothing, but despite him being out of sight behind her, she visualised his muscled torso and arms, barely held in by his regulation green t-shirt.

?So, did the General miss me?? She continued, referring to the official station-opening ceremony that the sergeant had just returned from.

?No, not even when I told him you were wearing your slave-girl outfit.? Scott deadpanned, smiling down at the top of her head, her silky black hair reflecting the harsh lighting above them. ?The fact that he thinks of you as ?egg heads? should be a clue. And you did not hear that from me.?

?Oh yes, I spotted your suggestion of what to name the planet, on the bedside table.? She piped up, unable to keep her mind off their work, the preparation of the planet below for human colonisation.

?Yeah, I was going to leave you cab fare home, but then I remembered these were your quarters. And there wasn?t a cab company for at least fifteen light years.? Scott quipped, the Colonial Marine sergeant smiling as he contemplated explaining his idea. ?So what did you think??

?Boz Pity??

?Bos. With an ?s?.? He corrected. ??B-O-S? for Ball of *****. ?Pity? because I pity the poor colonists who end up here.?

Misaki tutted gently.?It won?t always look like that bad, you know? Take a few generations, but once the atmospheric processors get into their stride, and especially once they are finished, you may have a copy of New Rostnikov down there. Blue skies, clear seas. The works. Bos Pity would be a terrible name to saddle the eventual residents with.?

Scott hunkered down to nestle his chin on his girlfriend?s right shoulder, his stubble scratching at the creased fabric of her light green jumpsuit, and joined her in looking at the technical data scrolling across her screen. ?Onto more important matters; can I move my stuff in??

?I will let you know in the morning, Sergeant. That gives you some time to convince me.?

The marine recognised the invite. He knew Kesler would understand him not coming back to the party?

Tag: no-one, but call Doctor Yakamura's cabin if you need us.

OOC:
    As I am sure everyone here, well knows, Boz Pity is a planet in the GFFA.

3. cdgodin

cdgodin Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2009
    IC: Hirkz

Hirkz looked at C'jetanu.

"C'jetanu, I do not know anything other than that the battleground is a new place and that there are some Water Beasts and Acid Beasts to kill."

TAG: any Predator

4. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Facehugger (Brian). Alien Egg

The egg, still dripping viscous, organic lubricant, slime if you will, from the Queen?s egg depositor, sat underneath her swollen abdomen, waiting for the drones to come for it, and transport it to a part of the Alien Mound that would be most likely to intersect the paths of intruders, sentient and not, as designated by the Strategist alie?I?m thinking of Daleks, aren?t I?

Ah, whatever.

Inside the egg, eight legs curled protectively inward over his ovipositor tube, prehensile tail coiled beneath him, Brian did not commune telepathically with his brothers.
    He did not @Tweet anyone.
    He did not even race around the walls of his egg like a Race of Death motorcycle.

Brian, just, was.

Tag: no-one

5. grayaus

grayaus Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 30, 2010
    IC: Lisa Holmes  
    Lisa sat down lisnting to the speech, sharping her blade. It finished quickly. She left and started walking down the hall to the mess hall. She couldn't belive she was in outer space. Not in a happy way thought. She hated it, she didn't even want to join the military, she was forced. Then some one elbow her side. Lisa turned her head to see a beituful girl looking at her. Pretending to hold a gun and talking about meeting E.T and some thing from an old Sci-fi movie. When she was finished Lisa began to talk 
    " I don't think that we will meet E.T." she said reaching out her hand." I'm Lisa Holmes. What's your name?" she asked. 

Tag: Nicolette 
    OOC: somebody can come up  and pick on Lisa for A) the murders or B) her being in love with her own sex.

6. spycoder9

spycoder9 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2008
    Cassandra Bell

Ceremonial Room

Furtively looking at the ongoing conversations, her smile on her lips wasn?t a true smile. A true smile lit on her lips when she met someone who would actually talk to her. Something about her, maybe her beauty along with the ability to shoot someone dead on, wasn?t draw to. The men were fearful of being denied, while the women were jealous of her. Maybe the jealousy powered her, fueled her, but she didn?t care. The general was stereotypical in all generals, but that was fine with her. She didn?t care whether or not the general was a stereotype, just as long as there was a general to contain control in this place. She had heard his name before this meeting, something that started with a D.

