main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

BA2 - R.I.P.

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Vidman, May 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crunchy

Crunchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    DA^

and that would be a huge headache, if the amateur film did turn a profit, calculating, per person and per amount donated, as to how much each person would receive and how much profit would the film have to make in order to deem a profit get seen by the donators...

But, then again, they are DONATORS and not INVESTORS. It is a donation, which means that there is no expectation of getting reimberced or receiving profit.

2. SIUEA_DOOGUAS

SIUEA_DOOGUAS Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 8, 2004
    sure a fanfilm can be made from another fanfilm

blueworlds

3. SIUEA_DOOGUAS

SIUEA_DOOGUAS Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 8, 2004
    and no i don't believe anyone can get into any kind of trouble if someone made a fanfilm of their own
    based on BA2 or any title

not in this world

4. Scott_M

Scott_M Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 24, 2000
    But, then again, they are DONATORS and not INVESTORS. It is a donation, which means that there is no expectation of getting reimberced or receiving profit.

However, if they are Australian taxpayers, they may be eligible for a tax break. I don't know the details, but you can receive a tax deduction for investing in the local film industry.

5. Crunchy

Crunchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    I look forward to the BA2 comic, great artist you have there :)

6. General_Rieekan

General_Rieekan Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    thanks for clearing that up SIUEA! i would still feel better getting an OK from someone though, just so im not stepping on anyones toes or ticking people, specifically Nick, off...

7. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    People might get mad at you for making a fan film based on their fan film; people are hard to predict. I honestly think that would be quite hypocritical, given that they're being permitted the ability to make a derivative work based on someone else's work. Could you face legal repercussions? Practically, no. There are some theoretical possibilities, but they're all so unlikely as to be nonexistent.

-Paul

8. General_Rieekan

General_Rieekan Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    thats my point of contention, there. i am seriously thinking of doing a BA spinoff, and since BA was nonprofit there really isnt a legal thing to worry about, i just dont want to burn bridges in the community. lets face it, im not gonna be able to pull something off at the same level as Nick and the gang did with BA, so to pretend or delude myself or others into thinking i can is insane. i just dont want to make the film and then get crucified for it, y'know? at this point, as i said earlier, there is nothing on paper, just random ideas floating around in my skull, so at least im not wasting time on something that may be ultimately undoable anyway...

if anything, id just do it for ***** and giggles, fun times and just to see if i could pull it off.

9. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    Okay folks... in typical BA2 thread fashion this seems to be spiraling in off-topic directions, and unpleasant ones at times, so I'm gonna give this a lock and let the management have a look at it.

Rick McCallum loves you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.