main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY Baby Leah Charity

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by DarKyram, Nov 10, 2011.

1. DarKyram

DarKyram Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 5, 2010
    Hey everyone, some of you are on facebook, some aren't. I posted this there and I'm just gonna copy it to here:

"So, I'm not long from home, and I've got to say, I've felt pretty useless out here. Many of you are in the costuming community, and so are aware of the baby Leah in California who's had lots of medical troubles. The daughter of DeltaSquadBoss from the famed line of M-DSB helmets.

You see DSB, Zev, is actually my buddy from before I joined the Army. I met him at SDCC '09 and while I haven't lost touch with him, my contact has dwindled. And I've been unable to do much at all for him out here.

So I'm proposing we start a charity fund in Kentucky for Baby Leah. He's a dear friend of mine and I want to organize our own donation event for them.

Any with any ideas or suggestions on how to set this up, let me know. I'm going to hit the ground running when I touch down. Ya'll know how I am. So pass it around, consider a good venue. Consider if you're willing to help, and if so, it'll likely be cold in January.

Shoot me some ideas, and I'm going to take them to Zev and let him know what I'm planning and how to arrange things.

I think this will be good way to help me reacclimate within American society again, and it'll give me a chance to make up for my lack of doing anything sooner.

So your Kyr'bes'alor has put out the call.

Blue Mooners and allies around us please answer it and start feeding me ideas!"

Also added this part:
    "Hmm. I also think I will get in touch with someone in my unit, and look to organize this in conjuncture with people in the Army. I'd like to involve as many people possible to get the awareness and help for Leah as possible."

I just wanna get everyone involved and start brainstorming now to see how we can make this kick off. I really want to do this when I get home. So I'm sharing it on here and I will post it also on Mando Mercs page, and if you guys can spread it as well that'll be great.

2. VoxDeamonicus

VoxDeamonicus Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2010
    no child should have to suffer. wither with TDE or just on my own, i'll help

3. LordZannah

LordZannah Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2010
    Dar and Everyone, you are going to love this:::

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFWV_aVNMDU&feature=youtu.be

Also, check out the S.W. Costuming groups emblems on each corner of the "Baby Leah" card. Represented are :: Left Upper Corner: Mandalorian Merks. Right Upper Corner: The Dark Empire. Left Lower Corner: Rebel Legion. Right Lower Corner: 501st Legion. [face_dancing]