main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Baby Fett is here!!

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by catz44, May 13, 2008.

1. RubberDuckTape

RubberDuckTape Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 27, 2003
    They had me give Isaac baby tylenol half an hour before he got his, that way it works faster or something, although I swear that kid has the highest pain tolerance of anyone I've met. He would get shots and kind of complain while they were doing it, more because he was being held down than for the shots. He didn't even cry when he scraped up his knee and it was bleeding, and all the time when he throws temper tantrums, he lays on the ground and flings his head back, onto cement and marble tile and he doesn't cry....maybe he's giving himself concussions. [face_thinking]

2. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    Boys do tend to be tougher, and no disrespect to little girls...I think its because they are more solid and less willowy in frame...more padding? Bean has started toughing out things that used to make her cry. She hit the deck really hard the other day and scraped up her knees. I saw her going and was running towards her as she fell...she stayed down for a bit, and winced but never cried. She is getting to be a brave little booger.

And forgot about the tylenol. Give em that and some mommymilk and all will be well. :D

3. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Oh, she is a tough girl she cried of course but was over it as soon as Mommy was holding her. [face_love]
    She did however, develop a low grade fever on Friday. Mostly it made me worry but it didnt seem to bother her.
    The doctor also was concerned about her weight, too tiny, so we are starting to supplement her with more formula. Apparently I was starving my baby. :_| She is already starting to chunk up, she was only in the 4% for weight. and 30% for height and head. We have to go back in a month for a weight check.
    It was so cute today, I was drinking water out of glass and she just kept watching me. I showed it to her and she opened her mouth like a bird (you know what I mean) and was looking for a nipple to put in her mouth. She knows already to associate cups, bottles etc with food.

4. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    Update on Abigail.
    She is almost 6 months old! Can you believe it?
    She has doubled her birth weight plus some and is developing adorable baby rolls.
    We have started her on rice, oatmeal and now pears and apples, tonight we are going to try peas, I'm hoping she will eat them but we will see.
    She is talking up a storm and I WILL teach her MaMa befor DaDa. [face_skull]
    She has rolled over and scoots around to get places, I would love her to crawl but then I look at our house in fear of a mobile child....

5. FanForced

FanForced Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2007
    I have bubble wrap if you need it.

6. jthornto

jthornto Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2005
    I have duct tape if you need it.

7. RubberDuckTape

Oct 27, 2003
    I have outlet covers if you need them. Although they work better on adults than kids...

8. Jyn

Jyn Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 9, 2006
    Sarah's nearly walking, she cruises furniture and will take a few steps on her own and we still haven't fully childproofed the house. Every now and then we go running when she pulls something off a desk or a table or somesuch, our room and the bathroom are completely off limits if we aren't in there with her... The best we've done is gates on the stairs, plexy on the banister on the stairs, gate to the kitchen and a big ole gate surrounding the fireplace hearth.

9. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    so do I wrap the baby each time or wrap all the stuff.........[face_thinking]

10. RubberDuckTape

Oct 27, 2003
    easier to wrap the baby. ;)

We need a heavier fish tank, with a baby-proof lid. I think I'll invent one and sell it to parents. Kids are fascinated by fish. I remember when someone brought a kid over (I think it was Julien, but now I'm not sure) and put them in front of the 55 gal saltwater tank we had at the time. The baby started making swimming motions and trying to touch the fish, was too cute!

11. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    LOL

Thats too cute. Abby is swimming on the floor, its how she gets around now, maybe she is part fish....... [face_thinking]

12. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    So I think Abigail is teething, she is very fussy,(no tempature) and everything needs to go in the mouth.
    Any suggestions on relieving her pain?

13. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Humphries Pellets

14. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    Bourbon. Worked for me. [face_whistling]

Actullly, they make stuff to put on teething babies' gums. Probably in the phamacy section.... Teething rings that are freezable are standard, which I'm sure you know.

15. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    ?

16. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    Excuse me... Humphrey's Teething Pellets #3

My sister used it exclusively for Lucky and it helped him a lot. Which is good, because he pulled an Aunt Jenn and cut his teeth 4 at a time. :eek: :_|

17. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    Do they chew on them?

18. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    Dissolve them in a teaspoon of water and pour it in

19. Jyn

Jyn Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 9, 2006
    we have some but for some reason have never opened the bottle to try them...

Sarah's favorite aid at the moment (besides mommy's elbows and thighs and daddy's toes) is the baby orajel, we found it in swabs with the right amount prefilled in em, crack off one end it drains into the other and apply.

Beyond that, we give her lots of crunchy finger food, she seems to like that.

20. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002

Did you get a mesh teether yet? Put an ice cube in it...or if shes drinking juice(?) freeze some of that and pop it in.

21. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    Oh yes, she loves that things we usually put bananas in in but I will try an ice cube thats a good idea.

22. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Or tell her to suck it up, there are going to be much worse things in life she will have to deal with :p

j/k -

Just google teething & you get a ton of tricks, ginger root is supose to work great? Not sure if she will like the taste. I think you can freeze it too?

23. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    I read freeze her paci, which she loves!!!

24. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    heck, freeze her banana...or you could even chill it. I am not sure what foods she eats yet, but I used to put cottage cheese in Juliens mesh teether. What a mess! She loved it. [face_pig]

25. RubberDuckTape

Oct 27, 2003
    I never used the mesh things very much, but I have a bunch of teeth-y kids. :D The first one had 10 teeth before 10 months, and Mr. Bug was only about a month behind that... the bad thing was that they didn't like to eat mushy baby food since they could chew