main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Science Fiction AVP: Alien vs Predator

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by cdgodin, Jul 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grayaus

grayaus Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 30, 2010
    IC: Lisa Holmes
    "I will decide when I am done, Lisa.? Ian told her. he then turned to introduce him self to Nikki while Lisa started at him. After that Nikki turned her head to Lisa.
    "Sounds like you had a rough childhood?" Nikki asked her. Lisa laugh at that.
    "Rough isn't the word." she said thinking about how many times she was picked on as a child. But they all got what they had coming in the end. "Sorry Nikki I don't really want to talk about it." she said.
    Tag: Nikki, Ian

2. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: S-A-C Ian Lamb, Opening Ceremony.

Ian turned away from Lisa and Miss Riley and rolled his eyes, as Nicolette asked the female marine if she had had a rough childhood.

Yeah, wait till you get to the bit about how she resolved it.

Ian spied two more members of staff, that from studying the personnel files during the trip from Gateway, the space station over the Earth, he recognised as the French girl Cassandra Bell, and Andrew Kesler.

Well, he would not have to introduce himself and his services to Miss Bell, as she already knew ?Deputy Dave?, or Federal Agent Dave Palmerro, as his new assistant was known officially.

Dave could sometimes be, in the words of Ian?s Grand-daddy, ?More depressing than an episode of Hill Street Blues?.
    He had never understood the reference, but the Old Man had put such emotional weight behind the strange comment, that Ian had remembered it.

Either way, Palmerro was probably in his quarters, or in the office.

Kesler at least, already seemed to be heading his way, so he shrugged inwardly, and waited for him.

He acknowledged the big marine with a friendly nod and smile. ?Mr Kesler?" Ian glanced over the other's uniform, looking for some kind of rank patch. "Private Kesler? Sergeant Kesler? Stop me anytime. I'm Special-Agent-in-Charge Ian Lamb. I will be joining you in keeping these fine people safe. Any problems, you can call me, or at a pinch, Agent Palmerro, on Zero-Zero-Seven from any wall mounted intercom.?

Tag: Cassandra, Andrew, Lisa, Nicolette

3. Littledawg

Littledawg Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 19, 2008
    IC - Davian Thule

Thule wasn't one to get involved with civies, but hey, a couple of babes that Thule didn't think would cut out his heart and shove it down his mouth was a plus for him. This duty station wasn't all bad, the Marco Polo wasn't home, but hey, hardly any place could match Earth. Thule got out of his bunk, grabbed his gear, and walked to the cafeteria, grabbing a tray of food, he went over and sat with a couple of other crew members.

"I give up, vegetable, animal, or mineral." one technicaian questioned.

"Hey, Thule, what is this stuff.?" another asked.

Thule laughed, "Ok, don't tell anyone I told you, but I believe its code-named to be...Mashed Potatoes." Thule smiled. He finished his meal and continued talking. He was also looking around for his squad, since the meeting he hadn't seen anyone.

Tag:All

4. spycoder9

spycoder9 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2008
    OOC: I sure wish I could reply tonight, but that is impossible. Maybe I can squeeze it in tomorrow. Friday I have a birthday party to go to, then movie. So depends.

5. Dubya_Scott

Dubya_Scott Jedi Master star 5

Jun 11, 2002
    IC: Andrew Kesler, Nicolette Riley

"Private Kesler? Sergeant Kesler?" the man asked, nodding to Kesler. Then he went on to his spiel about Special-Agent-in-Charge and the zero-zero-seven number on the wall-mounted intercom.

"Sergeant," Kesler answered. Giving Cassandra a nod, he added, "We were just wondering what was up. Looked like there was an argument." He paused. "I didn't know if we could help."

Nikki looked up at the Sergeant. He was quite a large man. Things seemed to be getting kinda crazy. She thought it might be better if she left. "Uh, anybody know where we can get some food?"

TAG: Lisa, Cassandra, Special-Agent-in-Charge...

6. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC Ian Lamb, Opening Ceremony.

"Sergeant," Kesler answered. Giving Cassie a nod, he added, "We were just wondering what was up. Looked like there was an argument. I didn't know if we could help."

