main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson B-day Party Request 12/17 NonTFF

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by dialswiftjustice, Dec 13, 2006.

1. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Hey guys I have a B-day party appearance request for a six year old boy that saw us at the zoo. It is Sunday the 17th starting at 12, but I will be making an appearance at 1pm. Any help woul dbe greatly appreciated, and Id like to put someone into the Stormy armor. This is just for ashort appearance including pics. I was hoping to make it a short skit to (good guys arrive first, bad guys crash the party)

the host has offered a 100$ gift card to buy toys for our next hospital visit. If interested PM me an dIll give yuo the directions. thanks

2. Bylar

Bylar Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 4, 2006
    we had a great time and i really need to work on my intro spiel lol. o well next time ill be better. i need to practice a bit i think, wonder if the gradeschool a few blocks away could offer me a captive audience rofl.
    anytime we can help with these, count us in

3. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Well the party went well, and the fiberglass Vader helmet received some battle damage, but we gott he 100 gift card to Target. I used it all and have a pretty good stock of toys. Also my wife's red hat club has donated some new toys for use at the hospitals to!

The Bylar ministry did awesome leading the kids in how to be jedi. I dueled with every kid, and still feel the whacks, but they loved it.

The balloon guy almost died though.

4. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    What happened to the balloon guy? I hope your helmet is not too terribly damaged. Glad you guys had fun!!

What is the red hat club? We should get a thank you note for them.

5. thatsMISTERwookiee

thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2005

The correct wording to your first question is, "What SHOULD HAVE happened to the balloon guy?". There was an over-the-top ego issue with this balloon guy. Apparently, he couldn't take being upstaged by STAR WARS characters, so when Vader made his big entrance, Mr. "my job is full of my own hot air" balloon guy runs up behind Vader and, via static electricity, sticks a pink balloon on Vader's cloak. He also did it at least once more during our performance. What a jerk.

The "battle damage" to Vader's helmet is all Dustin's fault. He made the mistake of trying to be nice to the kids. "Hey kids, let's play a game. Let's have a lightsaber duel." This consisted of the kids lining up, and then one at a time, the kid would be given a plastic toy saber, Dustin would playfully hit their saber three or four times (tap...tap...tap), and then utter some line like, "The force is too powerful in this Jedi.", or words to that effect, and then the next kid would come up.
    Unfortunately for Dustin, there were a few kids that; A) thought Darth Vader really had killed their father, or B) thought that Dustin was a giant walking/talking PINATA. So instead of "tap...tap...tap" it was more like "bam-bam-bam-bam-bam-bam-bam". One of these "delightful" children was heard bragging to his friends, "I hit Vader in the wiener." Good thing you had the codpiece, huh, Dustin? Then the little darlings broke out with a chant of "cut his head off".
    And the parents broke out the silly string before we had a chance to de-costume. And the wookiee lost a toe(?).
    But overall, it was a good learning experience that will show what to do, and not to do, in future birthday parties/events. If nothing else, it was worth it for the "whack-a-Vader".:D [face_laugh] (Sorry, Dustin, but to someone who was NOT getting hit, it did look pretty funny.):D [face_laugh]

6. Bylar

Aug 4, 2006
    wack-a-vader lol thats great...not to b confused with the wonk-a-vader rofl
    that could be a new game to sweep the nation, wack-a-vader

next time Dustin u need to wear some kevlar pants and vest with sleeves. i was fixin an armor malfunction on the tk armor when that kid started wailin on Dustin and by the time i got over there.... well Jack told the rest

7. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Ok, it was my fasult, but I wanted to make sure they kids and the party throwers gott heir moneys worth, and it sounded like they did.

Overall I think it was a great learning experience, but I wouldnt want to make a career out of it.

The balloon guy is on my list with the Harry Potter kids.

As far as the battle damage, I know I only have myself to blame, but hey, I can make a new casting anytime. I dont regret it.

Oh and I found my undercloak, it must have fallen out of th etub into the truck.

8. Bylar

Aug 4, 2006
    hey its also my fault cause i wasnt there to keep the kids from getin outta hand. i can repair the mask, a little bondo, some high gloss black paint and a wax job, and good as new. if u need any help casting a new one, i will help anytime. glad you found ur undercloak as well. the balloon guy, well he was making up for his shortcommings lol. pun intended

9. thatsMISTERwookiee

thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2005
    That'll teach Vader to try to be nice to people.

10. Bylar

Aug 4, 2006
    OMG if Vader is being nice to people i must b in one of them there parallel world thingamabobbers

thats one of them testicle terms lol