Awards/banquet pre production thread - Program outline

Discussion in 'NE Fanforce Awards Forum' started by strawbary, Mar 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    I just got done watching the video from last years awards. I will say as fun as it was last year we really need to improve on alot ;) (ok well I do ) LOL everyone else was great! :)

The main goal of this thread is to have a breakdown of who is doing what during the awards.
    Soon to follow will be the program outline.

For now I will just make a few observations regarding the video.
    Im super grateful we have a projector again this year..... The table we used for this was great .. the only thing I realy noticed that appeared annoying (besides my babble) was I had to walk in front of the projector alot to get to the laptop. To fix this I will have minimal time at the podium.

So, this year, Since Meriwyn is coming and Im hoping we have volunteers again this year to announce, I would like to really stay as more behind the scenes and run the laptop and have someone assigned to the lights and cueing guests and entertainment.

This way whoever is "hosting" can concentrate on hosting and technical issues can be focused on.
    I believe this will cut down on the lag in between slideshows, performances and make a much more tighter show.
    My concern is last years awards were pretty rowdy and a few people we just shouting regardless of who was speking, performing etc. LOL I know it will happen, but for sanity sake I think we need to assign roles as far as that goes.

The program will be outlined here with everyones time slots so you know when u will need to be ready etc.

Do I have any volunteers to present awards this year?

I need someone to run lights
    Somone to cue guests and to make sure they are all set in the wings.
    We will need people this year to make sure the doors are not open and guests are not allowed in until we are all set to go.
    (security)

I think we should have a table set out in front of the doors to registration, payment, raffle stuff etc.
    Greencat didnt you mention you were doing something like that?

Any other issues we need to address please post in here. Post if you want to volunteer for anything and what costume if any you would wear to present. I dont think its an issue to wear a costume this year unless you want to :)

2. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    ok - I have gone over the program outline and with the fanfilms we are at 114 min thats giving the announcers 3 min from start to finish announceing winners people coming up etc. We have a 15 min intermission so with technical difficulties and nonsense we are looking at a 2 hr show. *sighs*

so, as long as we dont make any more additions please ;) we are all set with the show.
    I will fine tune it this weekend regarding posting announcers schedule entertainment etc.

At least its done thats all I can say ;) Im at work tody writing the slideshow in powerpoint right now where the winners names are announced on the big screen. Of course I dont have all the winners yet but I can at least get the foundation done.

I am working on the brochures this week too, I cant use the same format as last year since we have a larger show with more awards so it wont all fit ;)So if anyone has any expertise in those let me know. I need a quick hand holding so I can print this up at work ;)

Hope this update helps encourage everyone and to ensure them things are on schedule and doing fine! Whoot!
  3. BobaChris12 NE RSA & Buffalo, NY CR

Manager
    star 9
    The only thing we'll need to add would be a presentation of some sort to Peter Mayhew if he comes. I have another email out and still waiting.

He's already a member of The North Ridge, but what about an honorary member of FF as a whole? I'm trying to come up with something just in case he comes. Either that, or we can ask him to present the Chewie Award?
  4. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    I hate to ask him to present. However maybe we can ask him to go up for a pic with the winners for that category?
    I dunno....

I think if he does show, ithorian wrote a parody about a wookie so maybe we can con him into singing it live for us?

Either way yes he should have a FF trophiy/plaque.... I will leave that up to you.
    I do know he loves Dr pepper so make sure you bring a 6 pack to the con !! LOL you can also have some on his table to drink when he is there ;) I will bring some a well. LOL

just remind your members no autographs will be given during the evening. ;)
  5. BobaChris12 NE RSA & Buffalo, NY CR

Manager
    star 9
    Defintiely!!
  6. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    ok pittsburgh has something planned for peter during the dinner portion of the awards. We wont know till fri eve is matt wood can come or not.

I also have some special items for our guests. Should be fun.

I will post the updated and final layout of the show tonight once Im finished re-editing. Please print out a copy for yourself to bring to the show otherwise I will have copies for everyone at 5 pm on sat.

its running at 2 hrs and thats a tight 2 hours so....... expecting delays we may hit 2.5 ........as long as its a fun night and everyone seems good with it it shouldnt be an issue :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.