main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*Awesome Challenge Centre* {New Challenge: page 10!}

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Courtney_Solo, Aug 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Courtney_Solo

Courtney_Solo Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    [image=http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c230/starwarsfreak1993/SWEET.jpg]
    Welcome to the *Awesome Challenge Centre*
    I am the administrator of this facility (thread), Courtney_Solo.
    I hope you enjoy your visit.
    Links to my fics, vignettes, websites, and other little extras are in my bio.

OK, here's the deal:

2. 1st Challenge, YAY!

3. (1) Jaina Solo MUST be working on a project, scientific, ship-wise, repairing, anything like that.

(2) She must be covered in some sort of substance when she appears in your entry.

(3) You can use any characters you want to, I'm basically giving you room to roam. :D

(4) BUT you must use these words/phrases:
    Help
    Kriff
    Bucket
    Wookiee
    NO Way!
    I can't believe I'm doing this...

4. 2nd Challenge | page 2

5. Anakin and Tahiri, in a nursery BABYSITTING!

Yes, you read right.

There are no rules accept: NO CURSING!

No required words or phrases 'cept:

Ewww!

6. 3rd Challenge | page 2

7. Jaina,Jag,Kyp and Zekk... what will they be talking about? Hmmm....

Words you must use:

Ick.
    What could have possessed you to say that?
    You're so weird.
    No, I'm frenetic.

8. 4th Challenge | page 2

9. This entry must star Han and Leia. SOMEONE has invaded the Milenium Falcon!
    Han's not to calm, and Leia's about to blow her top, next Anakin and Tahiri bring startling news.

What will happen?

10. 5th Challenge | page 3

11. (1) Someone has hi-jacked the Falcon

(2) Han questions every single person he knows

(3) The Falcon turns up, pretty banged up, YOU explain how.

12. 6th Challenge | page 3

13. Anakin and Tahiri are on Myrkr. Anakin is dying.
    Tahiri should NOT be as annoying as she is in SbS, please.
    Give me some A/T MuSh!

Required Words/Phrases:

I love you.
    kiss
    Wait for me. (<-- optional)

14. 7th Challenge | page 4

15. Write a vignette with a song performed by your favorite band!

You can use any of the following pairings ...

Anakin/Tahiri
    Jag/Jaina
    Jaina/Zekk
    Kyp/Jaina
    Han/Leia
    Jacen/Tenel Ka
    Kyp/Danni

Anakin/Padm`e
    Obi-Wan/Padm`e

16. THE ULTIMATE CHALLENGE | page 5

17. THIS CHALLENGE ENDS MAY 30th!

Judges:
    mastermeg_0228
    Lola64
    Aiden_Sanic
    Leia_of_Alderaan

Entries:

18. Jaina Solo & Jagged Fel

19. (1) A Choice Changed by Kissa
    (2) Doubleback by RX_Sith

20. Jaina Solo & Zekk

21. (1) Stranger Than Fiction by emeral

22. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005
    I think I have a fic that fits already. I love Jaina!

23. BigFatty

BigFatty Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2005
    Hmmm.... [face_thinking] This is supposed to be my week of from writing due to the GRE, but this has certainly spawned plot bunnies.

24. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    *evil cackle* I will enjoy watching THIS spawn. ;) I didn't mean that the way it sounded... :D *runs away*

25. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Oooh. Good idea. Hmmm, I may come up with something. The bunnies are really attacking this month.

26. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    I agree! I'm already dying to make the creeiest fic ever this month...hmmm...maybe next month. :D ;)

27. goddess45

goddess45 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2005
    I heart plot bunnies!!! I'll have to try this!!

edit: when is this due by just post it up on this forum when it's done or is there a specific deadline??

28. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    goddess45: I am glad you want to participate!

There is NO deadline. I want the funniness to least as long as anyone wants to enter!

I hope to see some hilarious entries!

@};- Courtney @};-

29. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Fun, I'll do this soon.

30. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    Yeah! *watches 4 1st post*

31. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    *still watches for the 1st post* hehehehe.... Can't wait! [face_devil]

32. goddess45

Jun 17, 2005
    almost done!! gotta spell check it and eveything tho

33. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    OK! *bites nails in anticipation*

34. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    I really need to remember to do this. :p

35. goddess45

Jun 17, 2005
    And we have the first story!!!!!

