main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY B-day Party request - Sept 11th

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Doc_Bev, Jul 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    I just got in a request for a 7 year old boy's Star Wars themed b-day party taking place Sunday, Sept 11th. The b-day boy's mom saw us at Tinseltown for the EIII premiere. I left a message with her to get more information and will post again once I hear back.

How many folks are available/interested?

~Doc_Bev

2. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Got a call back from partymom (that's her name here on the boards).

They are looking at the Noon-4pm time frame on Sept 11th for the b-day party. Although for us we only need to be there in costume for about 2 hours. The party will be outside in their yard in Greece. The b-day boy's favorite characters are Chewbacca, JarJar, Anakin and Stormtroopers. So I'm going to PM BobaChris to see if his crew would be interested in coming out since we can provide only 3 out of the 4 of those characters and North Ridge has a JarJar. Partymom also asked about more characters from the Dark Side like Darth Vader and Darth Maul. When I told her that we could only provide Darth Maul OR Chewbacca she picked Chewie :D, but we'd have to ask BobaChris or Strawbary for help with the Vader.

We can see if we can do a variation of the droid hunt again, but one of the things partymom was interested in doing was a Jedi Training Academy where the kids could learn "real" lightsabre techniques from Jedi. For that I think we'd need Padawan_Adri and/or North Ridge's help as that's not in my area of expertise.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the b-day mom is willing to make a donation to the charity of our choice in exchange for our appearance.

~Doc_Bev

3. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    I posted the info on the Buffalo forum. I would love to help, but wouldn't be able to comit until closer to the event. Mindy is due on Septemeber 18 and the baby will help with the final decision. :D

4. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I'd like to start collecting a head count for this...

If we don't have enough interest, we need to let partymom know so that she can come up with a Plan B.

So who's planning on participating in this and who's not. List updated 09/08 at 4:35pm.

Interested:
    Doc_Bev (Jedi Knight)
    KnightShade (Chewbacca)
    MadKidJedi (EIII Anakin)
    Ayka (Stormtrooper)
    JediKnightLisa (EIII Anakin)
    JediXXL (X-Wing Pilot)

Unavailable:
    BobaChris12
    LadySith22
    jedijamie
    jedijason8080
    longbino
    T_StarFlyer
    DarSolo

~Doc_Bev

5. BobaChris12

Aug 30, 2002
    PM sent

6. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    *bump*

7. Ayka

Ayka Jedi Youngling star 1

May 12, 2005
    I've never done a Birthday Party (Well, as the Entertainment), what sort of thing does this normally entail? for the time being, Mark me as a Tenetive as a TK ^_^

8. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    Stand there...look in character...wave at the kids and then get cake.

Unless you have glowing eyes and frighten small children.

9. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    That's what we've done at the b-day parties we've done in the past. The one we did at Regal Henrietta we also played a mini-version of the droid hunt game. For this one, partymom was interested in having a little Jedi Training Academy. That's one of the reasons I called for help from North Ridge. JediKnightLisa and JediXXL are interested in coming out to help us so it should be really cool.

~Doc_Bev

10. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    DarSolo & I Are out for this event, I just got word that my family is arranging a benifit for my brother's kids at Mulligans in Greece that day

11. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Just wanted to bump this up as a reminder...

I think we can pull it off with the costumers we have signed up so far, but it is always cool to have more!

~Doc_Bev

12. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Got a call from partymom yesterday, she is looking to firm up the details for this event.

Please post here with whether or not you are able to volunteer for this.

~Doc_Bev

13. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    D & T negative availability

14. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Got you guys already - Thanks!

~Doc_Bev

15. BobaChris12

Aug 30, 2002
    I won't be able to make it. Mindy went to the doctor today and the baby dropped and is getting ready for birth early. He isn't going to wait until 9/18 [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

16. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Yay! He definitely is coming early! 3 weeks before the due date!! Wow!
    I put you two down as unavailable too. ;)

Update on times
    The party will be starting at 1pm, so we need to get there at 12:30pm so that we'll already be in costume when the guest arrive. We'll probably be at the party until 2:30pm-3pm and then have to figure out how to sneak out without the kids seeing us decostume.

Those attending will need to put in for which charity they'd like the donation to go to. I'd prefer we all agree on a single charity so that partymom doesn't have to write out a bunch of checks. Maybe something related to Sept 11th might be appropriate?

~Doc_Bev

17. MadKidJedi

MadKidJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2005
    MadKid is in. Just need a lift (as of now; could change).

A 9/11 charity would be great, and appropriate. Given all the observances around that date, I'm sure we'll hear of many we can choose from. Off the top of my head, all I can think of is the Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund...

18. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    For those attending, let's meet at my house between 12pm-12:15pm so that we can carpool over to the b-day party house. I live less than 2 miles away so I figured it would be easier having all the cars in my driveway than over at the party.

~Doc_Bev

19. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    This may be a bit selfish in suggesting, especially since I'm not participating in the event....And I don't want anyone to feel that they have to do this ...........but would it be out of line to suggest this money ( or some of) going towards the trust fund for the children of my brother Mike (who passed away recently)? This is what the Benifit is for that I'm attending & missing participating in this birhtday party.

I kind of felt awkward but I figure it wouldn't hurt to ask.

20. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I would be OK with splitting the money. I guess we'll have to see how much partymom is willing to donate and how many different things we end up splitting the money between.

~Doc_Bev

21. -KnightShade-

-KnightShade- Jedi Youngling star 2

May 18, 2004
    The only concern that I would have with Tom's suggestion is that we have no paper-trail to prove that the money raised went to a legally recognized charity.

I suspect that we would be crossing that line in the sand drawn by LFL...

22. TX4277

TX4277 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2005
    If Partymom made the checks out to the charities directly that may simplify the paper trail however I have no issues either way. Can we just make one donation to the charity Tom suggests?

23. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    Really it's ok, I surely wouldn't want to cause a problem for the club.

24. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I think in light of Katrina's recent devastation down south that maybe MadKidJedi's suggestion of the Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund seems very appropriate right now.

~Doc_Bev

25. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    I totally agree, it should be the Red Cross

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.