main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Awards Awards 2015? Survey/Vote

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Jan 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    It's a, 'we're going to wait and see if a few more people chime in', but in all likely a yes.

AzureAngel2 and Chyntuck like this.
  2. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    I can help, if you need it. I love the awards. If it takes too long just let people post a link and do away with the quotes. What is the longest, time consuming part of the awards when running it? Maybe we can streamline it more.

AzureAngel2, Chyntuck and jcgoble3 like this.
  3. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    I really don't mind doing them, even though it is time consuming (we joke about hating them, mostly I think because it's a time honored mod tradition. From way back in the FanFic mod board they are called the Aw*rds, like they are a bad word, but it's done in jest). I think Bri put it the best when she said it was disheartening when not a lot of people participate. When more people participate it's more work, but it feels like it's more worth it.

Honestly I think the most time consuming part is the double checking, because I refuse not to double check for something like this. Other than that, there isn't one part that's more time consuming than anything else. The excerpts (which I think is what you mean by quotes) is probably the least time consuming part, it's mostly copy paste.

AzureAngel2, Kahara and Chyntuck like this.
  4. SabyneAmberle

SabyneAmberle Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 16, 2004
    I'm not sure how, but I'd be glad to lend a hand if I can.

AzureAngel2, Kahara and Chyntuck like this.
  5. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    As Mav said, we joke about awards, but it's not that bad, just tedious sometimes. However, on the plus side, this year we can reuse most of the posts from last year (and just use good old copy and paste), so it's not like we are starting from scratch like last year.

Mav and I will have to talk about how or if we want volunteers. We, by no means, want to make this some closed-off secretive thing with allegations of mod interference/rigging (there was some mega drama in that in the past, thus why it was handed to volunteers). But we do have our fanfic mod board to prep all this stuff and we developed a system and we will probably just reuse all the prep stuff, as well as the final stuff you guys see. However, there might be a way to get volunteers to help double check stuff in terms of the PMs. Mav and I will talk about that (we would like to get some of the policy stuff sorted before turning to the awards).

Plus I just like leaving mav dirty notes and swearing at her, just to see if she's reading closely (I don't, but I should [face_devil])

6. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    I'm happy to help too -- like, I dunno, I could make an index or something :p -- as long as it's not between 16-26 February. And I'll contribute a fic-gift to the awards.

7. Space_Wolf

Space_Wolf Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2007
    The participation could be a reflection of the activity on the boards. In the old days, it was a big event on here and we even had a separate awards for oc centric stories. I suggest waiting to see if the new films bring in a surge of new writers and hopefully, bring a lot of the old writers back.

8. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard FFoF Artist Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Nov 22, 1999
    I can help, too. If you thought anyone would want it, I would contribute an original "My Little Star Wars" drawing as a prize.

AzureAngel2, Kahara and Ewok Poet like this.
  9. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Thanks everyone for offers of prizes and help! As Bri said, we'll have to figure out how we may need volunteers, we'll let you know more when we get things a little more figured out.

It certainly is a factor and we knew things were going to be small, we had just hoped for a bit more. And yeah, hopefully more writers will come here as we get closer to The Force Awakens. :)

AzureAngel2 and Nyota's Heart like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.