main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY B-day Party request - Sept 11th

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Doc_Bev, Jul 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ayka

Ayka Jedi Youngling star 1

May 12, 2005
    I am a Go! No longer tenetive. ! First Birthday party, and I hope (despite horror stories from other FanForcer's and 501st'ers) that I live to enjoy, and wantto do an even such as this again.

It'll be neat to make this kids day though, smiles are a worthwhile payment to me =)

2. JediKnightLisa

JediKnightLisa Jedi Master star 4

Oct 12, 2002
    Hey Doc Bev!

Yes, Gil and I will be there. :) We are doing the padawan t raining here tomorrow 9/10 at my daughters birthday party, so we shall see how it goes. Are we just doing the training or is there a bad guy afterwards the kids have to fight or how is this happening? I have someone doing the training first (just the basic 4 or 5: arm, arm, leg, leg and maybe headshot) with me coming in at the end as pre lava darth vader for them to fight to obtain their jedi padawan certificates. Do you guys have the padawan certificates or how do you do your parties? I could just "train" them then hand out the certificates if there is no one to fight or maybe Gil could train them and then have them fight me. Just passing along different scenarios of how you could do this... LMK what you are looking for so I have an idea. I also need to know if you want me as anakin or vader for this party too... guess it would depend on what my role will be for the training. ;) At the party 9/10, I will be starting out as anakin and turning to vader halfway through via the Emperor (Janice). [face_devil]

"Unless you have glowing eyes and frighten small children." YES I DO AND I HAVE IN THE PAST. ;) Not meaning to frighten them, but I do use my Sith eyes... so let me know if this is what you are intending or not. A little older kids think it is awesome.

PS How many kids will be attending this party and what ages???

3. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    JediKnightLisa - It's so cool that you guys are coming out for this!

This is our first time doing sabre training so we don't really have anything prepared for this. I don't have any certificates - if you guys have a file I could print them up or I can try to make something up this evening after our event today.

We'll have 2 Anakins at this party, you and MadKidJedi. However, he doesn't have Sith eyes. So maybe we could have him train them and then fight you?

The birthday boy will be 7 and there will be about 10 kids his age at the party. So I think having you with Sith eyes shouldn't frighten them much.

~Doc_Bev

4. JediKnightLisa

JediKnightLisa Jedi Master star 4

Oct 12, 2002
    Sounds good to me Nicky! I can come as Vader. [face_devil] The Sith eyes it will be then. In this way, KidJedi will have to do the training (arm, arm, leg, leg, head) and then I can come in afterwards to try and take over the academy. But considering we will both be Anakin, I dont know how that will work... Maybe KidJedi could train then leave the padawans with you. You could then sense a "tremor in the force" that something has happend to Anakin, that he has turned Sith. Then I could come in to try and take over the academy. You could then ask who will use their new basic techniques to fight off the Sith. After I go through the basic 5 with those who want to duel me, I will retreat. Then you can hand out the certificates to the kids.
    As far as the certificates, even just something typed out quick on the computer stating something like "The Jedi Knights proudly induct ________________________ as an honorary Jedi Padawan this day September 11, 2005." Maybe with some Jedi symbols or pictures around the edges or whatever.
    Does this help?
    See you tomorrow! :)

5. MadKidJedi

MadKidJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2005
    MadKid only knows how to swing his saber one fancy way... sad, I know. :( Must've slept through that day of training... I guess JediLisa could show me the ropes beforehand?? [face_thinking] :)

6. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Reminder: meet at my house at Noon today for the b-day party. If you need my address PM me.

Also, partymom has offered to make the donation through her work where they have a matching (dollar for dollar) program. I think this would be an easy way to double our donation to the Red Cross.

~Doc_Bev

7. Ayka

Ayka Jedi Youngling star 1

May 12, 2005
    Despite some attacks on the Stormtrooper by several screaming children wielding some toy plastic lightsabers, I'd say this event went rather well. Though, it'd be nice if there we're more kids in attendance, as it seemed that we almost matched their number.

Easy way to make some quick $$ for the Red Cross ^^

8. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Thanks Ayka, MadKidJedi & KnightShade and JediKnightLisa & Gil for braving the heat and a gaggle of 7 year old boys with lightsabres. The boys really seemed to enjoy having us there and as Ayka said it was an easy way for us to raise some money for the Red Cross.

~Doc_Bev

9. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    Glad to be of assistance... It was fun, thanks for having us over.

10. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Pictures are now up, I didn't take very many though.

Here's part of the thank you email from partymom:

Thank you all so much for coming to Derek's party. I think the boys had
    a wonderful time and really had fun with all of you. We really enjoyed
    meeting all of you and hope to see you at future events.

~Doc_Bev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.