main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Awarding XP in Starwars Saga Edition

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by AlphaDroid, Sep 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlphaDroid

AlphaDroid Jedi Youngling

Sep 30, 2009
    :confused:
    Hi to all you helpful people out there. I tried searching on the forum for an answer to this but couldnt find anything, sorry if it has already been asked.

In the Saga Rulebook it gives XP awards for the PCs, I have a problem trying to understand it.
    For example if my PC group of 4 level7 players fight and defeat 10 CL1 stormtroopers,
    do they receive XP calculated by totalling the CLs of the defeated foes, ie CL10, meaning they receive 2000 group xp,
    OR,
    is the XP award equivilant to 10 CL1s which would only be 200 group xp as there is more than 5levels difference between them and each enemy.
    I have read the rules quite a few times and to be honest I just cannot make sense from the wording.
    Any help appreciated.

Thanks

AlphaD

2. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    In terms of combat, XP is awarded by the encounter, not individual opponents. You kind of average the CL of the encounter. Add the CL and divide it by three and round it down.

So, ten CL 1 stormies would be a CL 3 and have a XP level of 600. But that's for everyone in the group as thye get a portion of the XP depending on how they went, which is why for bigger groups the CL of the encounter needs to be higher so there's more of a share.

The GM's chapter goes into this.

And so does this, a bit.

3. AlphaDroid

Sep 30, 2009
    I see. I thought that the adding up of the levels and dividing by 3 was just to see if the encounter would be a challenge to the PCs, didnt realise it carried on to the experience awards. The GM section doesnt really explain that too well.
    Anyway, thanks for that info. At least it clarifies things now.
    AlphaD

4. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    I was a little confused at first as well, but it is explained as the CL of the encounter determines how much XP.

5. AlphaDroid

Sep 30, 2009
    Once again, thanks for explaining that. Now I just have to explore the rest of the book and play a few games to see if I need help with anything else.
    Many many thanks.
    AlphaD

6. AlphaDroid

Sep 30, 2009
    Hi everyone,

I have been reading thouroughly through the GM section on experience awards. Once again I cannot see anywhere in it that it says you divide the total challenge level by 3 to get the challenge level for awarding xp. Then I decided to go through any errata that has been published and rule clarifications. Once again I found nothing. So is this dividing by 3 actually correct or is it a GM house rule that you have made? Sorry for not taking you at your word but I think it would be easier to propose this change to my players if it was clarified or noted somewhere.
    Thanks again.

AlphaD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.