main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Awakened (Kyp/OC) -- Completed June 13th

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Ceillean, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    Title: Awakened
    Author: Ceillean
    Characters: Kyp, Liz (OC), Nikk (OC), and a few cameo appearances
    Timeline: somewhere around 15ABY
    Notes: About three or four years ago, I'd already written a story in which Kyp and Liz meet for the first time. Re-reading that story, I thought it was dreadful. Beyond dreadful even. So I thought I'd rewrite the entire thing. It's an entirely new story and I'm much more comfortable with this one. :p

It's the first romance only story I've written for the boards. No bad guys, no action that involves blaster fire and lightsabers. I've actually stuck to the rules of a romance novel. Yes, believe it or not, there are rules. :p

I've truly enjoyed writing this and I hope you'll enjoy reading it. :)

Summary: Jedi Knight Kyp Durron still lives in the darkness that has become his world after the spice mines of Kessel and after the destruction of Carida. Alone in a universe where the majority of people get out of his way, he tries his best to enjoy the freedom he's finally found.

Eliziya, a young Coruscanti native, tries to make a living as an ongoing social worker at Coruscant Medical. Having dealt with a few hardships of her own, she's proud of what she's accomplished and already has plans for her future.

Until that fateful day she meets Kyp Durron and he completely spins her world out of control...

Sounds sappy, doesn't it? :p

[image=http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r296/Ceillean/awakened_cover_2_by_svenjaliv-d39j2hb.jpg]

PM List

[link=http://boards.theforce.net/PrivateMessages/SendMessage.aspx?usr=1140098]Jade_Eyes[/link]
    [link=http://boards.theforce.net/PrivateMessages/SendMessage.aspx?usr=1350503]Kailene[/link]
    [link=http://boards.theforce.net/PrivateMessages/SendMessage.aspx?usr=1301248]Irish_Jedi_Jade[/link]
    [link=http://boards.theforce.net/PrivateMessages/SendMessage.aspx?usr=1329421]Iverna[/link]

Jedi Knight Kyp Durron took another quick look at the large holographic clock that hovered in midair in front of a tall and thick spire jutting out of the middle of a vast meeting area. Surrounding it were countless beings of all shapes and sizes along with a few dozen shops and cafés, and two very popular restaurants that kept showing up on ads all over the planet. The scents around him, scents he couldn?t recognize and some he didn?t [i]want[/i] to recognize, were all but intoxicating.

Kyp sighed. As was common for his best friend, Nikk Vox was late. Thirty minutes late. Sitting on a low bench made out of some expensive glossy material, Kyp couldn?t help but wonder what Nikk had gotten himself into this time. Because even if he ran late, Nikk would usually let him know ? if he wasn?t otherwise?uh? preoccupied, of course.

Perching his elbows atop his knees, he watched as a large fountain spewed colorful water high into the air, lights at the bottom of the marble basin changing its hue every thirty seconds or so. It was a truly beautiful sight, although he thought the pink and blue holographic flitter flies were a little too much.

With another sigh on his lips, Kyp got to his feet and decided to send Nikk a quick message rather than wait until his Lordship thought Kyp worthy of his presence. Thinking not so happy thoughts about his best friend, Kyp rounded a tight corner and jumped down a short flight of stairs before weaving through a throng of people. On an average day he wouldn?t feel comfortable walking through such a vast group of beings, fearing that someone might recognize him. But today he chose to walk the city wearing stylish civilian clothes rather than Jedi robes. He?d even left his lightsaber back in the temporary quarters he shared with Nikk to keep up appearances. For all intents and purposes, he was an average human male out for a stroll.

Kyp wasn?t paying attention as he rounded another corner a bit too fast and suddenly ran headlong into a young woman. She was carrying a stack of data cards and they loudly clattered to the floor in front of her feet.