David? Dave? Damon. Damon Balding.

Smiling, she comforted herself with the fact that she had memorized someone?s name. After she pulled a string of brown hair back from her eyes, the robust military general decided to start the ceremony.

"Alright. If you will all quite down we can begin the meeting. It is my pleasure to welcome you all to The Marco Polo. This station was named after the great explorer Marco Polo. Since this station is dedicated to exploring we thought that it was an appropriate name. Now down to business. You are all here for two reasons. Either you are a scientist, or you are a soldier. Soldiers you are here to protect the station, and the scientists. That is our main goal. Scientists your job is to do what you do best. Science stuff. I require mission reports 24 hours maximum after each mission. And then I will require weekly reports from everyone before Sunday each week. The only other thing I ask is that you obey orders. You are all dismissed."

The Marco Polo. What a fitting name for a beautiful shuttle that was transporting them from their own planet to another. The prospect of visiting another planet, while dangerous, was a wonderful thought. She was going to protect the scientists, who she despised vehemently. Maybe because they were weak, smart, and liked to undermine her own people. Standing, she noticed different conversations going on. A beautiful Japanese woman exited with a man. A man near her, tall and broad, spoke with confidence and something comforting about him.

"Short and sweet,"

Grinning, she glanced up at the man. She noticed he was a soldier like her, but she couldn?t remember having talked to him prior to the meeting now. To risky to speak to him, maybe because she was fearful, or maybe because she was lost in her thoughts. After pondering whether or not to speak, she did.

?Isn?t like the normal meetings, is it??

TAG: Dubya_ Scott, any others

7. Draco_Drake

Draco_Drake Jedi Youngling star 3

May 21, 2010
    IC: C'jetanu

"So the Oomans, we know how far they're attempting to live there?"

Tag: Preds

OOC: The AVP wiki says Ooman = Human in predator language.

8. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    OOC: Sith-I-5, I recognize a certain Sergeant Scott Tracy from a certain Wizard of Oz game last year. What, no Mitch Nifesta? You disappoint me, Sithy. :p

[b]IC: Nicolette Riley
    [i]The Marco Polo[/i][/b]

The girl she elbowed spoke up. [i]"I don't think that we will meet E.T."[/i] the girl said reaching out her hand. [i]"I'm Lisa Holmes. What's your name?"[/i]

"Nicolette Riley," she said, grasping the young woman's hand. "Most people call me Nikki."

She quickly took a glance around the room looking at all the other soldiers. "I can't wait to get out there. Exploring a new planet? It's exciting," she said, trying not to seem too giddy.

[b]TAG: Lisa Holmes, any other soldiers who happen to hear her...[/b]

[hr]
    [b]IC: Andrew Kesler
    [i]The Marco Polo[/i][/b]

[i]?Isn?t like the normal meetings, is it??[/i] he heard a woman's voice say.

Andrew turned to see a very attractive woman looking up at him. "I was expecting a lengthy, boring briefing. Complete with slides." He smiled.

Reaching out to take the woman's hand, he added, "Name's Kesler. Andrew Kesler."

[b]TAG: Cassandra Bell, any other soldiers who happen to hear him...[/b]

9. grayaus

Jun 30, 2010
    IC:Lisa Holmes
    "Nicolette Riley. Most people call me Nikki. I can't wait to get out there. Exploring a new planet? It's exciting," she said. Lisa shook her head in agreement. she was not as exited, she wanted to be home on earth. With a wife, a home. But that could not happen now.
    " Well Nikki, the planet below is to barren to hold life of it own, unless there is some kind of water supply down there" Lisa said." But lets go get some thing to eat, I'm hunger" she said.

10. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    Reply comes tomorrow. So tired. . . I-)

11. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    IC: Nicolette Riley

"Well Nikki, the planet below is too barren to hold life of it own, unless there is some kind of water supply down there," Lisa said. "But lets go get some thing to eat, I'm hunger."

"Good idea," Nikki responded, placing her hand on her stomach. At the mention of food, she suddenly remembered that she hadn't had anything but a Power Bar for most of the day.

"What have they got to eat around here?" she asked, looking around the room, standing on her tip-toes to look over everyone's head.

TAG: Lisa Holmes, possibly the GM...

