main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Artist AzureAngel2s Secret Garden: Fanart for "Cat litter", 8th March 2012

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by AzureAngel2, Dec 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Beautiful colours and touching scenes

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  2. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Thanks, dear bird.

[:D]

3. TheBride

TheBride Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 15, 2008
    See you all after the move!

Azure´s up-date sock!

4. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Thanks for saying so, hon, and good that you were on-line at other places the past months when the boards were down.

BUT what REALLY annoys me: Are all my working picture links gone? Serious, Scondrel?

*reads: Don't Panic! Due to an unforeseen technical issue, previous posts over 10k characters had been truncated. Nothing is lost and this will be restored as soon as possible. New posts are unaffected by this. We apologise for the inconvenience." and sighs*

I am made to suffer...

5. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    The rest of the truncated posts and links are not lost, just unavailable at the moment, it is a technical issues but will be resolved as soon as possible. However, I have detailed in the Welcome Thread a work around solution for posting thumbnail links for artworks, we also can use a standard link too.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  6. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Okay, because I trust you I will try here:

Okay:
    [​IMG]

7. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    It works

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  8. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Good.

How does this work? This comes directly from photobucket, but I have NO clue how to make those thumbnails.

[​IMG][/IMG][​IMG]

This flower is from my other account on DA & I have no clue if they have those thumbnails there, too.

Can anybody help? Please? How can I post smaller photos? Thumbnails?

[​IMG]

9. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    I like the big pictures of your beautiful art

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  10. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    Hi Azure! To help with your questions:

To make the thumbnails work from in the photobucket album, when you hover the cursor over or select the picture, there is a list of sharing options. One of them is called IMG Thumb, just copy and paste that in here. If that code doesn't appear then it is easy to replicate that code from the direct link. For the Vader painting, this is how the code should look like:

Code:
    [URL=http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n2/AzureAngel2_2006/SW%20pictures/P2290083.jpg][IMG]http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n2/AzureAngel2_2006/SW%20pictures/th_P2290083.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
    Note how link in the IMG tag looks almost the same as the URL link except it has a 'th_' in front which means it will show the thumbnail image of the painting in the forum. It should come out looking like this:

[​IMG]

To do the same from DeviantArt is a little tricky because they don't really have the thumbnail link but the principle is the same with the code. On dA there are 'share' options. When you click on 'Share on DeviantArt' a small box appears with some options and also the thumbnail version of the image. Right click on the image and select 'open image in new tab' or 'open image in new window'. That would open the thumbnail version in a new tab/window and you can copy the link from that and paste inside the IMG code and the full size link in the URL code. As an example, that is what I had used for my sketch of Belle:

Code:
    [URL=http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/218/3/3/338e4d24f58ca665404dd982a9eabf16-d5a0c7z.jpg][IMG]http://th07.deviantart.net/fs70/150/f/2012/218/3/3/338e4d24f58ca665404dd982a9eabf16-d5a0c7z.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
    and this is how it should turn out like:

[​IMG]

While it's great to see the full size images posted, its recommended to use thumbnails to decrease the page load times for those on slow connections, especially with multiple images on the same page. If you can't see the codes that I had placed in the boxes properly, just click and highlight across and it will scroll across to show the rest.

I hope that works and keep up the beautiful work :)

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  11. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Let me tell you how ardently I admire & love you.

*beams and has a dear friend visiting from Germany*

I try that out tomorrow!

12. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Merry Christmas everybody!

I found those paintings on my external hard-drive:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thread Status: