main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Artist AzureAngel2s Secret Garden: Fanart for "Cat litter", 8th March 2012

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by AzureAngel2, Dec 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    :oops:

I've missed a bunch of work in here! Just a suggestion, AzureAngel2: when you put up something new, return to your very first post and hit the "Edit Message" button at the bottom--then you can update the Subject line for your thread to show that you've posted new work--that way everyone will know (and we won't be so tardy in dropping in! lol!)!

"Angel Padme" made me both happy and sad--I love the idea that she watched over her children! A beautiful representation here--the texture in the wings is lovely.

Yoda looks great--you've captured him wonderfully with well-placed strokes and colors---and I love the wedding piece! So pretty (I loved the setting they used in the movie--it's like a paradise there...)! Lovely work--and Merry Christmas!

FF

2. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    :eek: [face_blush] :D

Thanks for telling me, FF!

@};-

3. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Okay and here another Vader dream. But this time a nightmare about Mustafar:

[image=http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n2/AzureAngel2_2006/SW%20pictures/Mustafarnightmare.jpg]

And because this tread is called "AzureAngel2's Secret Garden" let me also "plant some flowers" here:

[image=http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n2/AzureAngel2_2006/Art%20Studies/NaturstudiumprivatAquarell2Kanonenk.jpg]

[image=http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n2/AzureAngel2_2006/Art%20Studies/Naturstudium3Blumenvase.jpg]

[image=http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n2/AzureAngel2_2006/Art%20Studies/Naturstudium2BlumenvaseZierkrbisse.jpg]

4. Cem_Fel

Cem_Fel Jedi Master star 4

Mar 14, 2006
    Your last pictures are so great Azure!
    I really like all of them, but the Vader on Mustafar and Angel Padmé I like the most :D It's so impressing and you coloured very, very well. :)

5. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I actually asked Nidrail if a picture like that is okay in the Fanart, Kiki. And she said yes!

:D

The Mustafar picture is a dream sequence and things are a bit blurry but NOT as confusing as seeing a TWIN PEAKS episode.

8-}

I shouldn´t have watched this film about Laura Palmer so late on German TV recently...

[face_hypnotized]

Anyway, have another flower, Kiki:

[image=http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n2/AzureAngel2_2006/Art%20Studies/Naturstudium1Mohnblume.jpg]

6. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Hi Mum! [:D]

Looks really cool! =D= Love the flowers!

Btw: You can edit your first post and then add something to the thread title/header like *update: Jan, 11*, then I'd know it when you've updated. :)

7. Cem_Fel

Mar 14, 2006
    This flower is also very nice. :)

8. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Ach so!

*schäm, schäm!*

9. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Wow...the "Mustafaar Nightmare" is a very strong piece--bold strokes and powerful colors, giving it a very chaotic feel, just as a nightmare would be. Awesome! And I'm stunned by your flowers! They're all just beautiful, but the first and last ones appeal to me most--the first, because of the lovely "washes" you've achieved with the colors (it reminds me of Georgia O'Keefe in a way), and the last because you've captured the pure essence of the bloom in black and white--just beautiful! =D= I love your use of color--it's so impressive!

FF

10. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Thanks for the many compliments, FF! I wish that you would have been my Art lector at university...

Anyway, these days I have trouble to find sleep so I stay up all night and paint.

[image=http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n2/AzureAngel2_2006/SW%20pictures/Ringoffire.jpg]

[image=http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n2/AzureAngel2_2006/SW%20pictures/Good-byefather.jpg]

[image=http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n2/AzureAngel2_2006/SW%20pictures/Loneliness.jpg]

It is also a very reasonable way to spent my waiting time for a 1 1/2 years teacher trainning position. DUs love and all the friendship arround me from so many nice people also help quiet a bit.

11. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    Beautiful job :)

12. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    All of these that I?ve missed have been so beautiful, amazing job on all of them.

I really need to draw more, not to mention stop by in the fanart section more.

13. Pelly-Welly

Pelly-Welly Jedi Knight star 6

Jan 10, 2004
    Love them, Nicole :) I love the Fire ones, to me they show that fire was sort of like an ever-returning element for Anakin: he "died" in fire (and became Darth Vader), and then Vader "died" in fire (returned to Anakin, Luke burning him.)

14. Cem_Fel

Mar 14, 2006
    =D= You did great pieces of work, Azure.

The Vader "Ring of Fire" picture looks really impressing, so frightening, angry and also sad. Can't explain it very well, I guess why. At least not in english [face_blush]
    When I look at the second picture (my favorite one, it looks so great and Luke [face_love] Have I ever said I'm a Luke-Fan-Girl??? :p) I saw the whole picture. Vader is dead and Luke have to bury his own father. This is sad, because at last Vader was redeemend. Pehaps it's part why I think the first one has also a sadly expression.