?Sorry.? Kyp said quickly, crouching low and hurri

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Lovely title and beautiful and sweet beginning. [face_dancing]

I love this pairing to bits. They've really shot to the top of my SW list. [face_love]

Love the instant rapport and attraction between Kyp and Liz.

:)

And the way you describe how each looks to the other and how they feel when the other merely says something or laughs -- *dreamy sigh*

If you're starting a PM list, please put me at the top.

[:D]

3. Kailene

Kailene Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 17, 2009
    * Dreamy sigh *[face_love] You should definetely write straight romance more often, this was just, awwww, I'm all melty inside.

Wonderful, wonderful start. [:D] The details and emotions were excellent.

I adore the title - it says so much about the two of them, especially Kyp.

Put me second on that PM list.

4. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Reading your Dear Diary challenge thread has made me quite curious about Liz and Kyp's past. Looking forward to reading about how it all came to be. :)

5. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    By Force... I think I am a melted puddle of goo. Like seriously, you should do this straight romance stuff more often. And since I have caught up on your Dear Diary challenge, I was actually kinda wondering when and how they met. And wah-lah...here it is!

And suddenly it was like time stood still.

She was beautiful.

Awww...Kyppie. I love how you described both of them from each other's POV. I have to say it was just that much more beautiful.

I love the looks, the blushes, how they are stumbling around each other. Its a no wonder this couple is up there on my list too!

:D=D=

Keep it coming!!!

6. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001

7. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001

8. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001

9. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001

10. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    ?I just have to drop these off at the front desk.? Liz said quietly, smiling as she took the cards from his arms. They stood just outside the entrance of Coruscant Medical Center, off to the side of a set of huge double doors so they wouldn?t be in the way of anyone hurrying in or outside. ?I?ll be right back.?

Kyp breathed in deeply as he watched her go. There were countless beings around the main entrance, some of them eyeing him curiously because he no doubt looked like an idiot. He caught himself grinning and then he chuckled while he shook his head. He?d just met the woman and already he knew he wouldn?t be able to get her off his mind. There was something about her, something that spoke to him on such a deep level?he wasn?t even sure how to describe it.

In the course of his life, Kyp had met many people. Alien as well as human, male as well as female; there had been a few offers from certain individuals along the way but so far Kyp had never been interested in romantic affairs. Foremost on his mind had been to get his life back together, to remember what it was like to live in freedom and finally become something more than a slave trapped within the nightmare that had been the spice mines of Kessel.

Meeting Eliziya had been so unexpected that he couldn?t help the smile that kept tugging at his lips. She seemed so?wonderful.

Get a grip, Durron. You?ve known her for what?thirty minutes?

He raked a hand through his hair and blew out a breath. He had only little experience when it came to women. There was no problem with casual talk. He could talk to almost anyone in a few different languages but there was a difference when the person opposite him simply took his breath away with an exotic beauty. And just like that there was an odd flutter in the pit of his stomach. There weren?t many things in the universe that made Kyp nervous ? hell, he?d seen enough sithspit in the course of his life ? but it seemed that this girl, Eliziya, was definitely a source.

Don?t mess this up.

He thought about Nikk and what his best friend would say to the fact that Kyp had met an apparent decent girl. He had to smile when he imagined Nikk giving him pointers how to woe and be the perfect gentlemen. But Nikk?s pick up tactics were dubious at best.

Kyp dug out his comlink from his pants pocket and frowned at the little metallic apparatus. Nikk had yet to call and in all honesty it had Kyp worried. That the man was late for a meeting or for a date was as normal as sunshine on Tattooine but Nikk always called; it was a general rule.

He flipped open the com link and dialed his friends? frequency. When there was no answer, he tucked the com link back into his pocket, brows pulled into a deep frown.

Kyp smiled when Liz came through the double doors of the Med Center. He shoved the worrying thoughts about Nikk to the back of his mind, telling himself that if something had happened to the man, Kyp would have felt it. They?d been friends ever since they?d trained at the Jedi Academy and they spent most of their time together. Hell, they even shared quarters.

