main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - ST Awake And Arise (K/J, Finn/Rey) Post-TFA [Ch 9 up 2/21/16!]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Dantana Skywalker, Jan 13, 2016.

1. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    [:D]

I appreciate your story and I appreciate you, Dantana Skywalker.

It makes me very sad to hear/ read this. A community of writers should mean supporting one another and not bashing persons. Giving helpful advice instead of showing off abusive behaviour like it is the case obviously on fanfic.net (as you just corrected me).

"Constructive criticism is one thing", says my husband DarthUncle aloud from the room next door. "It should never should need to decent into personal attacks. For most people writing is already exposing your mind to others. Criticism therefore can feel more personal then it was meant. The effort of sharing a story should always be meet with respect, he continuous saying."

(Actually, he talks so fast that I had trouble typing his words down.)

And thanks to Cowgirl Jedi 1701, master_jade, Falcon and others for giving you a positive feedback and not scorn for having written a story where canon meets legends in an AU.

2. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    It wasn't here that it happened, it was over at the Pit of Voles, aka Fanfiction dot net. And it happened a year ago. I'm a little confused about this story sitting dormant for a year, and suddenly I've got a bunch of people interested in it.

3. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Ah!

And I was already worried that what happened to Hopefulwriter occurred to you, Dantana Skywalker, as well! She had a Han Solo story in here she was forced to re-move and later on was encouraged to re-post.

Normally Briannakin & mavjade do good work as mods here. And do something against a user being bashed.

So I am glad, now that I know more of the background of your story, that it was NOT the JC where it happened.

4. master_jade

master_jade Jedi Master star 2

Jan 27, 2006
    I don't know about the others, but I can explain my "sudden" interest in it.;)

There are a couple of fictional universes that I like very much and always come back to, just... I come back to them interchangeably... The last couple of years I was mostly into Tolkien: I read all the offcial stuff anew, I read and wrote fanfiction, I was active on Tolkien-forums, went to conventions etc.
    This year the piqued interest for Tolkien abated slightly and I'm again more into Star Wars. So I'm rewatching and rereading my favourite stuff, coming back to dicussion forums that I haven't visited for quite a long time (like JC for instance), and looking out for new interesting fan fiction. And when I do look for fan fiction I always look for Kyp and K/J stories, because they're my favourite characters :D
    And You, @Dantana Skywalker, have always been one of my favourite authors and real master of K/J fics.
    Back in 2006-2008 (or something around it) I was reading Your "Like the deserts miss the rain" and other stories (I'm really glad to see that You've updated "Like the deserts..." - I have yet to read and comment it), and now I've found this one which I really, really enjoy.

5. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    I'd like to get back to this one, but the muse has wandered away. I'm planning on finishing "Deserts" eventually. While I'm back into Star Wars fandom (Harry Potter ate my brain for a couple months last year), I'm pretty much up to my eyebrows in RebelCaptain fandom (Jyn/Cassian). I'm considering posting my fic series here, but it would need heavy editing for content.

6. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    I'll never understand attacking other people's work. :mad:Makes me sick! This is a fantastic piece of work, Dantana Skywalker. Very well written. I don't find anyone to be OOC. Love the relationship between Kyp and Jaina.

If you ever decide to come back to this story, you definitely have a reader in me. :)

7. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    Me too!:)

8. darth_treyvah

darth_treyvah Jedi Master star 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Personal attacks on a writer because you don't agree with what they have written is unacceptable and fanfiction.net and other platforms where this occurs need to crack down on that sort of behaviour. You are an excellent writer Dantana Skywalker and you tap into a place in these fics where I want to go: specifically where crossover between the Old and New EUs happen.

You put a nuance into Kyp and Jaina's interactions with Rey, Finn and TFA Leia that I truly appreciate. I hope you will one day continue this fic or, at the very least, continue writing despite the haters as you remember who your lovers and fans are.