Ian's first, admittedly uncharitable, thought, was to ask, Where the hell were you, Hero, when she was murdering schoolkids?

His second was to leave this and go and get some food.

His third thought was a bit more useful, scoring points for introspection and analysis. Though he, Ian, did not have any formal military training, he could read books, and was familiar with some of their tactics.
    Warning Lisa that her past was known, had unintentionally been a 'probing with fire' action. An anti-sniper tactic in jungle warfare, you randomly opened up on the tree-line, and looked out for the muzzle flash from any sniper hidden there. Then you knew where to target.

By judging Kesler's intervention, and especially his tone and demeanour, Lamb could tell if the big marine was quick to join in fights, or if he could be relied upon to be deputised in an emergency. Both of which were useful things to know.

"Uh, anybody know where we can get some food?" Miss Riley piped up then.

"Cafeteria." Ian advised, still looking up at Kesler. "Actually, you know what? I think I'll show you. I could do with something to munch. Sergeant." He acknowledged Andrew, and turned away, indicating the way to the door leading out of the hall, taking the lead, and glancing over his shoulder to ensure Nicolette was following.

Tag: Nicolette, Andrew, Cassie, Lisa, anyone in vicinity

[b]IC Scott Tracy[/b], silent corridor.

Slightly miffed at being turfed out of the warm, snug bed, he padded down the quiet corridor in his stockinged feet, clad only in his t-shirt and undershorts.

"[i]Nooowww[/i] she wants cookie dough mint chip ice cream?" He grumbled in a low voice, hoping that with everyone at the party, he would not meet anyone enroute to the cafeteria, or eating in there.

He had already had one scare, almost walking into some red-headed chap helping some pretty blonde woman with her dropped papers, and then ducking back into his room.
    Scott had had to backtrack hastily round a corner to avoid being seen!

The sergeant's mood picked up as he tip-toed up to an illuminated wall sign showing his destination in English and Esperanto: [b]Cafeteria - Kantino[/b].

Scott pushed through the swing door, and stopped in his tracks, spying the back of that new kid, [b]Thule[/b], sitting at a trestle table in the middle of the lunch area, opposite a couple of female civilians.

[i]Why the hell aren't you at the party?![/i] He wondered frantically, the door already swinging back at him. Then, a crazy plan quickly formed.

"Private Thule!" he bellowed across to the soldier, "Shut your eyes, and keep them shut if you don't want to be cleaning the latrines tomorrow with a toothbrush. Ladies." He acknowledged the techs as he sidled toward the aluminium doored fridge at the back of the food prep area.

[b]Tag: Davian Thule[/b]

[b]OOC:[/b] Thank you to online English-Esperanto translator, [color=green]http://traduku.net/[/color] for the help.

7. cdgodin

cdgodin Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2009
    OOC: I'm guessing that everyone who is a predator or alien is finished with their introduction phase.

8. Draco_Drake

Draco_Drake Jedi Youngling star 3

May 21, 2010
    OOC: I am. and Readdy when you are.

9. grayaus

Jun 30, 2010
    OOC: Ditto here

10. cdgodin

Oct 9, 2009
    OOC: We have to wait for the human characters to finish their introductions. Hopefully they'll be finished soon.

11. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    OOC: Alien egg unable to do anything more until a non-alien lifeform turns up, though one of your npcs could post shifting the egg somewhere.
    My humans are ready when you are; just that some General gave them the evening off...

12. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    OOC: I'm all for moving ahead with the story. Whenever you guys are ready. :)

[b]IC: Andrew Kesler, Nicolette Riley[/b]

[i]"Actually, you know what? I think I'll show you. I could do with something to munch."[/i] The man Ian said to Nikki, indicating the cafeteria. [i]"Sergeant,"[/i] Ian said, acknowledging Kelser.

Ian Lamb began to walk away.

Nikki was hesitant to follow the man. He was, after all, the Special-Agent-in-Charge. In other words, a cop. She assumed he was probably a peace-keeper aboard the space station. Then she looked at Lisa.