If something had happened, Kyp would know.

Frowning, he held on to that thought as tightly as he possibly could.

?Now that that?s taken care of,? Liz said quietly, ?I was hoping you?d join me for a cup of caf? There?s a place not too far from here. Supposed to be pretty good.?

Kyp inhaled slowly. Force, she was pretty. Especially the way she tilted her head to the side like that. It took him a moment to answer, he was so engrossed by her beauty. And those big brown eyes, so full of curiosity and wonder were sure as hell doing a number on him. He?d be a kriffing idiot to let the invitation pass.

?I would love to join you for a cup of caf.?

Her eyes lit up with the smile that graced her delicate features. She led the way down towards the transport station they?d used to get to the med center. A long pedestrian slidewalk within a transparasteel tube brought them towards the Senate district. The place had gotten its name due to the fact that where

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Great way to start the day -- [face_dancing]

Love Kyp's reflections on his past and how he wants to put it behind him -- but feels it would place a screeching halt to his relationship with Liz before it begins.

Hot chocolate -- definitely suits Liz. :D

Really get the sense of Nikk and Kyp's friendship :)

And tickled that neither Liz or Kyp want to say goodbye earlier than they need to -- a very super sign. [face_dancing]

12. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Especially that funny looking nut cake[face_laugh] Ordering that somewhere must be entertaining.

I mean, in about five minutes they?ll have blasters pointed at my head and then they?ll try to rob me and who knows what else they Uh oh.

Can definitely see why that guy caught your attention. :p

13. Irish_Jedi_Jade

Irish_Jedi_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2007
    Oh! This is adoreable!! I'm not usually a big OC fan...nothing wrong with them, but...yah. Okay taking my foot out of my mouth now ;) Anyways, that's so awesome!!! I'm wondering what will happen when she finally finds out that "Kyp" is really Kyp Durron!! :p I have a feeling she'll take it in stride :D Are you sending out PM's? I'd love to be added to the list if you are!

huggles,
    [face_good_luck] Irish

14. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    Even more mush! Which makes me even more gooey inside!!!

And of course the best friend interrupts... but at least she volunteered to go along!

Cannot wait for more!

15. Ubersue

Ubersue Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 1, 2008
    Ooh! This is my kind of mush. :D And is that story where Kyp and Liz first met the same one I've read? :eek: But I liked that one!

Anyway, I do like the straight-up romance angle here. Your Kyp is charming and Liz is instantly likable. I know that canon/OC romances are supposed to walk a fine line, but as usual I'm totally sold on these two.

I'd ask to be put on the PM list, but I still don't have internet access at home (not for another month at least), so I'll only get to check up on this once in a while when I can... :( oh, well.

16. THE_PIED_PIPER

THE_PIED_PIPER Chapter Rep Knoxville, TN star 4

Jun 8, 2006
    Kyp inhaled slowly. Force, she was pretty. Especially the way she tilted her head to the side like that. It took him a moment to answer, he was so engrossed by her beauty. And those big brown eyes, so full of curiosity and wonder were sure as hell doing a number on him. He?d be a kriffing idiot to let the invitation pass.

This, I really liked. :D Especially the first two sentences. It was just a totally masculine POV and I like that. [face_peace]

Nice casting call for Durron, btw... ;)

You're the master.

Love ya'
    Kick

17. Kailene

Kailene Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 17, 2009
    [image=http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r296/Ceillean/vlcsnap-2010-09-13-22h51m41s168.png]

Alongside Henry Cavill, definately the closest image I've found of a guy who could seriously portray Kyp, imo.

Henry Cavill and Merlin *dreamy sigh* what wonderful images to start my day off with.

This is such fun to read. Love and romance, [face_love] especially the little things that Kyp notices and his POV on things. So sweet.

