main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Artist AzureAngel2s Secret Garden: Fanart for "Cat litter", 8th March 2012

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by AzureAngel2, Dec 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    [face_worried]

Well, I am very, very nervous to post in the FanArt section, but I did like my Sinterklaas present for my Dutch boy-friend DarthUncle that much, that I took all my courage together to share it with the rest of you.

[face_praying]

The following Vader portrait was inspired by something that I saw in a fan newspaper and also by the series HOUSE MC with a gorgeous, witty Hugh Laurie in it.

[face_dancing]

Anyway enjoy yourselves, here it is ...

[image=http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n2/AzureAngel2_2006/SW pictures/DarthVader.jpg]

C_O EDIT: Locked due to Artist's request

2. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    Aww, Nicole, that is amazing, great job on it.

3. DarthUncle

DarthUncle Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 20, 2005
    [:D] Well done, posting this here!

Honestly, I have to say the original is even more vibrant and has more dept then the scan, but, given limitations of scanners, I think you managed pretty well to capture your work [face_love]. The original really jumps out from the canvas, making a strong blocking move with his light saber at the spectator.

From your comment about the inspiration I imagine you laughing at the ironic, sometimes grumpy irony of dr. House and putting some of his darkness and dislike for how the world turned out into this portrait. :*

4. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Hi Mum! [:D] :*
    Welcome to Fanarts!

Like I've said before, he looks even more dangerous with those bolts of lightning at his lightsaber.
    And I think the white makes his head look like a skull, like it did in Ep VI when the Emperor's bolts hit him.

Really frightening drawing! :D

=D=

5. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Hello AzureAngel2, and allow me to add my welcome to Fan Art! "I took all my courage together to share it with the rest of you."

We're so very glad you did! This is a fabulous painting--was this done in traditional paint? If so, then even more "hats off" to you, as paint is a medium that has resisted my every attempt to use it, lol!

This is beautiful--very powerful in form and color, with Vader's armor highlighted in an almost skeletal way... The splashes of red and green are wonderful counterpoints to the crackling lightsaber, and that almost bloody-toned background really pops the entire piece forward. Amazing--almost impressionistic in a way, like a Monet at a closer view... Just gorgeous! =D= I love it, and hope you'll "have the courage" again soon to share more of your work! Wonderful job, and again--welcome to the forum!

FF

6. Cem_Fel

Cem_Fel Jedi Master star 4

Mar 14, 2006
    *[:D] Azure*

Excuse me, that you didn't hear from me... University is bad to me but the new year will be better :)

Your picture looks really great.
    You caught Vader very well it's so Vader-like. And it has a dark atmosphere, bcause of the colours, the lightsaber-lightings and all, it fits him of course.

7. BIEREN

BIEREN Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 12, 2005
    cool painting, very modern. It reminds me of Evard Munch's style with a little Picaso

8. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    *beams and wraps herself even closer in the blanket that her beloved master gave her!*

Thanks for all the nice comments on my Acryl picture that stands here next to me in DarthUncle's living-room in Eindhoven (Netherlands). He is very, very found of a Sinterklaas present like this. He had actually some tears in his eyes when I handed it over to him on Friday night.

*sneazes into a handkerchief and coughs a little!*

And now I should answer directley to your comments:
    Star-Angel: Aww, Nicole, that is amazing, great job on it. Well done, posting this here!

Thanks, dear Erica. I was actually a bit doubtful if I should ever paint a picture again after doing my practical Art examinations. But Bouke did really cheer me up and so did all of my friends. And I think that I always should encourage my future Art students to give their best. Most of my university professors showed me in the past month how one should not behave towards people. Art should be something enjoyable and not leave you in a poddle of shame once you finished something.

DarthUncle: hugs Honestly, I have to say the original is even more vibrant and has more dept then the scan, but, given limitations of scanners, I think you managed pretty well to capture your work love . The original really jumps out from the canvas, making a strong blocking move with his light saber at the spectator.

From your comment about the inspiration I imagine you laughing at the ironic, sometimes grumpy irony of dr. House and putting some of his darkness and dislike for how the world turned out into this portrait. kiss

Let me tell you how ardently I admire and love you, my sweet witty master who is NOT afraid of dealing with an ill angel since Friday night! About my source of inspiration you are absolutly right. The twisted humour of HOUSE MC did cheer me up throughout the past months of a 50 pages long examination paper, an oral exam, two written examinations tests and five more oral exams. And the reason why his lightsaber looks like a flame is: it is the hate he carries within him since Mustafar.

Chilla: Mum! hugs kiss
    Welcome to Fanarts!

Like I've said before, he looks even more dangerous with those bolts of lightning at his lightsaber.
    And I think the white makes his head look like a skull, like it did in Ep VI when the Emperor's bolts hit him.

Really frightening drawing! grin

applause

My sweet Theresa, when you did enter Fanarts and Fanfic I was so utterly proud of you. You really, really did inspire me to show some courage, too. You are a wonderful person and you made so much progress in all the things you do. I hope to be blessed with bright students like you in future, when I will teach English, German and Arts. About the skull like features of Vader, perhaps I saw CORPSE BRIDE by far too often these days. Or I shouldn't have looked at so many Rembrandt and Caravaggio pictures for my oral Art exam. This gets you into a gloomy mood, too.

FalconFan: Hello AzureAngel2, and allow me to add my welcome to Fan Art! "I took all my courage together to share it with the rest of you."

We're so very glad you did! This is a fabulous painting--was this done in traditional paint? If so, then even more "hats off" to you, as paint is a medium that has resisted my every attempt to use it, lol!

This is beautiful--very powerful in form and color, with Vader's armor highlighted in an almost skeletal way... The splashes of red and green are wonderful counterpoints to the crackling lightsaber, and that almost bloody-toned background really pops the entire piece forward. Amazing--almost impressionistic in a way, like a Monet at a closer view... Just gorgeous! applause I love it, and hope you'll "have the courage" again soon to share more of your work! Wonderful job, and again--welcome to the forum!

FF

I feel really honored that you compare me with Monet. And yes, it was done with Acryl colours that I have left over from five terms of studying to be an Art teacher. I can not stand the smell of oil colours that much a

9. ewok_jedi

ewok_jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 5, 2005
    Hello and Welcome to Fan Arts Nicole, I am sure you will have lots of wonderful art pieces to show all of us. I like that painting a lot Nicole, as you already know ;)

10. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Thanks, dear Anthony!

*hugs!*

Anyway this here was the first SW picture that I did since my childhood days. I did it after watching ROTS at the movies in May 2005 for a third time:

[image=http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n2/AzureAngel2_2006/My%20SW%20childhood/020YodasarrivalonDagobahpicturefrom.jpg]

I was very sad at that time, because I had nobody in my large circle of friends to talk about SW. The set of SW interested friends that I used to have was either gone with the wind or lost their passion for SW. A couple of days after I draw that picture I did stumble over an article about theforce.net and then things got way better.

And in July 2005 a wonderful man did enter my life with whom I was able to combine a lot of my hobbies and tastes: Jane Austen, mediveal markets, Suzanne Vega, Art Galleries, CALVIN & HOBBES and so on. If I would draw a Master Yoda picture now, it would be less gloomy.

11. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    Hi Mum! [:D]

[face_blush] You've made me blush again! [face_shame_on_you]

Hey, he looks good. He's a bit dark, but I was able to spot Yoda before I read in your post that it's him. :p

And thanks for including Suzanne Vega into your post. I've been searching desperatedly to find the music video of her song "Luka" on youtube, but I couldn't cause I'd spelled everything wrong. 8-} Now I can watch it over and over again.

[:D] I want more! :D

12. rocketscientist

rocketscientist Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 16, 2005
    Love the Yoda - you've really captured him in just a few strokes!

The Vader painting is very gutteral. I like how you push the boundries to create emotional impact. The skeletal nature of the face is a very potent symbol for the death Vader reaped. The comparison to the Grim Reaper is well made.

13. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Dear Theresa, you might have gotten a Sinterklaas present from Master and me for the 6th December, but there is still Christmas to come, isn't there? So I might find ways to "erschrek" you after all with some more melodious presents... who knows? Yes, this may seem utterly wrong English, but you may get my subtle hint here. I simply like to give hints away like THE RIDDLER. It is just a miracle that Bouke did NOT find out about the Vader picture before I handed it over to him on Friday night.

