main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Awesome moments in otherwise terrible episodes?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Tick, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Solo McLeod

Solo McLeod Jedi Youngling

Jan 22, 2014
    Imps from Heroses 5 shwing up in the Mortis arc. Good memories.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012
    I thought Ima-Gun Di's last stand was by far the only good part about "Supply Lines"

Circular Logic, Seerow and Revanfan1 like this.
  3. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    We all knew he was gonna die just by his name alone :p

TKT likes this.
  4. Theo333

Theo333 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2011

Why do they have to ruin the mood with his silly name? It's like nicknaming Boromir or Obi-Wan with a pun involving death, then having the gall to play up what happens seriously.

"Senate Murders" had Tan Divo. Glorious Tan Divo.

"Clone Cadets" and "ARC Troopers" had 99.

Cevan, Revanfan1 and Darth Valkyrus like this.
  5. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Jar Jar was tolerable bordering on hilarious throughout the series compared to his antics in TPM. Then again I haven't seen his TCW episodes that many times compared to TCW.
    Threeso was a great nickname.

6. Mr. Atom Bomb

Mr. Atom Bomb Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    In Brothers:
    "Through victory my chains are broken- the chains... the chains are the easy part, it's what goes on in here that's hard."

I still think the decision to revive Maul was a stupid one, and Brothers is absolutely one of my least favorite episodes, but even I have to admit spiderman insanely spouting bits of the sith code was pretty neat.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  7. Embomania

Embomania Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 2, 2013
    I'm rather surprised by which episodes were unpopular.

And while the Droids arc wasn't the best, I actually enjoyed WAC besides the first half of the first episode. He was just dumb in the beginning.

I will say this about that arc; it's more important to the overall story than people might realize. The Jedi organizing this secret mission without anyone else knowing led to further stripping of control from the Jedi Council and more power to Palpatine. So even though it's not the best, it plays it's part in the overall arc of the show. And that's all you can really hope for at the end of the day.

8. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2013

Are you Dave Filoni? ;)

Embomania and The Shadow Emperor like this.
  9. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I like a few unpopular episodes and hate a few popular ones but that arc just was not entertaining at all.

I do think it might have been better received if it had been the standalone episode Missing in Action.

10. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Actually, there's a good bit of interesting truth to what Embomania's saying. As much as we deride the Droid arc as a disaster of a string of episodes, the events depicted in those episodes is a significant in-universe disaster, as well. Instead of deploying military assets like a commando squad, or intelligence assets like the Null ARCs, to recover the CIS encryption module, the Jedi decide that a secret undertaking by a group of droids operating under the oversight of an untested and ill-prepared superior officer, is the better way to go about accomplishing their task. This endeavor proves an utter failure whose near wholesale bungling results in the destruction of a valuable warship, as well as the additional near destruction of the Valor spacestation and the resultant deaths of everyone on board. Disaster was only averted by the merest shred of dumb luck, with an emphasis on dumb.

And this does not go unnoticed in-universe. In perhaps Filoni's most clever move to date, he made this awful series of episodes mean something with the release of this communique between Admiral Tarkin and Chancellor Palpatine:
    [​IMG]

These implications implicitly tie in the events of the Droid arc with previously established canon that showed Palpatine's consolidation of power over the Republic and its military, primarily with the Enhanced Security and Enforcement Act. Repeatedly amended as the Senate pushed more an more authority upon the office of the Chancellor, by the time of Revenge of the Sith, Palpatine's able to legally assert his authority as Supreme Commander over both the Grand Army and the Jedi Order itself. Incidents such as these pushed the Senate to enact these measures to give more power to their "open, honest, and thoughtful" leader who takes them all "reluctantly," while reigning in the Jedi mavericks that get cruisers blown up for nothing, keep losing their members to the dark side, and under whose leadership the Republic's victory seems uncertain. As entertainment, the Droid arc is certainly dubious, but as a contributing part of Star Wars canon, the episodes do hold some notable merit.

11. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I thought of something else, not a "moment" per se:

The score in The Wrong Jedi was awesome, and so was Anakin.

12. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    I actually love that arc, but yeah. The banter is definitely one of the reasons why.

Kenobi: I thought I'd take a cue from Anakin and disobey orders.
    Anakin: Hey!

13. Embomania

Embomania Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 2, 2013
    You ar
    You articulated that so much better than I could ever have!

Contessa, Revanfan1 and Mia Mesharad like this.
  14. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    You know, I saw the previews for the droid arc and thought, oh, this must be something that requires droids, like they have to access a droids-only computer system, or something like that. That must be it! Surely the Jedi can't be dumb enough to–and then I watched the episode. Oh, you mean they are dumb enough to send droids on an Intel mission? Really? Okay, then. At least there's a commando later in this arc; I'll stick with it.

Honestly Gregor (and the beautiful explosion of the Star Destroyer) were the only real redeeming points in the arc. In reality, Gregor should've been part of a full squad and the arc should have been about them stealing...whatever it was Gascon and the droids stole, I can't even be bothered to remember...instead of an arc about a PIT DROID and a LITTLE FROG!

Contessa likes this.
  15. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Jan 6, 2013
    it was a McGuffin. :cool:

Revanfan1 likes this.
  16. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    Just imagine if rather than the droids, we got the story of how Gregor got to that planet. That big battle he mentioned. Or at the least, take this storyline and replace it with Republic Commandos. Imagine the bickering between the Commandos when they are out in the desert, trying to escape the planet, taking on a ship full of droids. So much potential there! Now THAT would be entertaining. But it had to be droids....had to be droids and that meddling mini-frog man too!

Revanfan1 and Mia Mesharad like this.
  17. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Shadow Warrior, bad episode overall but with some great little moments.

Jar Jar face to face with Grievous played up on both characters perfectly. Grievous' pantomime villain over the topness and Jar Jar just being Jar Jar was in my mind one of the funniest moments in the series and have watched that episode since just for this. Best use of Binks yet.

The yellow Magna Guards in the secret lab, super sinister looking and Dooku at his finest (the way he stabs the witch doctor then brushes off his vest is pure dismissive evil :) )

Gungans take down Grievous.

Iron_lord and cwustudent like this.
  18. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Jan 6, 2013

No. I know this is your opinion and everything - but there is nothing about that episode that is good. fact. ;)

Heero_Yuy likes this.
  19. DeviantSpirit

DeviantSpirit Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    Hey, hearing the Planet Core soundtrack from Phantom Menace was pretty cool :)

20. Mr. Atom Bomb

Mr. Atom Bomb Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    In Assassin (not terrible, just sort of okay)- Ahsoka getting shot was pretty marvelous :p

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  21. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Aurra Sing's pistol looked like it did more damage to her than the heavy gunship-mounted cannon in Tipping Points. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

22. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Sing overcompensates...a lot.

23. Tick

Tick Jedi Youngling

Feb 7, 2013
    Well, thank you for all the answers. I also thought of another one myself:

Obi-Wan's duel against the Zabrak brothers in Revival. Bringing Maul back is still stupid, and I can't say I care for Savage either, but anything that shows Obi-Wan as a really great Jedi is fine by me.

24. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I'd have to look up the grade I gave Revival but I do remember the best part being Obi-Wan kicking ass.