main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Awesome site

Discussion in 'Archive: Fan Sites' started by MrSuezo, Aug 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrSuezo

MrSuezo Jedi Youngling

Aug 15, 2005
    I just found the greatest Star Wars site ever, I can't believe i wasted so much of my life getting info from anywhere else. I felt like such a star wars n00b. Anyone who doesn't go to www.supershadow.com is a n00bzor as well.

SuperShadow even e-mailed me that if I agreed to go under his ritual of soul acquisition. I might have a spot in the coming trilogy. THAT's RIGHT THER WILL BE A NEW STAR WARS TRILOGY!!!!!11!!1!
    anyways come to supershadow.com and you may be as lucky as i was.

EDIT: Not only is this thread filled with flames, but this is not a topic we need to discuss right here.

2. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    Fixed it for you!

3. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    Where is bac when you need him? :(

4. ScaPaCamem

ScaPaCamem Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2003
    Man I hope this is a joke. Supershadow is a complete liar. Come on man use your brain.

5. MrSuezo

MrSuezo Jedi Youngling

Aug 15, 2005
    Gee, I wish i could do that but I'm no longer in possession of my brain. I traded it away for a bit of Shadow's pubic hair.

6. Brandon Rhea

Brandon Rhea Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 26, 2004
    Have no fear, Bac is here!

Let me put it to you simply: SuperShadow is a pathologic liar. He claims that he is best friends with Lucas and that he, not Lucas, was responsible for 95% of the Star Wars Prequel Trilogy.

SuperShadow's website first appeared during the production of Star Wars Episode I. He released 'exclusive' information and claimed to be an Industrial Light and Magic employee and personal friend of George Lucas. One day, the following disclaimer appeared:

This web site has no association with Lucasfilm. SuperShadow.com is a fan operated web site that makes no claims as to the copyrights held by Lucasfilm regarding Star Wars. Star Wars, its characters and all related items are copyright Lucasfilm.

It's reasonable to assume an actual Lucasfilm employee was made aware of the site, and threatened Suttle with legal action. To this day Suttle still says he is friends with George Lucas, but no longer claims to be employed by him, or have any "official" connection to Star Wars.

He continued posting "news", which all turned out to be fake with the exception of stories which appeared on other websites earlier in the day, but attracted controversy again when he claimed to be in possession of the script for Star Wars Episode II--quite a feat considering George Lucas had not finished writing it at the time. SuperShadow's source was "Brad Bender, head of Lucasfilm Internet Relations". There is never, and has never been a Brad Bender employed by Lucasfilm, but this was all made elementary when Episode II turned out to be nothing like SuperShadow's version of the story. His excuse was that the script he'd received was a "Rough Draft".

SuperShadow claimed to have read the script for Episode III, but could not post any information about it due to copyright law. After enough spoilers information had been released about Episode III to cobble together some kind of basic plot, he posted what he claimed to be the script - it contains only a brief rundown of each scene and no dialogue.

He also claims that Lucasfilm released the title "Revenge of the Sith" earlier than expected (July instead of November) because one of his readers had successfully guessed it.

Despite seemingly irrefutable proof that he is a pathological liar, SuperShadow has attracted a legion of fans who send him their questions, which he answers on his website every day or so. These questions pertain to Star Wars history, trivia, and the upcoming movies. These appear on the index page of his site, with the answers in bold text following the questions. Example:

O.K., SS, you promised a long, long time ago and now you must tell us the real Episode III title. Finally someone guessed, so speak! Great site and congratulations from Canary Islands, Spain. (SuperShadow: Wish I could, but I just promised Lucas a few days ago that I would not reveal the actual title for Episode 3. The Episode 3 title will be announced on www.starwars.com in November-december 2004.)

Suttle is constantly contradicting himself for example:

Hello Almighty SS, still scoring?(SuperShadow: Scoring at lightning speed.) Can you tell us who trained Palpatine? (SuperShadow: Darth Imperius was the master of Sidious.) Thank you Master Shadow, this site is DA BOMB! (SuperShadow: Everyone says so.)

Then SuperShadow posted some "spoilers" for EP III which includes this quote from the movie:

"Darth Plagueis was my master. He taught me the key to his power," Palpatine said. Suddenly, Palpatine's voice turned cold, and old: "...before I killed him."

For additional information, please visit our site: The REAL SuperShadow. You may also email me at jedimasterbac@hotmail.com with any questions you may have.

Please, don't believe in SS.

P.S.
    For the record, I believe that the first post is spam.

7. MrSuezo

MrSuezo Jedi Youngling

Aug 15, 2005
    Blah,Blah,Blah, not one bit convincing Star War

8. Brandon Rhea

Brandon Rhea Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 26, 2004
    Star Wars n00b...so that's why I get 100 emails a day from people asking me questions about Star Wars. So that's why people refer to me as the master of Star Wars knowledge. Gee, I never would have guessed...

:mad:

9. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    Ummm... bac, I thought it was obvious that he's trying to be witty and knows every bit that SS is a liar, but either is trying to be a troll, or is SS himself trying to be a troll.

It's nice to be mean to SS either way, BTW. :)

:mad:

10. MrSuezo

MrSuezo Jedi Youngling

Aug 15, 2005
    lol...you waste your time answering 100 e-mails a day? Go back to your D&D game nerd, or at least go score with women, like I do now, thanks to Supershadow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.