*coughs and laughs at the same time in master's office chair!*

Anyway, thanks dear rocketscientist. I indeed did the Yoda with just a couple of strokes, because I did not have much of my special pencil left over and I used my fingers for the rest of it. About the Grim Reaper comparrison: perhaps it is still a painting of the Breton Death god Ankou that bothers my subconcious mind now and then... even though Vader is not really a hooded man... or talks in capital letters like Death in Terry Prachett.

*read PYRAMIDS today and yesterday ERIC while lying in bed, being sick!*

Anyway, I intend to make some more dark Vader pictures soon!

14. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    Actually, I also have an idea for a present for all SW-fans who happen to be very close friends of mine. I just haven't worked on it yet. But don't tell everyone about it. [face_shhh]

15. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Whoa--very cool Yoda sketch, AzureAngel! I agree with the comments so far--it's a wonderful study, and I love the quickness of it, too (we all love to see the works-in-progress and the "quick study" pieces--it illuminates the artist's process, and says a lot about technique!). The dark seems to have been necessarily from the type of media you used, but it also reflects emotion as well--moody is the word that comes to mind. Excellent!

FF

16. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Thanks, FalconFan!

[image=http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n2/AzureAngel2_2006/My%20SW%20childhood/017SWMuppetBabies.jpg]

17. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    I haven't watched the muppets yet, but I can definately recognize Vader. :p Is that behind him the Death Star? It looks scarier than in the movies. [face_hypnotized]

[:D] =D=

18. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Actually, Theresa, I did that battle station in the wrong colour, because it' s the Death Tomato. But that painting of mine is so utterly old... I did it in summer 1996 before I went to Ireland as an AU-PAIR. I did put it on a T-shirt and gave that T-shirt to a dear friend of mine who now lives in Berlin. Hum, I bet I must have a picture of her wearing that T-shirt somewhere at home...

*looks arround in her master's empty castle who is gone for a Ph. D. defense!*

Anyway this picture did mark the end of my SW childhood. No more SW role playing afterwards, no more SW stories in our own EU universe with our own SW characters, no one to talk about SW ever after anymore, because my friend and some other SW childhood friends changed...

19. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    What a great Muppets piece, AzureAngel! =D= Was this inspired by that Muppet/SW special they had on television, oh-so-long ago? The characters all look great, with a sort of perfect, cartoony style (loving the "kissy lips" on Kermit's face there!)! Wonderful (and Vader looks great, too, sort of towering over all of them...and looking as though he's not quite sure what to do with them... LOL! ;) )!

FF

20. Cem_Fel

Cem_Fel Jedi Master star 4

Mar 14, 2006
    I like your picture of Yoda, it's very dark, but it's easy to recognize it's Yoda. And I think b/w is very well for the emotions, Yoda has also dark times, so it fits him.
    And the Muppets are simply too cute [face_love] Can't say more, but it's sooo cute. Are they more drawnings like this? :)

21. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Dear FF, this MUPPET BABBIES piece was indeed inspired by the original series. I simply loved that series... and Kermit.

*hugs!*

And Kiki, yes even Master Yoda has dark times. This picture actually is showing his arrival on Dagobah after all the dreadful events in ROTS. And perhaps I come up with some brighter and more funny stuff soon!

22. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Okay, not so funny, but I also wanted to post it:

[image=http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n2/AzureAngel2_2006/SW%20pictures/Vadercries.jpg]

23. LadyWhilla

LadyWhilla Jedi Master star 4

May 6, 2002
    Wow Azure, those are great! I had no idea you were this talented.

Well done. :)

24. Pelly-Welly

Pelly-Welly Jedi Knight star 6

Jan 10, 2004
    Very nice, Nicole :) The Darth Vader painting is one of my faves, it's very powerful. There's this deadly power coming off of him, and you've captured that really well :D

25. Tyranus230

Tyranus230 Jedi Master star 7

Feb 16, 2005
    :) Those are all very nice. It is good to see a diverse range of interests in art.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.