Clawcraft Mishap
    genre- comedy (obviously cause it's bloopers)
    main character(s)- Jaina
    timeframe- post njo (but i guess you could fit it in anywhere)
    summary- Jaina beomes curious one day and causes on big mess.

A/N- No real point just hilarity. My comp crashed and i lost the original one so i had to re-type it (my reason for taking so long). Not beta read cause it's just for fun! It's short and it's got some comedy in it so enjoy!!

Clawcraft Mishap

------->

Lobacca the wookie had left for Kashyyyk, Kyp was on the other side of the galaxy, and Jag, her boyfriend was in a meeting for the Chiss which left Major Jaina Solo sat perched on top of Jag Fel?s clawcraft. While Jag was in his meeting for the Chiss, Jaina decided it would be a good idea to tinker around in his clawcraft. She wasn?t doing this without permission of course. She had asked, there was just the small tiny detail of getting an answer that was left out. It wasn?t as if something could go wrong. Never mind. she silently added me being me anything could go wrong. It wasn?t likely though. Jaina, like her father, was a wiz at mechanics. She could fix her x-wing with her eyes closed if she had to and the fact that she had the force on her side helped a lot too. She reached out with the force. In the back of her mind she could just hear Jacen scolding her for such trivial use of the Force. She pulled out the hydrospanner and set to work on taking apart the wing of the clawcraft. She still had a good three and a half hours to mess up and then put everything back together if something happened. She set to work.

About a half hour into her fiddling with the wing, Cappie rolled into the private Twins Suns hanger bay. He came to the base of the clawcraft and whistled something to Jaina. ?What! The meeting was postponed? Not good. not good.? Before she realized what she was doing she twisted her hand, which was still holding onto the hydro-spanner. It caused one of the bolts to come loose releasing a bluish brownish substance all over her and most of the clawcraft. Fortunately the canopy was closed. ?Oh kriff, this is not going to come out of his shirt.? She tried without prevailing, to fix the screw, which was the cause of the current mess. ?Come on. Come on! Please turn back.? Still proving non-effective, she hopped off the wing and to the hanger floor , almost fell over a bucket lying on the ground, and ran under the ship for protection from the rainstorm of blue-brown liquid. Pulling out her comm. link, she typed in Jacen?s call code, who was currently at her and Jag?s apartment. She needed him to stall for her. She couldn?t let Jag see that she messed up his clawcraft. ?Jace? Jag?s meeting was postponed for some reason ?

?And?? He paused ?What did you do??

?Well I kind of messed something up and I uh?need you to keep him from coming to find me. Or um tell him I went out and I?m walking around Mon Cal and I?ll be back later.? Jaina said taking things off the top of her head.

?You know Jaina it?s not good to lie to your boyfriend. It won?t go over well for your relationship.? Jacen said in his, as Jaina called it, ?Uncle Luke voice?.

?Ok Jace, I know you?re trying to help but in no way am I going to let Jag know I broke his clawcraft.? She realized what she said and silently cursed in her head. oh shavit

?You broke his clawcraft?!? Jacen asked, shocked. ?I didn?t think it was possible for you to break something. What did you do??

?That?s the problem I don?t really know. I?ve never worked on it before so I don?t know. I have to find Shawnkyr or someone who knows how to work a clawcraft.?

?I?ll keep him at bay as long as I can but if it comes to a point he wants to leave I won?t object. I do not want to be the cause of major marriage problems later.? Jacen said over the comm.

?Thanks Jace. I?ll ask Wedge to help me He can fix pretty much anything."

?We

36. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    goddess45 [face_laugh] That was cute.

37. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    [face_laugh] OMG! That was hilarious! [face_laugh]

Great job goddess45!

38. BigFatty

BigFatty Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2005
    Just leaving a note to say mine is finished and has just been sent of for beta. I'll post it up and leave a link here once I have it back.

39. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    Alright! *waites for next shorty*

40. goddess45

Jun 17, 2005
    yay a new story!!! I can't wait!

41. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    *and waits* It's comin'! :D

42. correllian_ale

correllian_ale Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    Wait no more!

Here's my response to your challenge Courtney_Solo!

Cool challenge to dive into. :D

Re-Connecting With Family

43. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    goddess45, great story! I got a teeny bit confused when i missed Jag turning up, as I wondered why Jaina was telling Wedge his ship was spraying coolant. But went back and resolved my error.

Very coherent tale, utilising jaina's engineering hobby, and her relationship with her brother.

44. Trepidation

Trepidation Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 3, 2005
    Title: The ?Hole? Truth
    Characters: Jaina; Lowbacca; Jag

?How am I supposed to know what it is??

Lowbacca tilted his head and scratched just above his ear in contemplation. A half hearted bellow followed by an expression that Jaina had seen before, didn?t raise her confidence in his suggestion.

?No way!? She replied instantly when the Wookiee?s expression decayed into something that could only be described as malicious. ?You have no idea what you?re talking about, do you??

The Wookiee roared indignantly, and the immediate offense trailed off as Jaina caught the amusement in his features. He put both furry paws over his eyes and walked purposely into the pink, dripping wall of the coral frigate. He bounced off the wall and did it again for effect.

?Ok, ok, I get the picture. This whole exercise has us feeling our way around. But, look at this thing.? She said while rubbing her hand over the circumference of the opening. ?I?m not sticking my hand in there until I know what part of the anatomy I?m dealing with.?

Lowbacca shrugged and turned about to return to the villips he had strewn about the floor of the hold.

Jaina let loose with a *guffaw* as Lowbacca started making sounds with his mouth that sounded remarkably similar to a rancor passing wind.

?I know you are trying to be amusing, but that?s just the possibility that has me apprehensive.? She said while trying to keep the laughter out of her voice. ?If I had any desire to be a proctologist I would have spent more time with Master Cilghal.?

Jaina caught Lowbacca?s response as she bent in for a closer look at the opening.

?Yes, Lowie, or a politician.? She chuckled. ?Ten credits if you repeat that to my mother.?

Just as Jaina had resigned herself to the eventuality that there were no alternatives, she felt the presence of the Wookiee just behind her. She could hear him chuckling under his breath.

?What?? She said with a smile. Lowie was a born instigator, and this had malevolency written all over it.

The Wookie made an effort to verbalize his thoughts, but couldn?t recover immediately from what promised to be an entertaining suggestion. With some effort, the bellows and chortles that followed put them both into a stroke of hilarity.

?Oh, that would be a nasty thing to do. Cruel even. Perhaps wrong altogether.? She laughed. ?Do you think he?ll show up any time soon??

Jaina watched the mountain of fur roll his eyes.

?What?s that supposed to mean?? She said with mock offense knowing full well that the arrogant Chiss pilot had made it a point to stop by the Frigate each of the last three days without fail.

Lowbacca placed both paws over his chest, tilted his head, batted his eyes, and made a puckering face with his lips and proceeded to make loud kissing sounds in response.

?Nuh uh, not going to happen. I wouldn?t even do it on a dare.? She said with serious bravado. ?You kiss that one and he?ll end up critiquing it for aptitude and style.?

The Wookiee responded by snickering and continued to make kissing noises as he returned to the villips. Jaina sighed while taking another look at the opening. She took a look at her, already, dirtied jump suit that was covered in the goop from her day's experimentation on the Frigate and sighed at the destined path.

?Kriff?I can?t believe I?m doing this.? She said to herself as she rolled up her sleeves and moved closer to the fissure. She didn?t miss the movement behind her. ?You know, if you were any kind of friend, you would offer to do this for me.?

?If I were any kind of friend, I would tell you to stop dissecting this giant snail and take you for a nice cup of caf? and a breath of fresh air.? Came the unexpected voice. ?Despite your overtures to the contrary, however, I merely come to visit out of my sadistic tendencies.?

Jaina turned in surprise to see Colonel Jagged Fel standing behind her with no visible emotion on his face. An eyeb

45. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    [face_laugh] Awesome shories corellianale and Trepidation !!!

This is so cool! I'm loving how everyone has their own style! :D

~Courtney~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.