Awards being awarded

Discussion in 'NE Fanforce Awards Forum' started by greencat336, Jan 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    Okay, as per request, stickying the following in every NE forum:

The annual NE Fan Force awards are coming up soon, and we're looking for entries in the fanfic catagory, which Starbary has asked me to take charge of. Rules are as follows:

li]Fics must conform to TF.N rules about fanfic, which can be found here.[/li]

• Fics must be emailed to NYCitygurl at nycitygurl08@yahoo.com as a Word document attachment by March 15.

• Fics should not be more than 10,000 words in length.

• Fics must be original to the author, who must credit any other person from whom the fic author has borrowed material.

• Fics may have been previously posted on the internet. A fic does not have to have been written with the past year.

• Authors must be a member of a North East Region FanForce. When the fic is submitted, the author must include which NE Fanforce she/he belongs to and their screenname.

• Fics will be judged by RSAs and a panel of FanFiction moderators.

• Fics will be posted on the North East Region discussion board.

• If you have any questions, feel free to post here in the thread or PM me.

_______

I'll screen them, and if I find any that I'm not totally sure about, I'll ask the fanfic mods. All entries will be posted in the invisionfree awards board under 'judging: fanfics' and I'll come up with a scoring system. I'll ask each judge to score every piece and post in that piece's thread, then tally the scores.
  2. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    I want to add they must be a confirmed member of a NE Fanforce ;)
  3. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    Authors must be a member of a North East Region FanForce. When the fic is submitted, the author must include which NE Fanforce she/he belongs to and their screenname.
  4. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
  5. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    Question (though I know you won't be around this weekend): how many entries can each person submit? I got a questoin about it from someone, who has sent me three. Is there a limit?
  6. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Hmmmmmmmm. We didn't set one, so it seems to me that there isn't one. Perhaps next year, we should.
  7. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    we can set a limit at any time. what have u done in the past with other fanfic contests?
  8. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    For the SFFBC writing contests (which are original fiction) we say only one entry per person. For the fanfic awards, it's a lot different--every piece is nominated by someone and then voted on by everyone; there are a ton of catagories (drama, epic, best character, etc.). For the actual judged fanfic contests, only one entry per person. So judged contests usually only have one, but I'm fine either way. So far I've only gotten the entries from one person.
  9. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    I think we should keep it to one IMO
  10. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Well, that settles that. NYgurl, will you go add the addedum to the post about only one entry per person?
  11. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
  12. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    Sadly, I think that I've only gotten two fanfic entries :( I'll let them go a little over the date, but this weekend or next week I'm going to post the entries in the awards board and ask the judges to jst pick their faavorite.
  13. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    thats fine , just have the judges PM me the winner as this wont be revealed until the awards ceremony ;) YOu can post an extension on it if you like, thats ok :)
  14. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    I ordered the engraving today and for the 30th anniversary I changed the font color and name plate. I hope it doesnt bite me in the arse ;)

the plates are gold this year with black lettering. Should look pretty cool :)
    *fingers crossed*
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.