The third (and yet last) one is different. If I haven't seen the title, I wouldn't call it loneliness in the first moment. It has more the feeling of being angry and despair. I see why it's called loneliness, but I don't know, f I would think otherise if I hadn't read the title, I have to admit.[face_blush]

but these are great pieces of art. Well done [:D]

15. Ben_Stormrider

Ben_Stormrider Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2006
    I said it once, and I say it again:
    I like your Arts, Nicole. And I love your Vader! [face_love]

I'm thinking about to make an Art-Print of it... [face_thinking]

16. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Thank you, dear Nat! It was a long nightshift, but it was worth it. When I finally crawled to bed at 3:00 am, I was more satisfied with myself and slept like a baby. [face_dancing]

Yes, please do so, Erica! Perhaps some paintings and drawings for your beautiful fanfics? [face_batting]

Now, that you mention it... [face_thinking]... I actually was NOT aware of it while I was painting all those pictures. It just seemed right and natural... and my mind was "on fire" with many idears. You are a genius, Carleen!

Well, then tell me in German what you think about "Ring of Fire"... or give me a buzz via phone, dear Kiki! Actually I had "Ring of Fire" on while I painted it and this is how the title came to life.

And yes, I know that you are a big Luke fan... ups, girl. And yes, Anakin is redeemed. This reminds me of a song in the BUFFY musical: "Walk through the fire"! I check it out when I am home and post the text there.

Hum, then I must think of a better title for the 3rd painting. Thanks for the tip dear.

Please wait for my birthday, before you print out anything! Pleeeeeeaaaaaase! *calls Cem_Fel via phone!*
    Men always have a way to spoil surprises for them. *mumbles!* But well, I also was NOT able to hold those paintings back until the 26th January. *sighs!* But show patience, dear Ben.

17. Ben_Stormrider

Ben_Stormrider Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2006
    Okay, okay. :p

18. morrison85

morrison85 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 13, 2005
    Very nice colours :D
    and the latest one.. Looks also awesome :D[:D]

19. marte

marte Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    Hi Azure, the Vader is great and the dream even more so! and I really like the tear. you sure you're not wasting yourself on teaching lil'uns draw horsies?? :p

20. KingoftheAT-ATs

KingoftheAT-ATs Jedi Master star 4

Jun 21, 2005
    I love your work, Azure! Some of them are made in a way so that I have to look twice and even three times before I see something in it. I'm not even sure if I see what you see, but they are great none-the-less! :)
    Keep it up!

21. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Wow, AzureAngel2...these latest are just beautiful! I can't get over the light you achieve with the paint...it almost doesn't seem like it should be possible with an opaque medium like that...

"Ring of Fire" is stunning, and so appropriate: the fires that raged inside Vader, manifest without...the helmet almost looks red-hot, the way you've done it here. Awesome.

"Goodbye Father" gave me a little "misty moment," as this scene always does in the movie, too. You've captured the melancholy, conclusive mood perfectly, and the entire thing simply glows...just beautiful.

And "Loneliness" is another teary moment--where Anakin finally comes to the realization of what his fall is going to cost him...his very soul... :_| The fact that the figure is turned away from us only emphasizes the emotion. A wonderful interpretation!

Gorgeous additions to a wonderful gallery! =D=

FF

22. DarthUncle

DarthUncle Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 20, 2005
    They are very powerfull azure! [:D] I'm very glad you are finding time and inspiration to do this and post them too :)

But they will be the most inspired horses at least ;) - and who knows maybe some of those kids will become the next van Gogh :D ... by the way: Hi Maat, a good new year :)

23. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Sniff! My late birthday surprise for you & Kiki. :_|

I am glad that you did stumble over my humble thread once more, dear Bianca!

I can NOT draw horsies that bonny. They look verra strange then. Sorry, luv!

Well, I am very expressionistic... or impressionistic... hum, not sure... but thanks, dear!

Dear FF, perhaps I still have an overdose of Caravaggio & Rembrandt in my mind since I did my oral Art examinations. Or my AU-PAIR year in Ireland did something to me.

Perhaps I always loved the contrasts between light & dark...

And what helped when I painted all the three latest pictures was certainly the music: the soundtracks of MASTER AND COMMANDER: ON THE FAR SIDE OF THE WORLD, THE LAST OF THE MOHICANS, ROB ROY, BRAVEHEART... and not to forget Johnny Cash.

About the "Ring of Fire", yes Vader is full of rage. It devours him deep inside, eats its way out...

"Good-bye Father" also is a scene that haunts me since I am 7 years old and always makes me cry...

""Loneliness" which still needs a better name indeed works best when you do NOT see Vader´s face at all...

Thanks for your kind remarks about my work!

You are my very inspiration, my sweet darling!

But there will be NO horses! Sorry!

And yes, I want to inspire kids to do their best!

24. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Wow, that's a cool photo. Love the contrast as well! [face_love] [:D]

And your latest paintings are great as well! The scariest one is the first one of Vader.... *hides*

Good job, Mum! [:D]

25. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    There is NO need to be afraid, Theresa! It is only a picture...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.