12. cdgodin

Oct 9, 2009

"Excuse me C'jetanu, but I don't quite catch the meaning of your statement. Could you make it a bit more clearer?"

Hirkz tended to be more violent in stuff like this, but didn't want to get them all killed before they got to the station.

TAG: C'jetanu

13. Draco_Drake

May 21, 2010
    IC C'Jetanu

"These Oomans, attempt to colonize worlds. How far have they attempted to colonize this one?" C'Jetanu seems fairly relaxed.

Tag Hirkz

14. cdgodin

Oct 9, 2009

Hirkz pondered the question for a moment.

"They have only recently arrived there. So they shouldn't have widespread colonies. Or any colonies at all, really."

TAG: Any predator.

15. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    Cassandra Bell

Ceremonial Room

"I was expecting a lengthy, boring briefing. Complete with slides."

The man answered with a witty reply. Cassandra laughed, remembering the multiple meetings she had attended. They always had some general standing with some stick that a teacher uses, and he points to the screen, talking about how they were going to do this and such. Maybe the fact that someone else hated the procedure was comforting to her. Nodding, she flipped her hair behind her hair as it slipped free again. Suddenly he outstretched his hand, meaning for her to take it.

"Name's Kesler. Andrew Kesler."

She laughed again as she took his hand and shook it.

?Cassandra Bell. From France. Where are you from??

Making conversation had never been hard for her. Standing now, she decided it would be right to get up to his level. Not to up close and personal, but she did stand near him. She wanted to be seen talking to this large, macho man.

TAG: Dubya_Scott

16. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    IC: Andrew Kesler

Cassandra laughed at his little joke and stood up to take his hand. ?Cassandra Bell. From France. Where are you from??

A French girl. He hadn't expected that.

He took in her smile and felt her soft hand in his. "I'm from the United States. Born and raised in California." Releasing her hand, he added, "So France, huh? You speak English very well."

TAG: Cassandra Bell, any others...

17. Draco_Drake

May 21, 2010
    IC C'jetanu

"So the plans just to go in and hunt?"

Tag Any Pred

18. cdgodin

Oct 9, 2009

Hirkz tried to think of something sarcastic.

"No, we plan it down to every detail! Of course we just go in and hunt!"

TAG: Any pred

19. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    GM approved

Character Sheets:

Species: Human
    Name: Ian Lamb
    Weapons: Handgun (automatic), shotgun.
    Personal History: Born and raised in Jackpot, Nevada in the continental United States.

Works with the law enforcement branch of the Company, but has been treated as the scapegoat for some previous event, and has been moved out of the way to X327, with a promotion to Special-Agent-in-Charge (SAC).
    Military History (humans only): n/a
    Hive History (Alien queen will decide this): n/a

[image=http://i1004.photobucket.com/albums/af162/yavin1pics/random/SACIanLamb2.jpg]

IC: Special-Agent-in-Charge Ian Lamb

Arms crossed, and with dispassionate eyes, Ian watched the party start from the sidelines. He was neither scientist, nor marine, so had no ties to either camp.

But he was here, and would have to carve out a role for himself, just to stay active on this project.

Ian?s blue uniform tunic and baseball cap had the yellow six-pointed star that identified him as a peace officer, one that would in time be responsible for all the colonies that got started in this sector, but for the time being, these, these sheep were his flock.

His gaze flicked to the faces of each guest, staying on them for a few seconds each, committing each to memory.
    Then he spotted, Holy moly!

He knew that woman! And on his station.

Fixing a fake smile, Ian navigated his way through the happy people, introducing himself, letting them know to call him if they had any problems, just call Zero-Zero-Seven at any station intercom.

He doubted if any of these Yah-hoos recognised the significance; that ?English secret agent, from England? had not been called upon to save the world for at least a couple of generations.
    His grandparents had been fans, though.

Getting closer, he could see his target chatting with a slender woman that he wouldn?t kick out of bed, and could overhear snatches of conversation.

?-get something to eat, I?m hungry.?

?Good idea. What have they got to eat around here??

Ian quickened his pace and ignored the rest of the guests, until, eventually, he was standing before Lisa Holmes, and waited for her to notice him.

"Miss Riley. "He acknowledged the taller woman, though perhaps if he had taken more notice, he would have spotted that her extra height was due to her standing on tippy-toe.

The Special Agent leaned into Lisa?s personal space, whispering, ?I know who you are, young lady. I know what you did. All those kids.? He paused, re-living the moment he had heard it on the news. ?Maybe they deserved it, maybe they didn?t. But,? he tapped a finger into her chest, ?you are on my station now. I handle the bullies, not you. You be a good girl, keep your nose clean, don't try and stab anyone, we?ll get on fine.?

Tag: Lisa Holmes, Nicolette Riley

OOC: Dubya, Wizard of Oz featured Scott Tracy, the Thunderbirds character. My sergeant here remembers the vintage series, but was not in it.

20. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    Cassandra Bell

Ceremonial Room

"I'm from the United States. Born and raised in California."

A California man. Cassandra nodded at him, ending the shake as both withdrew their hands. Something was comforting about this large man, and she felt very well protected. Smiling, she patted his shoulder.

?So France, huh? You speak English very well."

?I moved from France when. . .I went to the United States for a better life. The military seemed like something good to invest my time in. Sure wish I got a good pay though. I would be embarrassed to show you the trailer I live in now. Trashy and small. Its funny how life can change in a minute.?

TAG: Scott

21. grayaus

Jun 30, 2010
    IC: Lisa Holmes
    A man walked up to Lisa and Nikki.
    ?I know who you are, young lady. I know what you did. All those kids.? He said to her her eyes opened wide. ?Maybe they deserved it, maybe they didn?t. But,? As he put his finger on her chest to tap it. ?you are on my station now. I handle the bullies, not you. You be a good girl, keep your nose clean, don't try and stab anyone, we?ll get on fine.?
    "They did deserve it all of those mother." she caught her self before she swore." I'm not going to stab anybody on this ship, so far they seem like nice people." She said "I didn't even want to kill that many people." A tear began to from as she remembered the One Pearson she didn't want to kill."Most of them at least. OK were done here now get lost" She said to him.

Tag: Ian Lamb

22. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: S-A-C Ian Lamb, Opening Ceremony

Ian stoically ignored her one tear, as she answered, "They did deserve it all of those mother-" She seemed to catch herself before she swore. Shame she hadn?t done that before ending so many young lives. "I'm not going to stab anybody on this ship,"

Ship? He frowned. As far as he was aware, this big habitat floating in orbit over the planet, was a space station. The special agent made a mental note to flip through the orientation guide again when he got back to his office.

"so far they seem like nice people. I didn't even want to kill that many people. Most of them at least."

The cop was nodding agreeably.

"OK we?re done here now get lost." She continued.

Lamb just looked at her in silent challenge.

?I will decide when I am done, Lisa.? He advised at length, then glanced sideways up at her companion. ?Miss Riley? Special Agent-in-Charge Ian Lamb, your friendly neighbourhood peace officer. Any problems, just call Zero-Zero-Seven, from any of the wall intercoms. Ma'am.?
    He doffed his cap politely to Nicolette, and prepared to moved away.

Tag: Miss Riley, Lisa

23. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002

"...I would be embarrassed to show you the trailer I live in now. Trashy and small. Its funny how life can change in a minute." the woman said.

"Well," Kesler started, "I can't say I ever lived in a trailer. But living in the Wine Country in Northern California was...interesting. It was full of yuppies, hippies, and tourists. That was quite a combination." He turned his head to look around the large hall of the space station. "Our new home seems a bit more...hi-tech."

TAG: Cassandra Bell...

[b]IC: Nicolette Riley[/b]

As she was on her tip-toes, she turned her head to see some old guy step in front of her. Landing back down on her feet, she heard the guy say, [i]"Miss Riley,"[/i] to her.

"Hello," she responded.

Then the guy turned to Lisa and said something to her. Nikki had a little trouble hearing it over the noise in the hall. But Lisa suddenly got angry...and teared up. Her voice was a little louder. She said something about killing people... Lisa and the guy argued for a moment while Nikki stood back and watched.

Then the guy turned around and introduced himself. [i]"Special Agent-in-Charge Ian Lamb, your friendly neighbourhood peace officer. Any problems, just call Zero-Zero-Seven, from any of the wall intercoms. Ma'am."[/i]

Nikki thought there was something vaguely familiar about the `Special Agent Double-Zero Seven`...possibly from the old pop culture stuff her father liked? But that was mostly a guy-thing, so she never paid any attention to it.

