main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV Axia's entertainment of the moment thread

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Axia_Euxine, Feb 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Axia_Euxine

Axia_Euxine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2003
    Bond

Its the name of the new group I just got all the albums and concert for! This group is awesome! I highly recommend it! Go to the store now.

Bond, in your music department.

bond-music.com

2. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    Okay saw some movies recently...

So Close (Foreign dubbed foo film) This movie is only 111 minutes but seemed like 3 hours and just in case some of you arent quite sure what that means... It means I was bored out of my mind! However it does have a super sweet kung foo sword fight at the end but it was soooo not worth the other 101 minutes of shlock.

Wrong Turn (Horror movie with Elisha Duchsa) Nothing original, nothing clever, b grade horror yick. If you're obsessed with Elisha you might like it but if you're obsessed with her you probably already saw it.

Thirteen (A thirteen-year-old girl's (Wood) relationship with her mother (Hunter) is put to the test as she discovers drugs, sex, and petty crime in the company of her cool but troubled best friend (Reed)) Now, this movie was really, really good. I was trying to figure out why I was enjoying the movie so much while I was watching it. Why? Becuase the film's only protaginist is devoid of admirable qualities and seems to have no real justification for the way she acts. Then I realized this is one of those movies that I like to call a 'train wreck in slow motion' and I love those. (Gia is a great example) The character in the train wreck just seems to go from bad to worse, whether its from thier own doing, outside stimuli or a combination of the two. You just keep hoping that things will get better but they dont, the train wreck has already happened and you are just watching it in slow motion. Needless to say I highly recommend this movie. It won a Sundance Film Festival award and I believe Hunter and Wood got Oscar nods for their performances. (Morondude, you should see this movie. Some interesting camera work in it. Also the editing is kind of disjointed but not in a disjointed kind of way.)

Also I have decided to not allow my daughter to go to public school, I think that would be best...

3. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    About Wrong Turn, I didn't think it was bad. It wasn't as scary as say Texas Chainsaw Massacre but it had its freaky moments.

4. Luminara_Jade

Luminara_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    i didn't go to public school for high school and my husband didn't go to middle school. we turned out okay i think.

5. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    by public school I meant one with other people in it.

6. Jankarakk

Jankarakk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 27, 2003
    I've been playing Jedi Academy lately. Great game. I'm in the level with the mutated Rancor....i've been trying to figure out how to get through that level without cheating...but I just can't seem to figure it out so I must go find out how heh...oh well....adios.

7. Luminara_Jade

Feb 5, 2004
    that is also what i meant. i was home schooled for high school.

8. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    gamefaqs.com

I remember the level you are talking about but I just cant remember how I defeated it. It not through direct combat. Look for things you can force pull/push or destroy in the area he is in.

9. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    i was able to defeat it...pretty easily if i might add after doin what the guy said on gamefaqs. i'm almost done with the game once i'm finished with the level i'm on i only have three more levels. yay.

10. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    and Morondude I dont watch horror movies to be scared anymore becuase they rarely are anymore, noteable exceptions were The Ring and The Others which was just creepy.

All Im sayin is that Wrong Turn was just....there. Nothing sets it apart from the other movies in this genre.

11. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    True dat.

I don't know if you've checked out the new Texas Chainsaw Massacre, but it was absolutely frightening.

12. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    I dont see movies with chainsaw wielding maniacs based on true stories thank you.

13. Petra_Blakkwing

Petra_Blakkwing Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    um...you mean Eliza Dushku, right? just checking

14. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    Whatever, I left my Celebrity name dictionary at home.

15. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    I just started playing KOTOR today....pretty cool so far. OO and I just beat Jedi Academy today that game was fun. Ok I'm off now.

16. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    I just saw The Last Samurai last night. I liked it a lot.

17. r2fu2

r2fu2 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2004
    which texaschainsaw 1974 or 2003
    original i thought was better

18. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    Havent seen either so I couldnt tell you.

19. Luminara_Jade

Feb 5, 2004
    so van helsing was pretty friggin cool imo...totally stayed with classical villians and stuff...i bet that movie cost a fortune to make. i wanna cool corset like kate beckensale!!!

20. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    me gusta mucho Kate Beckinsale movie was good....although a certain part reminded me of the Lion King. PM me for more info on what I mean. Don't wanna spoil the movie for anyone.

21. Luminara_Jade

Feb 5, 2004
    the lion king? oh!!! you mean the part when his father died trying to save him whilst saving a young van helsing from being trampled by a heard of wildibeasts?

22. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    No, I think it's the part where he was banished and was taken care of by a meercat and a warthog.

23. Luminara_Jade

Feb 5, 2004
    lmbo!!! hehe! or when he returned to murder his uncle and take his rightful place as king of the pride?

24. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Yeah, y'know, it's almost like VanHelsing could have been called Lion King 3: VanHelsing!

25. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    I've been reading the Harry Potter books as of late. I started about a week or so ago and I'm on the 4th one right now. I read the 3rd one in less than 24 hours....that's a big task for me cause I'm not really a fast reader. But they are quite enjoyable books.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.