main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

AVP outing

Discussion in 'Archive: Idaho Falls, ID' started by Marvincade, Aug 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marvincade

Marvincade Jedi Youngling

Apr 29, 2003
    Well we just got back from Aliens Vs Predator. All I can say is, "this is the movie of the year". What amount of praise could one rain on this masterpiece? The answer my friends is summed in one word, infinite! All I can say to my predator friends is scar me so I can join your troop.

2. Darth_Sayder

Darth_Sayder Jedi Youngling

Jul 28, 2004
    That was awesome....
    Although I couldnt figure why they only send 3 hunters at a time. Didnt they learn that lesson from when the Aliens outnumbered them 1000 to 1 ??
    Still loved it! Must own on DVD.

3. RABIDJAWA

RABIDJAWA Jedi Youngling star 2

May 20, 2002
    Great monster on monster smack-down action. And, I must admit, it gave me a touch of jungle fever, 'cuz Saana Lathan (is that how you spell it?) looked HOT!

4. Oscar_the_Gungan

Oscar_the_Gungan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 1, 2001
    There must be a sequel to this!

5. QUIGONJINN02

QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2003
    Come on guys, this film left you with much to be desired. It was way to short! And what's with the PG-13 rating???
    Weyland shouldn't have "gotten it."
    And the Predators died to easily in the beginning.
    I did like it, but thought it could've been much better.
    And the end was predictable.

6. nordicgal

nordicgal Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Duuuuude!! Excellent movie!! It was creepy AND fun!! Loved all the historical references, but had to wonder why it took humans this long to figure it out! Hmmmmm...perhaps the hot job of the future is space anthropologist. Sign me up!!

7. Ariadnae1

Ariadnae1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2003
    The predator scar rocked. I am thinking that would be a cool tattoo. (not on my forehead, but maybe the back of the neck or something.) This movie was good, and I do smell sequel also. I could definately see this movie again.

8. cmdrwillard

cmdrwillard Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 6, 2003
    I would encourage anyone who is going to see this movie to judge it on its own merit, not as a prequel/sequel. I guarntee you will enjoy it more.

9. Oscar_the_Gungan

Jan 1, 2001
    I agree. My take is it could have been lots better but it could have been a lot worse too. I do kind of hope they make another one, cause with all the explanations taken care of in this one, you could really have a pretty action packed film with the second one.

10. Oscar_the_Gungan

Jan 1, 2001
    I just read an article at http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/index.php?Show=2378&Template=newsfull
    where director/writer Paul Anderson discussed the movie.

Supposedly he didn't get final cut on the movie and Fox whittled it down for the PG-13 rating. Anderson said he easn't happy with the cut and an entire subplot was removed. He also said not all the effects were finished and some of the best stuff didn't make it into the movie.
    so its sounding like we will get an unrated director's cut DVD in the future.
    I didn't hate the movie but I have feeling the additions will make the film much better. bring on the DVD!

11. RABIDJAWA

RABIDJAWA Jedi Youngling star 2

May 20, 2002
    Dude, looks like Fox is kinda a pain to work with on these Alien flicks. Now both Anderson and Fincher can attest to that. Makes me more excited for the DVD, though. More gore is always good!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.