main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Edmonton Awesome Movie. My rating 4 outta 5 read for Details!

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by GuardianWatcher, May 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GuardianWatcher

GuardianWatcher Jedi Youngling

May 8, 2002
    DO NOT READ MY FEEDBACK OF THE MOVIE UNLESS YOU HAVE SEEN THE MOVIE, SPOILERS INCLUDED.

Well I must say I was IMPRESSED!

Ok here is my detailed review.

Story Line: 5/5

The story kept true to everything it was supposed too. Everything from the Romance of Ani and Amidala to Anikins temptation to the dark side. You can truly see the creation of the Dark Empire being born, everything from the Storm Troopers (Clone Troopers) to the early day Empire Symbol on all the ships, you can really see how everything is unfolding.

Script: 1 / 5

Really lacked depth and details, I found the foreshadowing a little over board, Once was cute but every 30 seconds was just too much. Basically using the same phrases in this movie as they did on all the others, Han Solo's Coined phrase, " I got a bad feeling about this" used by anikin. All in all I am sure if you?re an avid fan you picked up on this as well. And what was with the pod racer game in that club?

Set Design: 4 / 5

Well done I must say, it was nice to see Uncle Owens place again. Not to mention everything that came to life, they really did do a good job on the movie.

Effects:

5 / 5

The best I have ever seen. The fights with the Jedi's was overwhelming I was like a 5 year old clinching my popcorn watching stuff fly everywhere! Blasters and Light Sabers, I always felt there was never Enough Light Saber Action in the films, however this fulfilled that dream. The kids training as Luke did was terrific, I thought it was cool to see all the little light sabers!

And lastly probably the most controversial part of the movie: The Yoda Duel

I give it a 3.5 /5

I have always wanted to see yoda kick some ass, and this scene shows just that, however I did expect yoda to have a little more power with the force than he did, I thought they would have more of a force fight than a light saber Fight. Shooting Lightning back at each other and doing other things other than pulling power lines off walls as you see in the Vader / Luke Duel. You think they could do more than that, but Ill take it! Ohh and a personal message to George, YOU NEED TO SLOW YODA DOWN =) He was moving that little ass way too fast, granted he is the most powerful master Jedi, a little old man shouldn?t move that fast. Id a bought into it a little more if it didn?t look like a monkey flying around with a flashlight. Still though a very good scene.

OVERALL>

I have to say I was very happy with the movie. I liked it allot better than Phantom. Can't wait to see what they do with it b4 A new Hope is supposed to of Happened.

Did anyone else notice that at the wedding Amidala is showing pregnant?

Sincerely, Chris - GW of leduc Alberta!

2. major_jedi_failure

major_jedi_failure Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2002
    i think the movie is the best one of the five, and i believe that ep 3 will be the best of all ,mainly because it's going to answer so many of the questions that people have had over star wars for a long time.

is she pregnant? hard to see while she's in that white lace dress. are you absolutley sure of that? didn't mention anything like that in the books, or the script at aldera.net

3. GuardianWatcher

May 8, 2002
    Absoulutly Posisitve that it showed her stomache and a nice buldge, mayby whe was just having a bad week in real life and retaining water. But I can say they panned slowly on her tummy and there was for sure a buldge, one that was not there during the battle while she was wearing the white tank top.

4. major_jedi_failure

major_jedi_failure Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2002
    great. now i gotta go watch the movie again.

5. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    I think they were just focusing on Anakin's new hand?

6. GuardianWatcher

May 8, 2002
    Ok just watched the movie again, Its hard to see if its exactly her tummy thats buldging or just wind blowing the fress out, Indy id right, they do show his hand in the same scene as the pan up, but that just makes sense, the start of vader and luke............

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.