main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV Axia's Vampire the Masquerade RPG

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Axia_Euxine, Aug 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Axia_Euxine

Axia_Euxine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2003
    Somehow I am going to start a vampire RPG. It will not be only on these boards...more details when I have them.

For the time being. For all those that are interested create a d20 modern human, thats right you start as a human. Do not think about a vampire character or what traits you want your vampire to have while creating a human. Some skills will translate, others will not.

Your human can be anything that exists in the real world and can have skills that reflect that. So if your character is a gymnist then she can have acrobatic skills, if he is a marksmen then he is obviously good with guns. So on an so forth.

Create as much history as you can for your character. Do they have brothers, sisters, uncles cousins? what do they do? How much money do they make (no you cant all be rich). Do they believe in vampires? Are they christian? aethiest? Agnostic? Do they live with someone? Dating someone? What are there hobbies? Political affliation? what music do they like? what is her social life? Do they go clubbing, dancing, theater, movies, watch sports at home?

roll up your characters, do not use a point by system. Roll 4 six siders throw away the loest die and add the rest for your first attribute score, do this six times and post your results. (no you do not have to use the results in order)

Post any questions you may have.

Hurry, the sun is setting soon.....

2. Jankarakk

Jankarakk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 27, 2003
    ok so you just want basic things.....attributes....profession....detailed history....and that's it?

3. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    you need to create a full character but no skills or feats that cant be achieved by an actual human. ...if thats what you are asking.

4. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    ok so you want character class and everything??? and attacks and defense

5. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    yeah, you an d talon use the numbers you rolled on saturday

6. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
  7. Petra_Blakkwing

Petra_Blakkwing Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    um....what types of classes are there for this game....i really really really really want to play

8. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    you all start off as humans using the Modern rules. Any type of person availble in real life is available to you. As far as Vampire The Masquerade rules, you will need to get ahold of the core rule book and read it. I may be able to help with that.

9. GersonSith

GersonSith Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    Are you saying this is going to be an online game or not going to be an online game?

10. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    I hope to have it on staurdays, working on those details, when possible we can continue online, or possibly even start on line

11. Inaen

Inaen Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 17, 2002
    Sounds like a good game. So why do I live in San Diego?

Error: Only 1 message post per minute is allowed.

12. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    Come on people post something about your characters.

"I have such sights to show you."

13. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    I'm workin on it...almost finished....just coming up with the history.

14. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    look like Jan will start first, Im am also online with Yahoo messenger (mesh2217) in case you wish to ask question or just communicate with me faster.

15. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    must....go....some....where.....air...conditioned....i'm gonna go sit in hte living room where the A/C is blowing to finish this up. Will post then toodlez.

16. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    My character was born Aleksandr Dragomir in Europe. He was an orphan (parents died in fiery car crash with a fuel truck, no known relatives), and was adopted at the age of one year old by an American couple, who changed his name to Alexander Stanford (their last name). Growing up in a happy middle class home in California (Axia you can change the state if you want), Alexander made it past college to the age of 22 when his parents died in one of the planes that crashed into the WTC on 9-11.

Their deaths left him devasted, but their insurance policies and personal holdings left him a sole heir to a small fortune (net worth: roughly $4,000,000). The money was little consolation, and Alexander used the family lawyer/accountant to maintain the holdings, while Alexander suspended his life to process and mourn their deaths. Driving a Honda Valkyrie Rune (Cherry Red) he has spent the last couple of years wandering, and seeing the the country. His permanent mailing address and residence is in California where his lawyer/accountant checks it each day and runs things. Alexander is reached by his lawyer via a small sat phone and email (Alex has a Sony TR5AP notebook, wireless enabled as well as interfaces with Sat Phone).

Alexander his been having a motivation problem, when it comes to getting on with his life...

His computer (cut and paste, click on TR5AP):

http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/SY_DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=o3H6lkGc0036ywCpoKjwnQ6SVcGFjPK_ezM=?ProductSKU=PCGTR5AP&Dept=cpu_VAIONotebookComputers&CategoryName=cpu_VAIONotebookComputers_TRSeries

His Bike (cut and paste, click on Valkyrie Rune):

http://powersports.honda.com/motorcycles/cruiser_standard/

His course of study in college was computer science. He is a capable graphic artist, programmer, web site creator, and hacker.

He has no strong religious leanings, his American parents did not instruct him in this area very much, just some minimal information that favors Judeo-Christian beliefs. Minimal as in while he understands it and its historical and current role, but he could count on one hand the number of times he attended a church.

He believes himself to be a very moral person, however. His American parents taught him this much.

He is a Republican, although he usually will tell people other things to confuse them and make them leave him alone ("I am a Conservative Libertarian Green Party Reformist").

He does not believe that his former hacking activity was illegal- "I did it just to see if I could do it. I didn't really hurt anyone..."