Was this girl really a killer? She must have gotten past the screening processes successfully in order to make it this far. Lisa was probably okay now, right? Nikki had never really been out in the field dealing with actual "issues", having come here right out of training camp.

Nikki looked back at the Special-Agent-in-Charge, who was looking back at her, as her stomach growled. She needed something in her stomach. Maybe heading to the cafeteria [i]was[/i] the best idea. She placed her hand on her stomach again and said, "I need some grub." She headed over toward Ian Lamb.

Kesler, on the other hand, was watching things unfold and making note of everyone's behavior and personality. A conflict between his own teammates out in the field would be bad...especially if they encountered some kind of hostile alien life out there. He kept all this information in the back of his mind.

Watching Nikki walk by him, Kesler turned to look at Lisa. "You okay?"

[b]TAG: Lisa Holmes, Ian Lamb, Cassandra Bell, anyone else that I may have missed...[/b]

13. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    Cassandra Bell

Ceremonial Room

Andrew Kesler led the way, weaving their way to the three person group. As Cassie grew closer to the man, she recognized him, and smiled because of it. Ian Lamb, the boss over Dave Palmerro , was his name, and she was going to reach her hand out, but it seemed he was going to talk to Andrew first instead of her. They took a few moments to discuss what rank the handsome man was, and she smiled at Andrew. Then one of the young women, the one that hadn?t suffered from an emotional breakdown, offered a suggestion of visiting the cafeteria. Ian offered to lead the way.

"You okay?"

Andrew asked the emotional woman as they started to leave.

Jealousy ravaged the heart of Cassie as she watched on.

?I?m fine,? she smiled, putting her hand on Andrew?s back as if to lead him away from the woman and onto the cafeteria.

TAG: Humans in Ceremonial Room

14. grayaus

Jun 30, 2010
    IC: Lisa Holmes
    "Actually, you know what? I think I'll show you. I could do with something to munch." Ian said. Then a man walked over to Lisa.
    "You ok?" The man asked her. As Lisa was about to answer, another woman answered.
    "I'm Fine" She said smiling.
    " I'm pretty sure he was talking to me" She said to the woman. Then turned her head to the man.
    " I will be ok. Thank you for asking"
    Tag: Andrew Kesler, Cassandra Bell

15. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    IC: Andrew Kesler

Cassandra responded, then Lisa.

Kesler glanced back toward the other girl Nikki and the man Ian, who were walking away. Turning back to the two young women still standing with him, he added, "It's been a long trip, and I'm sure we've got a lot of work ahead of us. We should all probably get something to eat." He began to head toward the cafeteria.

TAG: Cassandra, Lisa...

16. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Sergeant Scott Tracy, Ian Lamb

Tracy was thoroughly chilled by time he emerged from the walk-in freezer, one hand clasped around the tub of the particular ice cream that his girlfriend had sent him for, but he was a marine of several years? standing, and did not outwardly show any discomfort, as he kicked the huge burnished aluminium door shut with one stockinged foot.

Now, he wondered where to get two dessert spoons and some serviettes to hold this tub with.

Outside in the Party Hall, Ian, satisfied that the hungry woman was following him, pushed on the door leading into the cafeteria, glancing inside at the metallic-surface trestle tables while stopping to hold the door open for Miss Riley.

He could smell fried chicken coming from within, sniffed at the air appreciatively.

He hoped the woman hurried up and came through the door he was holding, so he could get to that wonderful smelling food. He could feel his mouth watering.

Tag: those inside cafeteria, Nicolette, etc.

17. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    IC: Nicolette Riley
    entering the cafeteria

Ian pushed on the door ahead of her and held it open.

What a sweet gesture, she thought. No one holds the door open for a lady any more.

As Nikki stepped through, she gave the man a smile and a nod. "Thank you, sir." Then the smell of the food hit her like a ton of bricks. It was like walking into a restaurant. So many different things to eat. The food actually smelled pretty good, nothing like those ready-to-eat things they gave you in the army. She stood just inside the door and breathed it in.

TAG: Ian Lamb, others...

18. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    OOC: Writer?s block. . .I?m ready to move on to the next phase of the journey

19. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    OOC: Just a "heads-up"... If anything happens in this game in the coming days, I probably won't be posting because I'm playing in a hockey tournament all weekend. I won't be on-line a whole lot. But expect me to post on Monday.
    :)

20. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Ian Lamb, Scott Tracy, Cafeteria

"Thank you, sir." Miss Riley returned as she passed through the doorway, and he nodded back, the woman rising in his estimation.

Some females just walked through and ignored the gesture, somehow reasoning that because they had not specifically asked for the courtesy, no response was needed.

The officer looked in her wake to see if anyone else was coming, and though he spotted Cassie and Sergeant Bell heading his way, they appeared to be dawdling, so he released the door to shut of its own accord, and stepped round Nicolette to investigate the silver lids that covered recessed food compartments on the self service counter.

His gaze swept past three customers, two civilians and a marine, seated together at a trestle table.

On his arrival at the food counter, he could hear a metallic tinkling of utensils on the other side, and spotted the military-green t-shirt and bare arms of someone on the other side, trying different drawers.

"Well, no spoons in there." Lamb overheard. He had no idea where the spoons were either, so said nothing, instead reaching for and lifting a lid at random. A layer of baked beans in a thin red-orange sauce steamed up at him, casting condensation over the angled glass pane that he had to look through to see them.

Ian hesitated, then covered them over again, not wanting to be accused of letting them get cold.

Tag: anyone in cafeteria.

21. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    OOC: I can see I didn't miss much. Have our GM's abandoned us?

22. cdgodin

Oct 9, 2009
    OOC: No, I have not abandoned you. I was just on vacation for the past couple of days. I have just received word though, that Draco_Drake will not be playing anymore. :(

23. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Yakamura Misake

The bed within Yakamura-San?s suite was empty, the covers looking like they had been pushed back hurriedly.

To the right of the desk with it?s computer, the door to the bathroom was sealed, and all was deathly silent, as if there was no-one on the other side.

All of a sudden, a yellow glow halo?d round the edges of the portal, that is, if halos can be rectangular and door-sized.

The light faded almost instantly, and then there was the distinct splashy, ceramic sound of something being secreted into the toilet cistern.

After a moment, the bathroom door slid open just a notch, enough to allow Misake room to peek into the bedroom, see if Scott had returned with her ice cream.

The door opened fully, she emerged, hurriedly dis-robing out of her colourful Oriental silk number, and sliding back into bed, as if she had never budged.

Tag: no-one

[face_whistling]

24. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    IC: Kesler and Riley
    cafeteria

Nikki hurried over to where all the food sat just waiting to be devoured. Licking her lips, she looked over at the turkey. "Oooo... I'll have some of that."

Across the room, Kesler pushed the door open and entered. He scanned the room looking at everyone. It was a bit crazy in there with people scarfing all the food. "Might have a long trip ahead of us. Better get something to eat now," he said aloud as he headed for the food.

Nikki sat down at a table that only had a few people. She set the plate of food down in front of her and grabbed the napkin, shoving a corner of it in the collar of her jacket so that it hung down over her chest. She was hungry. Who knows how messy she would get...

Then Kesler sat down next to her. "This seat taken?"

"No. Go ahead," Nikki responded, just before shoveling the food in to her mouth.

TAG: whoever may be in the cafeteria...

25. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Ian Lamb, Kantino.

The agent filled the segmented serving tray with rice, baked beans, and a couple chicken legs, and sat down opposite Kesler.

?Sergeant, that?s the second time you have said there is a long trip ahead of us.? The cop paused as he took a bite out of his chicken, tearing at the succulent white meat, and chewed it thoroughly. ?What trip? We?re here; planet X327 is below us??

Over his shoulder, another marine in just shorts and t-shirt was guiding the desert trolley over to the other doors, concealing his lower lack of clothing behind it.

Ian frowned into his meal, then, without looking, asked, sotto voce, ?He?s not wearing any pants, is he??

Tag: Kesler, Nicolette

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.