Gives me that giggly, giddy, schoolgirl feelings of first love.[:D]

18. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001

19. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001

20. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001

21. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001

22. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001

23. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001

24. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001

25. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    Thanks to Maggy for looking this over! [:D] You always make me laugh, you know that? ;)

Her speeder turned out to be a sporty four seater that would undoubtedly make Nikk drool all over the thing. ?My brother gave it to me. My last speeder was falling apart, it was so old. And since Kyrian?s rather protective?? Eliziya said as she unlocked the doors. They swerved upward like wings and she slid in behind the controls. ?He has this thing with speeders and ships. They have to be safe and they have to look nice. As in turn heads kind of nice.?

?And you keep it locked up in storage?? Kyp asked when he settled into the passenger seat.

?Not storage. Just the garage. As I said, traffic drives me nuts. So I hardly use it.?

?When?s the last time you flew??

Liz pursed her lips and gave him a sheepish look. ?About six months ago.?

?Are you sure you can get us there safely? Or should I be worried??

She laughed. ?Shut up.?

?I?m serious. A lot can change in six months. Do you even remember all the traffic signals??

?Do you want to walk?? Her eyes twinkled mischievously.

?I?d rather take my chances with you than have Nikk disembowel me.?

?Don?t worry.? Liz said with a wink. ?I haven?t forgotten how to fly.?

?I truly value my life, Liz.? Kyp said while buckling up and then sliding down into a slouching position. He folded his hands atop his stomach. ?Please don?t hurt the speeder.?

?Stop whining, infant.?

?Infant?? Kyp called out with mock incredulity. ?I?ll have you know that ??

?You like to whine like a baby?? She winked at him as she started the speeder and slowly backed out of the parking space.

Kyp raised his brows, momentarily at a loss for words. She was teasing him. And he kriffing [i]loved[/i] it.

?Are you always like this?? He asked.

?Like what??

?Flippant.?

Her laugh was the loveliest sound he?d ever heard.

Eliziya loved the way Kyp smiled at her, the way he looked at her. It felt like she?d known him for years already. Hard to believe that it had only been a few hours.

She gripped the control column in both hands, the cool leather warming up against her touch. Everything was exactly the way she had left it six months earlier. Clean and polished and it still smelled like red berries. She?d dropped a few in the backseat once and accidently squished them into the seat. Thank the Gods Kyrian hadn?t been around to see it. There would have been a long and tedious speech about vehicle tidiness including a sharp slap to the head.

?Do you have a nav system?? Kyp asked, gesturing to the dashboard.

?Of course.? Liz flipped a switch and a small flat screen slid out of a hidden compartment. A moment later a map of Coruscant showed up on the screen, the highlights of city central marked by little red dots. ?But I won?t need the nav computer.? Liz said, giving him a side long glance.

?The lower levels are pretty vast.?

?Rainbow apartments aren?t all that spread out.? She began, swerving the speeder into a lower lane. ?Although why your friend would go there is beyond me. Pretty nasty place to spend your time.?

Kyp raised his brows. ?And you know this how??

Almost wickedly slow her lips lifted into a smile. ?I grew up with two brothers, Kyp. Our parents were hardly ever home. Take a wild guess what we did in our spare time. I know my way around the planet, believe me.?

Kyp settled back into the seat and looked through the window, smiling slightly. Eliziya watched him from the corner of her eye and couldn?t help but admire his handsomeness yet again. She wondered what his hair would feel like, if it was really as soft as it looked. Would his lips be soft if she touched them? Gods, what would it feel like to kiss him?

Eliziya frowned at her own thoughts. For crying out loud, she?d just met the guy and already she was fantasizing about kissing him?

[i]You?re crazy.
    [/i]
    Taking a ride with a stranger in her speeder ? [i]alone ?[/i] was a thing she would usually [i]never[/i] do either. But on a level she couldn?t explain, she trusted him. Maybe she was being blinded by her sudden and confus