He (as the above statement indicates) will find ways to justify things he wants to do- but that only goes so far... he probably wouldn't justify things that REALLY violated his morals.

Since the death of his parents, he has found that he cares a bit less about his moral boundaries.

He has no tatoos, but he has toyed with the idea of getting one.

He is 6'2" tall, fair skinned, with black hair and light gray eyes. About 190 pounds.

(more to come)

Is this stuff okay with you so far, Axia?

17. Petra_Blakkwing

Jul 1, 2002
    ok.....my character is a female.....
    her name is... Petra O'Casey.... she is nearly 6 feet tall, about 150 pounds, with long red hair and green eyes...... she's 25.....(think young Julianne Moore) she was born and raised in Dublin.....she's a professor of folklore and mythology at Trinity College in Dublin..... she is from the North Side of the city (which makes her upper class) but her fiancee, a fellow professor is the stereotypical "bad boy from the wrong side of the track makes good" he's a professor of biochemistry..... they have been together for six years, her parents do not approve of him, and this has strained relations between Petra and her upper crust family....in her spare time Petra enjoys riding horses, rock climbing, and kick boxing (sport of the future, you know)... she was raised Roman Catholic but is not practicing.....she is not overly political...........and her best friend is her younger sister Maureen........

18. Petra_Blakkwing

Jul 1, 2002
    ok.....my attributes are.....

Strength 15 +3 (i think on the modifiers...i don't remember...)
    Dexterity 15 +3
    Constitution 11 +1
    Intelligence 17 +4
    Wisdom 16 +4
    Charisma 13 +2

whee! fun!

I want to be a smart class hero...but i don't know what the mods on defense and attack are for those.....

19. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    the ability mods are as follows: 8-9 = -1, 10-11 = 0, 12-13 = +1, 14-15 = +2, 16-17 = +3, 18 = +4

1st level smart hero has no base attack bonus or defense bonus, saving throws fortitude 0, reflex 0, will 1. and a +1 reputation

20. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    Stanley Edwards (Stan he prefers to be called), Was born and raised just outside of St. Paul, Minnesota. He was brought up in a very loving and caring family. He has brown hair, brown eyes, about 6'2", and about 210lbs (Think Ryan Reynolds). He was raised in the Lutheran Church but in high school decided that he wasn't going to take what a preacher or anyone else said at face value. He believes that there is a higher power that everyone answers to, he's just not sure what it is yet. Ever since then he's been on a personal journey studying philosophy and theology trying to find out for himself what religion is really the "true" way. Despite his not wanting to be part of the Lutheran Church he still has a very good relationship with his parents and siblings (1 brother and 2 sisters).

When it came time for college he decided it was time to leave home and experience life for himself. He applied and was accepted to USC where for four years he majored in mathematics and education...taking a number of classes on theology and different philosophies. During his stay in college he decided he would learn more about the different philosophies if he learned some of the main languages so he picked up Greek and some Egyptian in his time at school. He's currently a high school math teacher in San Diego (Or where ever the GM desires).

In San Diego he is currently seeing someone very seriously named Angela Parker, who is an English teacher at the same school. They currently live together in a townhouse with no talk of marriage yet.

Stan believes in a strong body and mind and his personal philosophy is there are no stupid students...only stupid people. He encourages all of his students to never stop learning. He is a stickler for grades...he tries to be fair but he allows no free rides...especially for the athletes.

Wanting to stick to his own philosophy he tries to learn as much as he teaches each day and does his best to stay in shape.

Stan is not part of a single political party, though he does not consider himself an independant. He looks at his choices of candidates and looks for who is offering what he wants to see in a candidate. Looking for someone with good moral values and that will get things done.

When he's not studying or making lesson plans he enjoys reading, watching movies, and spending time with Angela. He enjoys reading books about the paranormal and vampires and zombies and all that fun stuff. His current favorite is the Vampire series by Anne Rice.

Stan also makes a journey at least once a year...always on Thanksgiving and whenever else he can during the year to visit his family. Every Thanksgiving he and his father and brother go hunting for their Thanksgiving dinner, Angela is supposed to be coming with him this year.

21. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    I approve everything I see.

Jan your wealth bonus is also approved. Ill say you inherited some money.

Petra, would you be able to attend this game? theres a good chance it will be every other saturday.

Moron dude, your two conditions are fine. I believe this next saturday would have been the modern game. D you mind if I start this Saturday?

Everyone. When is the earliest you can make it to borders on Saturday?

22. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    i can be there when the store opens if need be. i'm off work saturday.

23. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    Sure, we can start this saturday, I'll try to have a character by then... but won't be able to roll it up as i don't have the rules.

24. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    I wont be there as I will be in AZ

25. Luminara_Jade

Luminara_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    i would like to play as well... :D but unfortunatly i would not be able to play on the 11th or the 18th... :( but i can come this weekend!!! hooray!! i will have my chararacter ready by then...what time will it be?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.