Nikki hesitantly looked back at Lisa. "Sounds like you had a rough childhood?"

[b]TAG: Lisa Holmes, Ian Lamb...[/b]

[hr]
    [b]OOC:[/b] [i]?English secret agent, from England?[/i] - Golden Gun reference right there. [face_wink]

24. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    GM APPROVED

[image=http://www.radiotimes.com/shows/csi-miami/gallery/david-caruso-as-horatio-caine/006/photo_lrg.jpg]

Name: Federal Agent Dave Palmerro
    Weapons: small pistol
    Personal History: Dave at one time had a wife. Twin daughters. A large home. A cushiony job. Then he was faced with a personal trauma. House burned down. His wife and two daughters went down with it. He was accused of lighting the fire, but proved himself innocent. The depression made him lose his job, so he became a slum. Favored cigarettes. Then he was faced one day with a business opportunity.
    Military History (humans only): He joined the force when his lifetime buddy told him to join. He got on the force, but left that to become a federal agent. Great life. Always exciting. He was drafted to join th cause to go to the Aliens simply because he voiced interest. He signed up for the job and personally got to know one young woman named Cassandra Bell on the way up there. But when the actual celebration began, they were separated.

[image=http://www.lost.hu/pic/szereplok/karakter/shannon/shannon1.jpg]

Name: Carlisle Crane
    Weapons: none
    Personal History: She was never rich, nor poor. She grew up in New York City, living up the action and hustle and bustle. Never once pausing. She joined a rich college to become a wonderful professor. She had the brains for it. She became a professor very early off in life, and discovered about the alien exhibition. She decided that something like this only came once in a lifetime, so she signed up quickly. But leaving her parents had been a hard thing to do. The emotional process was troubling. They had always been a prominent figure in her life. But on the hand it was an independent thing she needed. So she left to go to the Marco Polo.

Cassandra Bell

Ceremonial Room

"Well," Kesler started, "I can't say I ever lived in a trailer. But living in the Wine Country in Northern California was...interesting. It was full of yuppies, hippies, and tourists. That was quite a combination." He turned his head to look around the large hall of the space station. "Our new home seems a bit more...hi-tech."

Nodding with a smile on her lips, she gazed around the inner room of the space station. Never had she imagined she would have been catapulted from her shack to this beautiful oasis of a place. The rest of the trip wouldn?t be positively great, maybe because she was meant to protect some snobby scientists that didn?t deserve the special treatment, but she would live with it. Especially with the making of friends of this Kesler fellow.

?Hi-tech. Fancy. Same thing,? she smirked.

She let her gaze fall on two women and an older man speaking together. One woman was on the verge of a breakdown, while the other man seemed to be lecturing the woman.

?I wonder what?s going on over there??

TAG: Scott

Federal Agent Dave Palmerro and Carlisle Crane

Personal Quarters

The General had been entertaining.

But he had been very boring.

Same as the party.

Running his wrinkled hands through his hair, his mind flashed back to the night. The night. When it all went down. His wife?s body, charred to a crisp. Her skin kissed by the sun. The crying had stopped a year ago. Now it was just regret. His daughter?s were too mangled for him to even see. So many years now. His wife would have wished for him to divulge more into his life, quit thinking of the past, he just couldn?t It was a rope, and if he let it go, he feared the memories would fall of the side of the cliff. Gone forever.

?God, I hate all this paperwork- OOF!?

A loud bang echoed outside his door. Running towards it, he slung the door open. There stood a blonde haired woman with beautifu

25. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002

?I wonder what?s going on over there?? Cassandra commented.

Kesler glanced at her to see which direction see was looking. His gaze then moved over to a man, roughly in his forties, Kesler guessed, talking with two young women who looked to be in their early twenties.

Picking up the fact that there was some kind of conflict going on, Kesler responded, "I'm not sure. Some kind of commotion over there." The last thing he wanted to see was team members fighting amongst themselves...especially when he was part of that same team. "Let's go check it out."

Kesler began to make his way toward the arguing people.

TAG: everyone aboard The Marco Polo...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.